It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Threatens Turkey With War After Erdogan Deploys Tanks To Iraqi Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

In the latest provocation between Turkey and Iraq, the Turkish military begun deploying tanks and other armored vehicles to the town of Silopi near the Iraqi border, in a move the defense minister said on Tuesday was related to the fight against terrorism and developments across the border.

Iraq's response, as expected, came fast, and in a tweet by the official Twitter account of the Iraqi Popular Mobilization Units fighting ISIS in Iraq, the PMU said that "Any Turkish invasion of Ezidi Sinjar will face the full force of the Iraqi PMU to defend our lands from Turkey", effectively threatening Turkey with war should Turkey's tanks cross the border.

link

Honestly what the hell is happening, its like we truly are reaching critical mass.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Yup, more and more reason we will be forced to go and "help".

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.... So then if Iraq defends their sovereignty .... and Turkey is a member of NATO

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Obviously if tanks are rolling across the border it's war time.

The PMU isn't really threatening, they are just stating the obvious. It's not a threat to state that you will defend yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Bad idea Iraq, I don`t believe Iraq would stand a chance against turkey in a war.

I seem to remember reading that 1,400 isis ran the Iraq army out of mosul with hardly a shot fired.

if the Iraq army can`t hold it`s own against a handful of rebels they don`t have much chance against a well equipped,well trained real army.

Turkey shouldn`t be sending military units into a sovereign nation uninvited but I guess they are just following the U.S. example in Syria.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

It's a bad idea to state that they will defend themselves? Why?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Wisdom. Didnt the Iraqi army even surrender to the press during Desert Storm ? Its bad when your military surrenders to civilians....

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Now this is where Project Bluebeam needs to be fired up again like during Desert Storm, 1991.

Imagine the Shiites and Sunnis seeing and hearing Mahdi (ISLAMIC MESSIAH) ordering them to fight in his name. Yellow desert one day, red desert the next.

Clueless ignorant mortals fighting to the death in the name of their Messiah (djinn).

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Sounds like turkey wants to take a bite out of Iraq and claim ownership

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
so if Turkey dose go into Iraq do you all think that Iran will help the people of Iraq and push them back out ???

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2016 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I take it, and with good reason, there are lots of new folks here.

Iraq's army has been decimated and even with US "rebuilding" is a far, far, far cry from its former self. They have no air force anymore if that says anything. Iraq cannot even retake the current battle for Mosul (one city) from ISIS by itself.

Turkey will invade Iraq to compliment its invasion of Syria with Russian and Shiite Iranian suuport. US is about to be on the outside looking in as Russia/Turkey/Iran run the both the Syrian and Iraqi operations.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
They have had about 25 tanks inside of Iraq outside of Mosul for months now. I guess Iraq has had enough and said no more to reinforcements??

top topics

join