It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychiatric disease and USA Presidents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Something is odd about these two.

Both seem to be compulsive liars.

They seem to have no firm policies and it has become an election of personalities and clearing up their garbage, rather than an election based on principles and future policies.

And so there was a google search on mental illness in USA Presidents.

It is rife according to this article.

www.psychologytoday.com...

Which begs the question "should all future potential POTUS candidates have a psychological assessment as well as a physical assessment"
edit on 1-11-2016 by shipman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2016 by shipman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shipman

They seem to have no firm policies and it has become an election of personalities and clearing up their garbage, rather than an election based on principles and future policies.

Which begs the question "should all future potential POTUS candidates have a psychological assessment as well as a physical assessment"

Who is the sane person you would trust with such a task?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
But the ability to lie is a prerequisite for the job.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shipman

Yeah they should have a phycological assessment before and after the presidential process, that way they can see how they changed throughout the whole thing...I agree they are lier's and no one who's up for presidency should be a lier.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shipman

My opinion, is that psychologists get paid to "find" things wrong with people.

See all the millions of Americans being diagnosed with and taking medication for some "condition" and the DSM-V listing eating healthy as a mental disorder.

It's interesting that the article didn't mention Hillary and her pathological lying even once.

Edit:
I think pursuing a career in politics must be a key indicator of some kind of abnormality.
edit on 1-11-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Now, don't be telling people of different countries that we keep nuts in that big White House in Washington. That is medical information that is considered private.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

My opinion, is that psychologists get paid to "find" things wrong with people.

Very true, and this is Pop Psychology from a Pop Psychology Magazine. The idea that someone can go back a couple hundred years in history and "diagnose" a President with some sort of made-up malady is absurd. And today, when acronym diseases prevail, there is not a person alive who could not be diagnosed with some capital-letter syndrome by some psychologist.

Note that PSYCHOLOGY is a liberal arts field. Ted Bundy was a psychology major. PSYCHIATRY, on the other hand, is a hard science practiced by M.D.'s who have real medical training. There are diseases of the mind that have physical causes, and those are a legitimate field of study. But the idea that someone has some sort of alleged "disorder" basically because you don't like his or her personality or what they do is scientifically very, very shaky. I wuldn;t trust a psychologist as fa as I could throw him.

But you have to be crazy to want to be President anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now, don't be telling people of different countries that we keep nuts in that big White House in Washington. That is medical information that is considered private.

That's ok, it's easy to see.....

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I've always thought you had to be absolutely insane to even consider running for president - and that every day in office would only make one even more out of one's mind nuts. Clinton and Trump are just extra-crazed lunatics, and probably extreme "hard" drug addicts to boot.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

If i could give you 50 stars, I would.

I know what you say is true, first hand. However, while i agree with you about the idelistic version of psychiatry, many psychiatrists are they themelvess, insane. Many of them slap diagnoses on people very haphazardly and often classify cases as "atypical" as the exact causes, effects, and categoriztions of mental disorders are still being worked on.

I do, however, agree that there are very astute psychiatrists out there that work hard to understand and help their patients with their mental issues.
edit on 1-11-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

top topics

join