It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fantasy is what you make it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” Albert Einstein quoted that phrase according to history books.. I try to cope with our so called reality everyday, for some it comes natural for others its more difficult..

I cant write philosophy, im getting better at it, but usually it just ends up with mimicking someones work.. I use giants from the past and stand on their shoulders, mostly cause of the comfort they give cause their path is already trampled.
There is no risk but the reward is great to see what they saw,and feel the same as they once felt..

I wish i could write philosophy, poetry even a story worth remembering.. I cant, but i can see what is real and what is not, and i could say, its a very scary feeling once you accept that the reality people see is quite different from yours.. And once you get to know the neurotic behavior of guilt and shame, and those who puts a smile and say all the words someones wants to hear.. I call it a clowns mask, just that, they have it on all their life..

I venture into nature, and leave everything modern and electronic at home and sometimes walk for hours, just me and my little companion.. When i return, i feel refreshed, at ease and at peace.. What is out there is real, inside those invisible walls are insanity..

Change Your Story, Change Your Perception and your life will change.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

I think you did pretty darn good.

If I am having a bad day, that is where I always end up... out in nature so I can ground myself again and rethink what is important and what is not. To refocus and pull myself back so that I can move forward within my creation.

leolady

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

out in nature so I can ground myself again....

....which is why I will never hire a landscaper to tend to my property. Even things as simple as cutting a lawn, raking leaves, trimming hedges or spreading soil can be so therapeutic to the point where I lack the vocabulary to describe it.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My philosophy is that I can only concern myself about things that are directly within my realm of control, everything else is random.

"change is the only constant in life.

I embrace change even when it's out of my control because it is the only constant in life. So why stress about something you can't control?

That's why if I'm on the losing side of a vote, it doesn't bother me. The decision has been made and we have to move forward.
Same with my favourite team losing at football, sure I'll be disappointed but no point stressing out over it, it's out of my control. My friend is in a mood all day if his team loses, it's crazy to me.

ETA.

Life is a computer game where I am the character of the story, the world has random events and feels real but it's not.
As the only "real" character in this game, I can only rely on the actions of myself to make the world a better place.

edit on 1-11-2016 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
You are writting about philosophy and cutting through illusion. Humans are great at fantasy and yet it is something we are not directly taught at shcool. How is it we are good at fantasy? Is it our ability to believe that gets us tied up in to beleiving lies.a reply to: tikbalang

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
You are writting about philosophy and cutting through illusion. Humans are great at fantasy and yet it is something we are not directly taught at shcool. How is it we are good at fantasy?

Is it possibly because it is the role of schools and other structures of social learning to promote the accepted fantasy? We're taught about the imaginary value of money from an early age, for example. The fantasy of protection from crime and suffering is the whole basis of Western politics and it only exists for a very few, while the rest of us have to believe in it in order to make it function for those few. All accepted fantasies that begin in school.

edit on 2-11-2016 by Anaana because: fixed quotes

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"Tired of being the life of the party?
Change your shorts, change your life, change your life
Change into a nine-year-old Hindu boy, get rid of your wife..."

-Tom Waits, Step Right Up

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

We have always been our own enemy; creating out own prison.

If we change our habits, we change our life for the better. Unfortunately , most people are yellow and would rather face the same pattern than step into the unknown.

Ironically, it is not the spiritual teacher that can help. A entrepreneur/businessman has far more useful tips for those who have created their own stale reality.

top topics

join