It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clinton Stance on Trayvon and Gun Legislation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Stand your ground cases go in front of a separate hearing to analyze the validity of that legal defense. he waived the hearing as it is determined solely by a judge, and therefore went to trial in front of a jury of his peers. Fact is, it was not Stand your Ground that got him off. It was a jury of his peers and poorly handled prosecution. Although he could have merged them in court.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

No real argument over his behavior since. Reprehensible about describes it.

As for the trial? Murder or justifiable self-defense? That's a horrific gray area, that I am in no way qualified to judge on as I wasn't there. So I won't.

My sole issue is using this horrible event to score political points that others will use to color me, some how, as a bad guy, or folks a lot like me. As has happened many a time on this very site.

Like Zimmerman, I carry. Unlike him, I don't go looking for trouble. I will be perfectly content if I never, outside of a shooting range, have to draw my handgun. I see trouble headed my way, or what might possibly be trouble, I'm moving away, calling the cops, only as a very last resort will I draw. I'm not going to shoot some one on Possible.

I'm licensed by the state of Washington to do so. I'm also taking classes, and training on how to use, and more importantly, when to and when not to use it.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Yes, complicated....

If you can't follow the logic between using an emotional plea to support an agenda, I'm sorry bud, can't help you there.

The height of irony, as Zimmerman's defense is entirely rooted in an emotional plea to his state as a perceived victim that was authorized to use deadly force. A perspective that you defended when you said,

Who else perspective is necessary in the heat of the moment?

That perspective is entirely rooted in his emotions and it's the entire point of my 'confusing' post. It's the reason Stand Your Ground laws are wrong, because they are entirely based on emotional pleas. And some people's emotional pleas have more relevance than others apparently.

You ever punched someone? You ever been punched by someone? Both have happened to me and both me and the people I fought never felt the need to pull out a gun and shoot someone. Maybe we should be walking back the idea that that sort of behavior is ok (as long as you're white).

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You're going off on a tangent unrelated to my thread. If you would like to propose a conversation relating to Florida's SYG law, by all means, make a thread.

I will answer your questions however. I have been punched and I have punched. I've been jumped. I've been shot at. I've had to fight off guys who can't handle a loss and choose a weapon. I can tell you that in those circumstances getting out alive is the only perspective.

Did Zimmerman bring it on himself? Quite possibly.

Now that I've answered your questions, please, answer mine. Here it is again: Is it ok for the White House to judge and take sides on a case where the evidence and investigation is incomplete?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

If you're asking whose else perspective is necessary in the heat of the moment, as in, he is allowed to be judge jury and executioner, let me pose to you a few questions.

I have another question and hypothetical... what legal criminal liability does the aggressor and instigator hold for the results? What if a rapist is stalking you, and you try to run away, think you lost him, and start going toward home only to find him lurking in the shadows... if you dare fight back and actually get the upper hand, that now puts the rapist's life in danger... by the Zimmerman reasoning, the rapist now has the "right" to shoot you dead for daring to defend and protect yourself (not to mention the little brother waiting at home that you didn't want to lead this bad man right back to).

It wasn't Zimmerman that had the right to stand his ground. Zimmerman was the aggressor and instigator who created, escalated and perpetuated the confrontation. The state threw that case.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Here it is again: Is it ok for the White House to judge and take sides on a case where the evidence and investigation is incomplete?

Officially? No. It is neither the job of the President or the administration to do anything more than urge an investigation.

Unofficially? Hey, everybody's got an opinion. ...and when one is getting barraged by questions about an incident, of whatever kind, it's going to be difficult not to voice an opinion... In My Opinion

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

What unbelievable ignorance.

"Stand your ground" NEVER CAME INTO PLAY.

It was simple self-defense.

Martin was determined to be the agressor who commited felony assault.

And Zimmerman/Martin was" black on black".

Zimmerman has afro-peruvian ancestry. His grandfather was black.

Zimmerman is a second generation hispanic immigrant who is a multilingual, multicultural registered democrat.
edit on 2-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

What unbelievable ignorance.

"Stand your ground" NEVER CAME INTO PLAY.

It was simple self-defense.

Martin was determined to be the agressor who commited felony assault.

And Zimmerman/Martin was" black on black".

Zimmerman has afro-peruvian ancestry. His grandfather was black.

Zimmerman is a second generation hispanic immigrant who is a multilingual, multicultural registered democrat.

A voice of intellect and reason. Thanks
Tell ya what. If I challenge someone outside my house late at night , and they attack me from behind , may god help them cause I damn sure aint.....

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Why bother? She has at least two stances at every juncture, one you us proles and the real one for Wall Street. She was against gay marriage, now she's for it, (well at least to us proles), behind closed doors? Who knows?
edit on 2-11-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
December gun and ammo sales will set another new record if she is elected november 8th.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Too bad Bill didn't show up and say "Trayvon Martin could have been my son", like Obama did.

(Danney Williams)

No, Bill more likely would say something like, "Well, now I can't say he is not my son, but he does look alot like he would were he." (in your best low Arkansas drawl)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

If you're asking whose else perspective is necessary in the heat of the moment, as in, he is allowed to be judge jury and executioner, let me pose to you a few questions

You assume too much. And you know what that does to you and me. Ass U Me . No , self defense is a whole nother matter. Of course if a person is a Progressive Liberal or a citizen in a foreign country they have no concept of that term . Their right to self-defense was probably taken away years ago by their oppressive government

See , Hillary is using the age old boring Democratic tactic of spin. "Just words , just speeches" . She doesnt give a rat's a** for the truth or common people. Just getting elected. Hell , I bet she doesnt know or care anything about the Martin case. Just the name due to it was supplied to her by her staff .

top topics

<< 1   >>

join