It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contaminated food from China now entering the U.S. under the 'organic' label

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackadder01
Agreed, the toxic smog in China is so bad you can't see the skyline at all.
Then you've got people wearing masks so they can breathe.

These are photo's of just how bad the skyline is in the Cities.
They added giant screens so people could see the sun and the blue sky.

How awful. I had no idea they were doing that. If we start bringing all our manufacturing back to the states, I wonder if we could have a similar situation?

But as far as the foods from China, never. My grocery store is good about putting up little signs from where they buy things.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

im surprised they havent destroyed that thing out of pure resentment and bitterness lol

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Here you have it folks....the result of all the anti-immigration nonsense that has been stoked over the last 10 years. Its cheaper to ship food across the ocean than it is to let it rot in the fields here in America. Cuz they took our jobs. LOL

Meanwhile, our middle class was exported to China, where they are growing contaminated veggies to send back to us.

I hope we run out of bullets soon. We don't have much foot left to shoot.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don`t even like buying the cheap Chinese made crap that Wal-Mart sells so I damn sure am not going to buy anything made in china that I put in my body.

The politicians let that poisoned food be imported into America because they don`t eat it,that food is low priced and meant to be consumed by the poor.
Nothing goes better with a tall cold glass of lead tainted water than some poisoned Chinese chicken,yummmmm, eat up peasants.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I don`t even like buying the cheap Chinese made crap that Wal-Mart sells so I damn sure am not going to buy anything made in china that I put in my body.

The politicians let that poisoned food be imported into America because they don`t eat it,that food is low priced and meant to be consumed by the poor.
Nothing goes better with a tall cold glass of lead tainted water than some poisoned Chinese chicken,yummmmm, eat up peasants.

Licensing.

Lets say you walk into a Wal Mart, or a Dollar Store, and buy a name brand product like Reeses. You cannot even be sure that the product you are eating is the Reeses you know and love. In fact, it usually isn't (although in Wal Marts case, I suspect they deal with the actual company, and not a licensee....Dollar Stores don't).

So lets say I am Reeses, and I don't want to pay import tariffs, etc, on my product going into Mexico. I can simply license my brand to a third party, who can produce their own peanut butter cups and package them in my packaging. This does not mean, however, that they make the same product. And often they do not. The rub is NAFTA, and the importation of these licensed products. Its not supposed to happen, but I can promise you it does. Customs isn't in the business of enforcing licenses for Reeses, afterall.

And in dealing with China its even easier. I can simply take a product I like, lets say an electronic cigarette. I can send it to a company in China, who will reverse enginner the product and mass produce it for me. Buy a couple pallets of that and push it into distribution. This is what DH Gate and Amazon basically are: ripped off crap produced in China and sold on the cheap to Americans. Unfortunately, with electronic cigarettes you end up with people blowing their hands off.

Even computers in Wal Mart....they have a special designation on the serial number indicating its a Wal mart computer. Wal Mart demands the lowest price, so they get lower prices/lesser made products to sell to people.

edit on 11/2/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

thats pretty wild.

there seems to be a growing unease among westerners of packaged food in general and i cannot help but think its a good thing. Packaged foods, and even "fresh" foods, are subjected to so many chemical/radiological processes to preserve the food and protect it from pests by the time it gets to your store its hardly food anymore.

I mean really, whatever the thing is that they use to figure out the nutrient content of food should be in every home so consumers can actually TEST their food for nutritional value. I often get the feeling im eating something that only LOOKS real.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tribal

A quick article:

www.savingadvice.com...

I figured this out about 15 years ago. I prefer Aussie brand shampoo. The smell is something I've loved since I was a kid. The wife bought my brand of shampoo at the local dollar store a couple of times, and I noticed its smell wasn't what it should have been. So I did some digging and found that Aussie had licensed the use of their logo, but not the formula to make the product, to a 3rd party.

Shortly after that, dogs started to die from Chinese food. Sealed the deal for me. I don't even go in the dollar store any more. I am one of those risk averse folks that is always thinking about the worst case scenario. This makes even dollar store toilet paper suspect in my mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: rickymouse
I would question why our government lets them get away with it. The Chinese can produce food, but our Federal food agencies are supposed to do their job and make sure it is safe.

Thank god for regulations and our alphabet agencies, amirite.

like..seriously..this is why these agencys exist. whenever anyone discusses shutting down things like the FDA, I think those people should be required to go to China and eat street food for a month. Come back with a new perspective (and probably a upcoming hospital bill)

Not shutdown the FDA, just cutback on some of the stupid regulations. Like buying organic food from the Amish in PA. Those people were selling milk forever and nobody ever got sick. They made them stop selling it. Just label it unpasteurized and if someone wants to buy it that is their business if they are aware of the risk just like tobacco.
FDA put all kinds of regulations on them and there was never a problem. It's some of the most wholesome food on the planet.
Too bad big pharma runs this show. Sadly, it really is that simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Ah, figures it would happen eventually. Best thing to do as always with "organics" is buy local and or from trusted sources. Of course, then it's more challenging for many on selection, without net or app guides.

posted on Nov, 6 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The Chinese can produce food, but our Federal food agencies are supposed to do their job and make sure it is safe.

The FDA and the USDA are beholden to powerful lobbyists.
I have doubts safety is their number one concern!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join