It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My thoughts on this election (2016) Who will win and why.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I have been watching and listening to presidential elections since Nixon back in 1968. While each cycle has it's unique points of interest, inevitably someone walks away with the prize. It usually starts at the last two weeks of the race and then the victor emerges. The only exception I ever saw to this was the Bush/Gore race where it was decided on 538 votes. But I think that was mostly because they prematurely called the race for Gore before the Florida polls closed in the Florida panhandle. But that being said the last two weeks are the make it or break it period. It's where minds get made up or changed and made up.

There are other areas of interest to note. One is the media reporting verses staying power and each candidate's popularity and negatives in social media. In the last election of 2012, and also 2008, what occurred on every possible social media outlet was nothing short of Obama love. Negative posts were often taken down by the various hosts of website forums, and an over abundance of praise was usually seen by the people commenting on those sites towards Obama. Huge enormous rallies were enjoyed by Obama where lesser amounts attended the Romney or McCain rallies. It was truly a love fest of major proportions for Obama who won both times.

My observation this year is not based on who I want to win (though I want Trump to win) but more so on what I see and hear. I was disappointed the last two elections so I didn't want to look into the car lights like a deer in the road again. So this year based on everything I can reasonably say is sure, I have to say that Mr. Trump will win this election. This is based on positive social media hits, increased negative hits on Hillary, increased news media resistance, trending polls, and scandals.

I believe in the end independents will break heavily for Donald Trump. More disaffected Blacks and Latinos will side with Trump. And women who are more concerned with safety and economics will also break for Trump. Added to this will be what some call the monster vote. The monster vote are people who are either first time voters, party crossovers, or those who have not voted in the last two or three elections. It will be these things that send Trump over the top to a victory. The one last thing is the enthusiasm factor which is red hot for Trump who can fill up football stadiums full of people and the Hillary rallies with two or three hundred people.

The result I believe will be a 54% Trump 46% Hillary election result on the popular vote. In the electoral college, the win will come by Trump keeping his swing states and stealing one or two from Clinton. I think Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, will go to Trump.

So these are my observations at this time and my predictions based on them. I didn't list the FBI issues because we don't know if anything will come of it yet. Please comment and add your thoughts on this thread. Let it not be a hate filled thread but instead give some opinions on some of the things you might base your belief on who you who might win this Presidential election, Hillary or Trump and why. List some reasons if you can.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If she does lose she did it to herself this time. Not even sure why she did it to be honest. They could have done extremely well by taking donations from respectable partners and keeping the SD and Foundation affairs completely separate. She would be winning right now easily.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I think you are only partially right. I predict a Trump victory (not quite 1980 but definitive) but a Clinton victory in the Electoral College. I firmly believe that we will see several faithless electors which break from their state's popular victor (Trump) to vote Clinton, either because of ideological reasons or because of bribery.

Even though the Illuminati have to be shaking their heads in disgust over how badly HRC has botched their plan to continue the march towards globalism, they have too much invested to trust the direction of the country to an unstable element (as in unable to be controlled, not crazy) such as Donald Trump who is almost guaranteed to upset a lot of apple carts.

If Trump wins it will need to be an overwhelming landslide, surpassing Reagan's victory in 1980 to overcome potential fraud. 5-6% is not going to do it.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Whatever happens more people are going to vote this time it appears than ever before which is a beautiful thing. Nothing is ever going to change unless more people get engaged and start attempting to understand issues and problems the people are facing. Not just people in their own corner but issues that are effecting everyone. I get where poor people are coming from for example, use to be a poor student but those people need to understand that the middle and upper middle are also suffering...high taxes and healthcare. They can't enjoy the labors of their work having to carry a much heavier load than than anyone else. What is the point in getting ahead when you get to keep very little of it. It's not fair and creates class warfare. It also hurts the poor because they have less motivation to get ahead.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I hope they both quit and We all get our $$$ back...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

Seems this AI program agrees with you.. and uses virtually the same measurements that you did.

Trump will win the election and is more popular than Obama in 2008, AI system finds

MogIA was developed by Sanjiv Rai, founder of Indian start-up Genic.ai. It takes in 20 million data points from public platforms including Google, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the U.S. and then analyzes the information to create predictions.

The AI system was created in 2004, so it has been getting smarter all the time. It had already correctly predicted the results of the Democratic and Republican Primaries.

Data such as engagement with tweets or Facebook Live videos have been taken into account. The result is that Trump has overtaken the engagement numbers of Barack Obama's peak in 2008 — the year he was elected president — by 25 percent.

I find it refreshing that so many people aren't caught up in the MSM's shroud... man I love the interwebz!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I see this race as a coin flip at this point. 50-50.

Unfortunately I have only been a registered member of this site for about a year and a half, so I have no way to verify what I'm about to write.... but.... I have no confidence in the integrity of our election process. That is not just for this election. I have thought this way for the past 15-or-so years.

As it pertains to your general question.... I sincerely believe that Trump would win the election (popular and electoral) if it weren't for massive, MASSIVE vote tampering/voter fraud. With things as I perceive them to be, I suspect Hillary will likely squeak by with a victory electorally.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I also believe that Trump is going to win, largely for the same reasons. I firmly believe that the only reason she has a chance of winning this election is because Trump is her opponent and has his own set of problems. The scandals are doing more damage to her than they are Trump, many of her policies are divisive and unpopular, there's generalized Clinton/Obama fatigue among the public, and Hillary herself has never been well-liked by the public. Mix it all together and you have a major enthusiasm gap for Hillary that's persisted throughout the campaign. I expect that she's going to underperform Obama's 2012 vote total by as much as 10%, which means she may have trouble breaking 60 million votes nationwide as a final number when all the votes are counted.

In the end, it won't be a landslide, but I think the result will not be in doubt, and that Trump will win with about a 3-4% margin in the popular vote and will approach the 300 mark in EVs. The polls aren't showing it yet, but I get the sense that, as some of the TV pundits have suggested, the dam is getting ready to break after this latest FBI thing this weekend, and that, barring another Trump debacle, we're going to see a significant movement away from Hillary later this week and through the weekend.

edit on 1-11-2016 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I like your analysis. It seems feasible to me that you are right, that this is how people will vote. But my problem is, I don't trust the election process. I DO think it is feasible that the voting machines are pre-programmed to net a particular election result. In this case Hillary. Here is testimony from a computer programmer about rigged voting machines in Florida in 2000 where he was paid to program a 49% / 51% result:

Rigged Voting Machines Trial

P.S... What happened to the formatting link to embed a YouTube video???
edit on 11/1/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

I like your analysis. It seems feasible to me that you are right, that this is how people will vote. But my problem is, I don't trust the election process. I DO think it is feasible that the voting machines are pre-programmed to net a particular election result. In this case Hillary. Here is testimony from a computer programmer about rigged voting machines in Florida in 2000 where he was paid to program a 49% / 51% result:

Rigged Voting Machines Trial

P.S... What happened to the formatting link to embed a YouTube video???

...nothing? Unless that was a trick question...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Let's say Trump wins by the end of Nov. 8th, but the electoral college elects HRC.
Then, I'd say the first nation-wide protest should be demonstrated.

If HRC and her cronies have their clutches on the electoral college then they may be able to "steal" this election. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, although I think it would inevitably start growing more hatred towards this system. Hatred that may cause many insurrections and problems for the nation.

I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but it seems that the globalists are definitely up to something to cover for her mess. It's literally looking like a desperate attempt to throw anything that sticks to the media these days. I have a feeling they are laughing because they know they have rigged this game for centuries.

WE are just now waking up to it. Thankfully.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

I seriously don't have the "insert a YouTube video" formatting link anymore! I have "image" "list" "comment" etc... all the others. Weird.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Because some of you have brought up the possibility of voter machine fraud, and I do agree it could have been a problem. As soon as the democrat party started to cry foul on the machines, some of the States like Ohio decided to employ special national Gard people to the task of monitoring and looking for possible flaws. Other States are doing other ways. In all, this election will be very scrutinized by a lot of people, so I think that threat is low now. There will still be fraud, but if a State is close in the voting and somebody calls for a recount, they will then uncover the fraud by looking at voter rolls. But the risk will be low.

For us, I think we need to make sure that we all vote.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It has been Calculated that If Mr. Trump Wins All the States Romney Carried in 2012 , and Wins Florida , North Carolina , and Pennsylvania( Somehow ) , he will get to 270 Electoral Votes and be the Next President . The Popular Vote would be Nice , but it does Not Elect a President .

new topics

top topics

join