It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Was The GOP Lying Pre-Trump or Now???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Trumps rise has has shocked America..for me
The crazy part about trump is the hypocracy of the GOP.

They have been telling anyone who would listen for decades that doing the things trump is proposing would "destroy America!"
(Min wage hike, taxing imports, transgender bathrooms, abortion, single payer,maternity leave,exc)

Literally half of Trumps positions are far more left wing than the most right wing democrat ever (HRC).

Now they are all backing those positions..so who was lying???

The GOP pre trump? Or trump and the GOP now??

Was free trade always a bad idea???

Was raising min wage never going to hurt the economy??

Does anyone really think Trump goes to bat for abortion or against gay marriage??

It is a really interesting dynamic that is prob way better for Each side of the opposition wins lol..

Thoughts??
edit on 1-11-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
For starters, your post is coming off as sounding like all of the GOP abandoned him.
Not so, only a few did, which showed their true colors.
The people are who we need to pay attention to and the people is the correct course of action to focus on.
Here is trump, fighting and focusing on the people an the election, WITH republican "turncoats". He would even call them out, to the applause of the people.
Trump has had some good support that never waned and stuck it out to the end.
Perfect example is this crowd at Ryans rally earlier this october.

Work cited:
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
For starters, your post is coming off as sounding like all of the GOP abandoned him.
The people are who we need to pay attention to and the people is the correct course of action to focus on.
Here is trump, fighting and focusing on the people an the election, WITH republican "turncoats". He would even call them out, to the applause of the people.

Work cited:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Work cited:

Made no comment on what percent were with or against him..

Only on the dramatically different political ideologies and policy positions..

I would say that the ones who have abandoned him are staying consistent..not pretending like all the sudden they think free trade and maternity leave is a good thing.

The majority is with him and all of them have totally swapped belief systems when it comes to economic policy..

Trump has said repeatedly he is cutting taxes, without cutting anything..

Which is the antithesis of decades old republican policy.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Work cited:

Yea not meaning to sound mean but your post misunderstood the OP I think.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox
Trump scares the hell out of the establishment. It's that simple. So far he is refusing the play by the rules. Will he be the right answer? I have no idea but I know he has to be a better option than status quo.

Most of the GOP are against Trump because they are job scared. He is talking term limits, do you know what this would mean? No more career politicians!!!! Some of these people might actually have to get a job!

He scares them because right now they don't have control and that is something they don't wanna give up.

Look at where we have come from
1988 George Bush Republican
1992 Bill Clinton Democrat
1996 Bill Clinton Democrat
2000 George W. Bush Republican
2004 George W. Bush Republican
2008 Barack Obama Democrat
2012 Barack Obama Democrat

And it looked to be unfolding like:
2016 Hillary Clinton
2020 Hillary Clinton
2024 Michelle Obama (Why NOT)
**** Still have more Bushes
**** Don't forget about Chelsea

It reads like a Monarchy......to me this is reason enough to stop them!!!! When the republicans & the democrats are nervous the American people are doing something right!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
What will be interesting is how the Republican elite will treat Trump if he wins.

They have been against him all along.

If he wins, will they act as if they have won and try to take over his 'train'?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It is hard to say. Trump does not carry the traditional Repubs position- not looking like he's playing by their dynasty rules-he's more of a populist-a roughhewn roguish persona. That's appealing to many and disgusting to others.

He plays like he's not part of the establishment when he clearly is part of global group but that it's necessarily a bad thing in itself.

He's an old-fashioned, he is 70, businessman who, despite his lack of formal political experience has been successful in many areas and has alot of knowledge and knows how to surround himself with talented people.

We don't really know him. He's not one of us-he lives in a penthouse covered in gold.

As many have said-he's the un-Hillary.

edit on 1-11-2016 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you dude but surely Trump doesn't have the power to cut taxes?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I really think this will upset the fraternity that has been running the country,Trump was brought up old school,worked with tradesman etc,learned from ground up,he knows how to deal with people,he may say somethings people take wrong,but he tells the truth,tells it like it is,what we need is leadership and accountability,I think he can do this,he could make a lot more money being a developer then a president,he wants this endeveor

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Respectfully, you're not being "mean", you made an observation that was valid. I may have actually misdunderstood the OPs message.

When you see my name. Trust in that I have thick skin. Be positive in pointing out errors. I like that, if helps to improve the write style.

Thanks for the call out.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

The GOP is a political party, and is therefore lying now, and previously.

It is their job.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Trump scares the hell out of the establishment. It's that simple. So far he is refusing the play by the rules. Will he be the right answer? I have no idea but I know he has to be a better option than status quo.

Most of the GOP are against Trump because they are job scared. He is talking term limits, do you know what this would mean? No more career politicians!!!! Some of these people might actually have to get a job!

He scares them because right now they don't have control and that is something they don't wanna give up.

Look at where we have come from
1988 George Bush Republican
1992 Bill Clinton Democrat
1996 Bill Clinton Democrat
2000 George W. Bush Republican
2004 George W. Bush Republican
2008 Barack Obama Democrat
2012 Barack Obama Democrat

And it looked to be unfolding like:
2016 Hillary Clinton
2020 Hillary Clinton
2024 Michelle Obama (Why NOT)
**** Still have more Bushes
**** Don't forget about Chelsea

It reads like a Monarchy......to me this is reason enough to stop them!!!! When the republicans & the democrats are nervous the American people are doing something right!!!!

I agree but would say they are most scared about the way trump assassinated Ted Cruz...

He was the darling I've the conservatives and trump cut his head off in front of the world at the RNC, only to have him come sniveling back..

Cruz was the guy pretending to be holier than tho and trump steam rolled him.

The rest know they would be next.

Which is why ONLY trump can raise min wage or do maternity leave..

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you dude but surely Trump doesn't have the power to cut taxes?

Requires the congress as well but pres has. Veto power..so it really requires both without a 60+ seat majority to stop the veto.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

The GOP is a political party, and is therefore lying now, and previously.

It is their job.

I will say by any measure the hypocracy of those saying (for example) "free trade is ruining America!!" Now . When for the last 30 YEARS they have been pushing free markets.is very over the top...

Except guns and the wall trumps every plan is far to the left of hillary..

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Conservatives/Republicans are voting for change and shaking up the establishment.

Democrats are voting for the same old corruption and hypocrisy that got us where we are at.

Congratulations Dems!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I agree but would say they are most scared about the way trump assassinated Ted Cruz...

I agree! But I think it is because they are learning that the people are taking the power back and that scares the # out of them! I don't think they ever thought it would happen. They were the "untouchables". As long as you were "establishment" you were safe....this is no longer the case. That is the one thing that this election has brought us. It has "pulled back the veil" so to speak.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

I agree! But I think it is because they are learning that the people are taking the power back and that scares the # out of them! I don't think they ever thought it would happen. They were the "untouchables". As long as you were "establishment" you were safe....this is no longer the case. That is the one thing that this election has brought us. It has "pulled back the veil" so to speak.

I think trump has turned their own conspiracies against them.

First they convinced their base that there was "a vast conspiracy where all the media,scientists, unions teachers, universities, exc, are all trying to make republicans look bad.. they all know conservatism is the most efficient option, but for some reason they are all lying for the democrats.."

Then their base watches them and Fox News types throw out fake scandal , after fake scandal. Only to have a GOP led congressional committee find no wrong doing...

All trump had to do was turn it around , then point at them and say "and they are in on it!"

No one ever questions the whole vast conspiracy they started with in the first place...

new topics

top topics

join