It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Chris Matthews: 'Why isn't [Trump] running for president?'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You can see it as a case for Trump, if you're so inclined, but that wasn't what he was saying.

I say this not because I want Trump to win, but because I can't stand politics being practiced so pathetically.

edit on 1-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: windword

Semantics.

He made a case to vote for Trump.

He is giving campaign advice to Trump on how he should be approaching his campaign and win. Debate prep 101 is to find the strongest argument on any issue pro and con. he is exercising that. doesn't mean he believes it.
And who cares if he believes it really. Chris is a blowhard who talks over every single person he has ever interviewed since the dawn of time. I dont get why he is soo loved by the liberals. Although she is way too "pro"gressive for my comfort level, Maddow is a far more mentally sound liberal mouthpiece than Chris

Oh, ok...I didn't just hear Chris Matthews tell voters if they are sick of war, the loss of manufacturing jobs, the status quo, etc...then people should vote for Trump.

It was all just a message to Trump on how to run his campaign.

Got it now. Thx.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

"I say this not because I want Trump to win, but because I can't stand politics being practiced so pathetically."

Great he's not motivated by the fact that he wants Trump to win. He's leaving his desire for Trump to win out of his stated motivation.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't want him to win.

I remember how much he hated Hillary, in 2008.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

He was partial to Obama.
He hates Donald trump and hes is a democrat.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

And Chris did not endorse Trump.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I say this not because I want Trump to win, but because I can't stand politics being practiced so pathetically.

Chris Matthews is saying that he can't stand Trump politics, and that he is practicing those politics pathetically! How much more pathetic would his presidency be?

The stupid is hurting my brain!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

He's a diehard democrat that secretly supports Trump, but won't say it outright. There's lots of them.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I still think Matthew's ideas are worthy of a thread. Why isn't Trump acting like he's running for president? It seems to me more like he's acting like a talk show host. Matthews is urging Trump to be a more professional candidate. It's too bad that that wouldn't matter now. It's kind of water under the bridge
If Trump was saying and doing the same old same old then the voters would know he is just one of the regular puppets .

I am sure he is in a golden spot because he is the other option to Hillary and with the Email leaks people are going to choose something else .Trump just happens to be the something else that can and probably will win . We experienced a similar thing in Canada in the last election where it was "anyone but Harper " The center and the left would normally be devided and give the Conservatives a minority Govt but having gotten past the poll in the last election the people opposed to Harper decided to vote liberal ans so the NDP lost votes ,the conservatives lost votes and they all went to the liberals .

Now in the states its ABC (anyone but Clinton) All the media has shut out the alternatives and the voters (majority) is left with Hillary and Trump from which to decide .

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No he said what trump needs to do to win. He outlined what trump should be saying instead of what he is saying.
He is in no way endorsing trump. Basically he said if trump wasn't so inflammatory and vindictive and negative and preoccupied with attacking Clinton he could have won.
But Trump didn't say those things and he was completely unfocused on what his campaign should have been doing and too pig headed to take advice from anyone about what his campaign should have been doing and that's why he's losing.

That's what Chris was saying.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
And it's true he's no fan of Clinton but he's not backing trump.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I appreciate your concern but...

I ran a successful business for years ( and unlike someone I've never filed bankruptcy.) I had to make lots of decisions and be pretty on the ball to do that.
I'm not really worried about an mk ultra mindset via the tv.

But thanks.
edit on 1112016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I'm glad he mentions the fat-cat hotel, which is rarely talked about. They had "sleep-overs" at the white house, selling the Lincoln bedroom to the highest bidders, and all on the public's dime.

Not to mention Bill's treatment of the Oval office as a sex-parlour, once again at the public's expense.
edit on 1-11-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

But as we all know...
Trump doesn't take advice so...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

He may not like Hillary but he loves his country.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Riiiiiight....

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The emails aren't having any affect on voters anymore.

They're part of the continued dialog and people have already accepted the package.

The FBI findings in July pretty much put it to bed.
No one is too concerned about them looking at some more.
They expect the outcome to remain the same.
edit on 1112016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Thank you for telling me precisely what to think.

But Donald has a long history as a Democrat and Chris Matthews has a long history hating Hillary. I know what I heard Chris Matthew's say in the OP.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It would be my guess that every man who occupied that office had sex in it.

Just my experience with men tells me that.

Come on ...say you wouldn't...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You think what you want babe. I'm not telling you to do anything.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He may not like Hillary but he loves his country.

That's funny, because Chris Matthews seemed to tell voters if they like a string of wars, the loss of manufacturing jobs, the status quo, unchecked illegal immigration, etc...then people should vote for Hillary. If they don't, then vote for Trump.

That's an odd way to say he loves his country so vote for Hillary.

Cognitive dissonance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join