It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOS - Pyramids and Monoliths as rescue signs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: shipman

Just so you know, those monuments were created thousands of years apart. Just from your examples, the famous heads on Easter Island were created sometime between 1250-1500 AD. And many of the pyramids in Egypt were built in the 2500s BC, meaning they were built roughly 4,000 years apart.

The above quote is mainstream History, so I do not blame the poster for believing it. But I believe all these things were built during the same age. I do not think they were rescue markers either.

There is a simple explanation for this which deserves it's own thread. But that thread may already exist on ATS.

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

I think a cataclysm and a quick one, all the stone monuments were built to withstand massive earthquakes, that's why they still stand while much later designs are crumbling.

The flood stories from around the world and the Atlantis myths, make me think that was when this worldwide culture ceased to be.

As a hint, you all need to think outside of the circle. And then tilt that circle on its side.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Yes, they just need some batteries.

You can stick all the batteries you want in a pile of rocks, but it'll still just be a pile of rocks.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Just so you know, those monuments were created thousands of years apart. Just from your examples, the famous heads on Easter Island were created sometime between 1250-1500 AD. And many of the pyramids in Egypt were built in the 2500s BC, meaning they were built roughly 4,000 years apart.

The above quote is mainstream History, so I do not blame the poster for believing it. But I believe all these things were built during the same age.

So, you can't even enumerate the reasons you believe this folly is factual?

Harte

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

OP, none of the examples you cite can be seen from space without a telescope looking down on Earth. Which suggests that you haven't spent any time at all researching this. Long things can be seen, like the great wall of China. So if a lost spacefaring race wanted to send a message, they could have just piled the rocks into a huge SOS shape rather than meaningless squares.

So this is a class 8 idea

top topics

<< 1   >>

join