It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Chris Matthews: 'Why isn't [Trump] running for president?'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

CHRIS MATTHEWS: Whatever you think of Donald Trump, I mean, whatever you think of Donald Trump, you have to wonder, why isn't he doing it? Why isn't he running for president? Why isn't he spending every hour asking the voters again and again do you like way things are? The way they've been headed in this country? Do you like the continued destruction of our manufacturing base, and the jobs that went with it?

Do you like the uncontrolled illegal immigration? Do you like the string of stupid wars from Iraq to Libya to Syria? if you want to say yes to all of that, if you want to keep all this way it is, vote for Hillary Clinton. If you don't like the way things have been headed, you have have a chance to really shake the system to its roots. And if you wake up the day after the election, and if it is the same as it is today. If it's the same four, five, or eight years from now, remember you had the chance to change it but you were too dainty to do it.
SOURCE

There are video clips going around that take some of the statements above out of context and make it sound like Matthews was urging his viewers to vote for Trump. That's obviously not the case.

Here's a video clip which was taken out of context:

www.youtube.com...

I still think Matthew's ideas are worthy of a thread. Why isn't Trump acting like he's running for president? It seems to me more like he's acting like a talk show host.

Matthews is urging Trump to be a more professional candidate. It's too bad that that wouldn't matter now. It's kind of water under the bridge.
edit on 1-11-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
in no way is this sarcastic, but right now, I have a shocked expression on my face. Shocked.
three words:

un #ing believable.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
in no way is this sarcastic, but right now, I have a shocked expression on my face. Shocked.
three words:

un #ing believable.

Why did it take reasonable Democrats this long?

I left the party when I saw them pushing HRC towards a nomination in the Primaries.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I would have to see the whole thing. He said it but it appears it was out of context. Even still, just saying it rather shocking. He has been a staunch supporter of the Clintons for a long long time from my understanding. Close to that Walter Cronkite moment where he attacked the Vietnam war. He was the "voice of America" then. Mathews is not the voice of America but he is a big voice for one side of the table.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Chris Matthews never urges anyone to vote for Trump in that video. Your headline contains a lie! You should either fix it, or this thread should go to the LOL or HOAX bin.

What's the date of release on that clip. I'm willing to bet dollars donuts that it's before the primaries, when Bernie Sanders was still in the race.

ETA: Thank you for pulling those lying videos from your OP and changing the title to reflect a more decent conversation.

ETA: Oh you put the out of context video back in!
edit on 1-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I don't think he came right out and said that he endorses Donald Trump. Remember, this is the same guy that experienced a "trickle down his leg" over Obama. He's pretty diehard.

But, maybe he has changed his opinion after experiencing where Obama has taken our country and where Hillary is most likely to take it also.

According to RealClearPolitics, Matthews was asking why Donald Trump doesn't use this argument more:

Chris Matthews: Trump Should Argue If You Don't Like The Way Things Are Headed Then Vote For Me

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I would say that I am shocked, but this election cycle has been so crazy that nothing is shocking anymore.

I must admit that I would not have predicted this happening if you asked me about it last Thursday.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Chris Matthews never urges anyone to vote for Trump in that video. Your headline contains a lie! You should either fix it, or this thread should go to the LOL or HOAX bin.

What's the date of release on that clip. I'm willing to bet dollars donuts that it's before the primaries, when Bernie Sanders was still in the race.

Of course he won't directly say it. But, he definitely hit all the bullet points for the Trump campaign in that segment mentioning industrial jobs and the track of insensible wars..

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you watch Chris on a regular basis you know this was complete sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Trump has been running hard lately. He's been dropping truth at his rallies and he almost sounds like a David Wilicock.
edit on 1-11-2016 by flyingdutchman2112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LifeMode
I would have to see the whole thing. He said it but it appears it was out of context. Even still, just saying it rather shocking. He has been a staunch supporter of the Clintons for a long long time from my understanding. Close to that Walter Cronkite moment where he attacked the Vietnam war. He was the "voice of America" then. Mathews is not the voice of America but he is a big voice for one side of the table.

Apparently you guys don't remember how much Chris Matthews hated Hillary, in 2008, and got the thrills up his leg from Obama.

Chris Matthews on Hillary, in 2008:
"Let's not forget—and I'll be brutal—the reason she's a U.S. senator, the reason she's a candidate for president, the reason she may be a front-runner is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win there on her merit."

He never liked Hillary.

Needless to say, his endorsement of Trump does not surprise me.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

edit on 11/1/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Needless to say, his endorsement of Trump does not surprise me.

He didn't "endorse Trump"!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No it was last week but it is completely out of context.

I saw it .
I'm a regular viewer of MSNBC during prime time.
Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell , Brian Williams.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Semantics.

He made a case to vote for Trump.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yeah, you can quote mine anything to make it sound like whatever you want. just snip out context and voila.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

He didn't endorse Trump! It was political commentary that asked questions about Trumps presentation and strategy.

This is what the OP doesn't want you read, that Matthews went on to say after the video cut:

He seems to devote everyday day after day to fighting fights that make people forget the reasons he started running for president, reasons that continue to carry the shrinking chance he has to win this thing. I say this not because I want Trump to win, but because I can't stand politics being practiced so pathetically.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Semantics.

He made a case to vote for Trump.

He is giving campaign advice to Trump on how he should be approaching his campaign and win. Debate prep 101 is to find the strongest argument on any issue pro and con. he is exercising that. doesn't mean he believes it.
And who cares if he believes it really. Chris is a blowhard who talks over every single person he has ever interviewed since the dawn of time. I dont get why he is soo loved by the liberals. Although she is way too "pro"gressive for my comfort level, Maddow is a far more mentally sound liberal mouthpiece than Chris

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No it was last week but it is completely out of context.

I saw it .
I'm a regular viewer of MSNBC during prime time.
Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell , Brian Williams.

Remember, they call it programming, because it is a very accurate word. Remember when you are watching the 5 hour block of them programming you, it is a carefully constructed narrative you are being lead down, not a objective view of events (same with Fox)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yeah, that does not undo the case he made to vote for Trump.

i would hope everyone could be critical to both campaigns even if they prefer one.

Is there a missing portion that lays out the case to vote for Hillary? If so, i'll revise my statement to call him a flip-flopping hypocrite. He hated Hillary in 2008.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join