It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Clinton Stance on Trayvon and Gun Legislation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, I suppose she is going right back to the start of the divisive tactics used by Obama. Hillary was in Sanford, FL today at an event.

"I cannot come to Sanford without talking about Trayvon Martin," she continued. "It's heartbreaking that this young man all he did was go to a cornerstone, bought a pack of Skittles and walked back home in the rain. And his life was cut short."

We've been through this. The alleged was put on trial and found not guilty.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"Thirty-three thousand people a year die from guns and we've got to do a better job, my friends," she said. "You see, I believe we have a fundamental human — even a moral obligation — to protect our children no matter who they are or what zip code they live in. We have a moral obligation to reduce gun violence and that will require us to stand up against systemic racism and promote justice and equality and criminal justice reform."

Should this woman become president we will see more official stances from the White House before any evidence is placed. Good luck on election day.
edit on 2-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Too bad Bill didn't show up and say "Trayvon Martin could have been my son", like Obama did.

(Danney Williams)
edit on 2-11-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There really is nothing new there.

It's been fairly obvious from the get go that this was going to be her stance. The answer to gun violence is to remove them from me, or folks like me, who are responsible.

That she, and others like her, are wrong doesn't enter into their thought processes.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   
We don't have a gun or race problem. We have a job problem, mainly in inner cities. As Mark Twain said, "The lack of money is the root of all evil."

Obama said Detroit would not go bankrupt but it did. Worse bankruptcy of a US city in history. Chicago is a war zone.
Nothing to do with race or guns. Chicago has enough gun laws. It did nothing. Soon Houston will pass Chicago because everyone is moving out.

Same formula in every major Democratic city. High taxes, no jobs, poor leadership = high crime, gun violence and murder.

Can't believe people are still falling for this stuff. It's really sad the uncommon stupidity of trying to fix a problem without understanding how we got to this point in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

People are told what they want to hear, and most people will take the easiest road--combine those two, and viola, you have what we're looking at today, and not just in the major urban areas.

Apathy. Anger. Folks blaming everyone except the one staring out from the mirror for all their issues. External forces do, of course, play a roll...but that fella/gal staring out has earned the vast majority of the blame.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No nothing new really. Just cycling back around to the beginning which to me is funny. Perhaps that signified an end.

edit on 2-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

I think I agree with you if I read your post correctly.

The backbone of America is the middle class. Upward financial mobility. The past 20 years of decline is evident in every facet of American life.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Oh, it is funny. It's like she, and her parrots, think it's something new, and oh, so important.

Funny, yet pitiful all at the same time. Punish those who've done nothing wrong, yet allow those who do, to continue on. Something is seriously out of focus here.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
That was really unnecessary of her, opening up old wounds in that community with rhetoric that will get nowhere in this state. I really wish she would just figure it out before the ghost of Rudy Eugene eats her face off. Its going to happen man, zombies must be here in Florida for a reason.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

We've been through this. The alleged was put on trial and found not guilty.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

The fact he was found not guilty is precisely the point it's such a travesty. The 'stand your ground' law is a joke. It's entirely based on your own perception as a non-trained average citizen that can fire a hand cannon at anyone that makes you scared. Do the police tell you not to follow? NOT A PROBLEM, YOU'RE SUSPICIOUS. Is the guy punching you because you followed him? Shoot him in the face. Seems totally reasonable. So reasonable that all these other countries are just lining up to copy our laws because they work so well.

The other laughable aspect of this is when people complain that Obama talked about Trayvon Martin when he doesn't talk about black on black crime. The key word is crime...it is recognized that black on black crime is crime. If you're Zimmerman you can follow a black man, cause a confrontation and then shoot him in the face legally. AKA, not a crime, and it's just one of the myriad reasons this country is a joke in the eyes of the West. Thankfully there's some sanity left.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WhateverYouSay

Who else perspective is necessary in the heat of the moment?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Too bad Bill didn't show up and say "Trayvon Martin could have been my son", like Obama did.

(Danney Williams)

He possibly has an unknown black son now, so he won't have to.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yes. Zimmerman was found innocent in court. Fact remains that he murdered that kid.

Further, his behavior since that day has been so far beyond reprehensible as to make it a fair opinion that the jury probably got it wrong in the Zimmerman case.

The man is garbage.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Fair enough and agreed. However given the statements coming from the White House before the case ever went to trial is not a road that should be traveled again any time soon.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Um, what?

If you're asking whose else perspective is necessary in the heat of the moment, as in, he is allowed to be judge jury and executioner, let me pose to you a few questions.

Let's say someone drops acid and sees everyone turn into zombies and they start gunning them down. Is that justified? Probably not, because he was on drugs, right? Well once you admit that, you understand there's a spectrum of beliefs that correspond to reality, and we all lie somewhere on it, and untrained average citizens are going to be more full of fear next to someone that is a trained Navy Seal, so next to a Navy Seal Zimmerman might as well be on acid.

But let's reverse the idea. Let's say a black man was following you when there was no one else around. I'm sure plenty of posters on this site would think it would be ok to punch him because they felt a mugging incoming. Now, after he shoots you in the face, what are the odds that his shooting is ruled justifiable?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Man on acid vs black men?

Forgive me if I don't follow along.

Also this is not about Zimmerman, this is about restricting gun laws and preemptive judgment from the White House.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Sorry if it was too complicated for you.

That being said, you say in the title it's about Trayvon, and you used Clinton's comments on the case as the lynchpin of your thread. Time to abandon that ship and just claim it's about Clinton's anti-gun stance?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yes, complicated....

If you can't follow the logic between using an emotional plea to support an agenda, I'm sorry bud, can't help you there.

If you believe that it's ok for the White House to take sides and pass judgment before all the evidence is gathered on a case then I can't help you there either.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Did Hillary mention anything about the 41 people shot / 17 people murdered, in Chicago this past weekend? That was mostly Black-on-Black. Racism was not a factor.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

First you have to ask if progressive policies were a failure in Chicago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join