It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking The Dangerous "If You Have Nothing To Hide, You Have Nothing To Fear"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Ostensiibly...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Replying twice, the article you linked surmises the data gathered and the cost is enormous but not much is coming from it. Not for international terrorism, there hasn't been enough terrorism in this country to justify all that surveillance. They;re just being disingenuous about the real purpose of these "data" centers. To watch the American Public. To record every thing they type and store it. You saw how big the facility at Ogden is. Thats a lot of data, and they keep adding memory banks to it.

They are as quiet about that as they are about all the cameras appearing on every telephone and traffic light pole in the cities. What are they doing with all that surveillance data. Tracking us storing information about our movements through our daily routines. Facial recognition software, purchase habits, at home, work, the store and on the road...

all being tracked and stored to create an ongoing file on everyone. I caught some snapshots of some camera storage information from a thread, I'll try and find it.

Bingo, heres my post in the thread, the video is at the top of the page in the OP. Worth checking out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thanks, I'll check it out.

It all stinks of Minority Report and/or Enemy Of the State.
edit on 2-11-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I prefer 1984. Or Gulag Archipelago. If you like movies, Roller Ball (the original)l, THX 1138, Brazil, Metropolis.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Wow, that was revealing. "Ever changing" rights? "Case by case" basis? According to the Supreme court if you don't know or care about your rights you don't have any.

I know , you have to Constantly Fight for Your Rights now it Seems......

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

With sweeping bills like the patriot, what can you do? I guess do you best to elect the best reps you can.

I know , you have to Constantly Fight for Your Rights now it Seems......

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join