It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

The GOPs Age of Authoritarianism Has Only Begun - New York Magazine

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: burgerbuddy

What's an example of what you're talking about?

What "radical ideology" have Democrats moved into? Their platform?

Be specific ... what are you talking about?

PC culture for one.

Equal out come.

Fair share.

Rape culture.

Equivalency.

Identity.

-isms

-phobics

-ists

and more.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Right right brown-eyes.

Sell that crap to someone else.

I withdraw the question; I should know better than to bother with worshippers.

So you are anti-christian too?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: butcherguy
This is another in the stories that we are seeing come out as an act of desperation by the Hillary camp.

The Shark I've chosen, swims in the direction I want to go.

If Hillary drops out, I will vote for someone other than Trump.

They are still pushing the Kremlin story... the NYT debunked it.... but Hillary's crew is still pushing it.
It is sad and desperate.

You choose when and when not to believe the NYT's?

Have American politicians (other) tried to influence foreign elections? Try that logic.

More like you do. You praise it until it says something you prefer not to believe seems to have been the point.

I said what?

I praised what?

edit on 1-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The "radical ideology" of fair share? Equal outcome?

Equivalency? Identity? (Are you saying you don't have one???)

Sorry, i'm not up on the secret cant of the Republican Guild ... could we have that in English?

And ... apparently suffixes are radical as well?

Wow.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Right right brown-eyes.

Sell that crap to someone else.

I withdraw the question; I should know better than to bother with worshippers.

So you are anti-christian too?

Beside the point.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
From the corruption in DC to the protests/riots all the way down to people right here.. people. Some folks behavior and inability to be civilized or understand the meaning of "freedom" isnt doing and saying whatever comes to your addled mind. There are so many reasons that perhaps in a very close chapter of the history of our country we need a dictator/authoritarian to get some of you and them under control... or burn the chaff. Im a "real" centrist.. and I like neither candidate, though Im voting for Trump for obvious reasons, but some of you astonish me... particularly when I wonder why the hell you are even on this board since your views are SOOOOO skewed and you speak in talking points. How about you look a little further than your nose and look into the future..

No, sorry... neither of these candidates are authoritarian, except Hillary in her fantasies. Trump reminds me of the old school Democrat and Hillary is definitely an alt right (snazzy new BS term) neocon. I do believe some of you have lost your minds! Trump should be elected to burn the established day to day BS that our government is engaged in. He has some good ideas, but his purpose is chaos IMO. After that, we would be in a position to find a third or 4th or 5th party among US... we the people. Establishment politicians can kiss my ass.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
There are so many reasons that perhaps in a very close chapter of the history of our country we need a dictator/authoritarian to get some of you and them under control... or burn the chaff. Im a "real" centrist.. and I like neither candidate, though Im voting for Trump for obvious reasons, but some of you astonish me... particularly when I wonder why the hell you are even on this board since your views are SOOOOO skewed and you speak in talking points.

Thank you.

Like I said, you guys make all this worthwhile.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

There are so many reasons that perhaps in a very close chapter of the history of our country we need a dictator/authoritarian to get some of you and them under control... or burn the chaff. Im a "real" centrist.. and I like neither candidate, though Im voting for Trump for obvious reasons, but some of you astonish me... particularly when I wonder why the hell you are even on this board since your views are SOOOOO skewed and you speak in talking points.

Thank you.

Funny that YOU would assume this was written to you... do you really think you are that special? You arent. Ive NEVER seen teh level of pure hubris out of anyone like I have this election cycle. On both sides. I find it VERY telling you jumped on this post to reply to as if I was speaking directly to you. Its very telling, Gryphon66.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Thank you.

Funny that YOU would assume this was written to you... do you really think you are that special? You arent. Ive NEVER seen teh level of pure hubris out of anyone like I have this election cycle. On both sides. I find it VERY telling you jumped on this post to reply to as if I was speaking directly to you. Its very telling, Gryphon66.

I know reality is challenging sometimes, but I didn't say anything about it being written TO ME.

You've posted clear evidence of what I'm talking about in the OP. Freely and honestly of your own will.

That makes it a certain rare kind of delicious for me.

Yes, yes ... it's all "very telling" ... I used capital letters to start my sentences ... "very telling."

You blundered in here and posted EXACTLY what I'm talking about in the OP ... and you don't even know it ... LOL.

"Very telling."

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Thank you.

I know reality is challenging sometimes, but I didn't say anything about it being written TO ME.

You've posted clear evidence of what I'm talking about in the OP. Freely and honestly of your own will.

Yes, yes ... it's all "very telling" ... I used capital letters to start my sentences ... "very telling."

You blundered in here and posted EXACTLY what I'm talking about in the OP ... and you don't even know it ... LOL.

"Very telling."

Delicious is seeing you get hung up on "very telling" and in your fit of hysteria type that 3 times. Kind of redundant... but very telling.
I dont lie. I freely and very honestly want to see you and your kind burn... figuratively or literally, so newly planted seeds have a chance to grow. Then in the future this country will be viable on a global scale. Until then, its a disgrace in the world theatre.. with your kind defecating in the pool. Since your kind thinks its your kinds right to crap everywhere and refuse to restrain yourselves, someone bigger and stronger has to insert the cork. Some of you ( rioters, for example) BEG for correction.
Very telling

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

There are so many reasons that perhaps in a very close chapter of the history of our country we need a dictator/authoritarian to get some of you and them under control... or burn the chaff.

I'm a "real" centrist.. and I like neither candidate, though I'm voting for Trump for obvious reasons, . . . .

Can you please clarify those reasons that are not obvious to me why Trump?

And BTW - - I don't necessarily disagree on the dictator/authoritarian at this time.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Thank you.

"Very telling."

Delicious is seeing you get hung up on "very telling" and in your fit of hysteria type that 3 times. Kind of redundant... but very telling.
I dont lie. I freely and very honestly want to see you and your kind burn... figuratively or literally, so newly planted seeds have a chance to grow. Then in the future this country will be viable on a global scale. Until then, its a disgrace in the world theatre.. with your kind defecating in the pool. Since your kind thinks its your kinds right to crap everywhere and refuse to restrain yourselves, someone bigger and stronger has to insert the cork. Some of you ( rioters, for example) BEG for correction.
Very telling

Fit of hysteria? Oh ... this is too good.

Yeah dude I'm hysterical. Know why?

Laughing at you. Hysterically.

You want to see me and "my kind" burn? Oh I bet you do ... gets you all hot just thinking about it, doesn't it?

~~~~~~~~
Bravo sir. I couldn't have asked for better posts if I had made them myself. You're precious beyond all words.

edit on 1-11-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The GOPs Age of Authoritarianism Has Only Begun , while Obama's is going on 8 Years of it Right Now ....

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The GOPs Age of Authoritarianism Has Only Begun , while Obama's is going on 8 Years of it Right Now ....

Weak sauce.

Stick with the good stuff you had going earlier! Tell me how Trump is going to clean up all the nastiness ...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Ahhhhh, so I'm not the only one that got lost in all that verbiage.

I was trying to take it seriously, until . . . .

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There are so many reasons that perhaps in a very close chapter of the history of our country we need a dictator/authoritarian to get some of you and them under control... or burn the chaff.

I'm a "real" centrist.. and I like neither candidate, though I'm voting for Trump for obvious reasons, . . . .

Can you please clarify those reasons that are not obvious to me why Trump?

And BTW - - I don't necessarily disagree on the dictator/authoritarian at this time.

Sure.

I put it in the first post, but because I want to see it all burn and everyone exposed in the chaos. These people have been raping this country, its people... and literally others.. for way too long. Trump is chaos.. he has a lot of the beliefs of the old Democrats.. and was only running Republican for the base votes. IMO.. that (R). HE is NOT a neocon or a democrat, nor a conservative, nor a liberal... he sure as hell isnt establishment up to his neck in the pure evil the rest have been for decades. Even if he accomplishes only ONE thing I will be astonished and happy : term limits. Republicans nor democrats like Trump... I definitely do. He has the potential to be a firecracker in a fire ant hill. He is useful. I certainly wouldnt invite him to dinner or to babysit my children/grandchildren.. so I dont really care what he is. Just what he can do.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Im not replying to that nonsense.
Im not a dude and why in the world would I give one damn about what you think or feel?? Dont answer that. Id love it if you just ignored me.. you type scattered and .. well... hysterical.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
The title of this thread is : The GOPs Age of Authoritarianism Has Only Begun

Rhetorical question... why would I please Gryphon so greatly.. when Ive stated numerous times Im NOT republican and abhor the GOP? I would think he knew the title of the thread.. I guess not. I sure hope he is still a happy little camper.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Im not replying to that nonsense.
Im not a dude and why in the world would I give one damn about what you think or feel?? Dont answer that. Id love it if you just ignored me.. you type scattered and .. well... hysterical.

You did just reply to that "nonsense."

Oh, I don't think you care about the feelings of many folks, if any at all. They're just substandard trash after all, right?

I take you at your word; you're providing a stone cold example of the discussion here.

Perhaps it would be easier to ignore you if you stopped talking to me? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

The title of this thread is : The GOPs Age of Authoritarianism Has Only Begun

Rhetorical question... why would I please Gryphon so greatly.. when Ive stated numerous times Im NOT republican and abhor the GOP? I would think he knew the title of the thread.. I guess not. I sure hope he is still a happy little camper.

Oh, but you have pleased me immensely! I can't even tell you how much.

See, if you'd actually read much more than the title, you'd know that the argument that it is folks like you that are the vanguard of what the Republicans are BECOMING.

Good old-school authoritarians. Spare the rod and spoil the child types. Law and order, as long as it's the right kind of folks making the laws and dispensing the right kind of order ...

No, like I said. Folks like you are transforming this discussion into more than it could have ever been without you ...

... you're primary sources!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join