It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I at last figured out a way to make an income

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
So as you know I was having a problem getting an income going.

Well I found a way. I bought a used carpet cleaning machine. then began placing ads. I got some calls and made appointments. And so I've already made some money doing this. The only draw back is that it's way harder physcially than I thought. So i'm not sure if I'll keep doing it for very long. But it's easy money so to speak. So I'm quite pleased. It's a start at least. not sure I'll do it forever but we'll see I guess.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mosquitoe
So as you know I was having a problem getting an income going.

Well I found a way. I bought a used carpet cleaning machine. then began placing ads. I got some calls and made appointments. And so I've already made some money doing this. The only draw back is that it's way harder physcially than I thought. So i'm not sure if I'll keep doing it for very long. But it's easy money so to speak. So I'm quite pleased. It's a start at least. not sure I'll do it forever but we'll see I guess.

Your body will adjust and you will find it easier as you do it more, eventually it will be seemingly cheating it is soo easy, so just push through and continue on.

Well done.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Get some oven cleaning kit too.

Then you're covering the two hardest things to clean.

Good on you and good luck.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mosquitoe

Good for you!

Call some property managers that specialize in small office complexes - they usually have carpet in the hallways that they need done at least every 3 to 6 months to stay current with health inspection laws. They like to have them cleaned at night or on weekends. If you are available for night/weekend work you could clean-up (pun intended.!)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Good job being proactive! The world needs more people like you.

Be sure you you get some basic insurance if you haven't already. Take it from someone who had their floor gouged by an untrained person hauling their equipment over my brand new hardwood floor. I felt really bad that they had to replace it.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Excellent news!! You'll meet lots of interesting people, and if you don't fancy this gig long-term, it could easily lead to the next.

Thank you for sharing!!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

if you dont feel that the " carpet cleaning " will be a viavle long term option for you :

start using your carpert cleaning customers as a poll pupulation - and ask them :

what other services do they need // want to sub contract // are unsatisfied with the current provider theroff

if the carpet cleaner gets your " foot in the door " - and a good business relationship - you can springboard to providing other services to the same clinents - as they already trust you and know you are providing a good carpet clean

this - they will be inclined to subcontract other services to you -

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This thread gave me some hope for some people out there. I'm extremely proud of you. How can I have pride in someone I don't know? I am not sure, but it's there.

Fantastic. I wish others could find the motivation to be as productive and independent as you are striving to be.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Good job man, Most people can't think outside of the box and find other ways to make money. Starting your own business can be rewarding and super stressful.

If you continue this business, expect to struggle for the first 3 years or so. But, after that you will be ok. My own business just ended its fourth year, and it is still a struggle, but I'm trying to stay focused on growing it. I'm super stressed, but I don't think I'd have it any other way.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

www.abovetopsecret.com...

apparently mosquito is the banned member lavatrance

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I did that years ago, it is physically hard yes. it gets steamy in summer too. Restaurants after hours pay well but you have tomget there on their days closed or aftertheycloseat 11:00 pm or something.
All the best with it.
edit on 1/11/16 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

This is an example of taking the bull by the horns.
Rather than sit and wait for oppertunity to fall in their lap, like so many do.
You went and got something to make money with.

Making money is so easy, that at times it can feel to easy.
Take for instance - basement waterproofing. One summer I made a fortune doing this.
And all I had to do was buy a good shovel to get started. I placed a few ads in kijiji and by the end of the day I had a job booked. The next day while I was starting one persons basement I got a reply to come do another persons houase. We had a flood here in the spring befor so everyone was in a panic.

I was charging $1500 a side, so on average $6000 a basement. I would ask for a $1000 deposit from the home owner, and would use that to buy the water proofing membrane, adhesive and rollers.
So I would dig out a side of the house at a time down to the footing. Clean the wall and apply the membrane and adhesive.

Fill in the hole and move on to the next side.
I was waterproofing a house every 2-3 days. And after my first week, I bought a truck and hired 2 people to dig for me. Payed them $10/hr cash at the end of the day.
I easily pocketed $60,000. that summer.

One word of advice, Keep EVERY receipt you can.
I learnt the hard way after my waterproofing business that the tax man always needs their cut.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oh you're lavatrance and bigpotato.

Why do you keep coming back the moment you're banned?

It's good and all you have a vacuum cleaner and all now (I hope you don't use it to suck up your own waste with, burns the motor out), however wouldn't it be better to concentrate on your life instead of on this obsession of ATS?
edit on 1-11-2016 by MuonToGluon because: SP

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Try to develop their production. Create your company. I can even recommend the agency that will help make your business popular. I recommend melbourne advertising agency www.tspa.com.au... I got the sense that they really want this to succeed, which was very nice to feel. They weren't just there to design. They really believe in the product and were really encouraging, which was something that was a nice added bonus. In my mind, the biggest benefits have been from the deep-dive analytics that they've created. These programs are helping us marshal our dollars to maximize good results and increase the effectiveness of our budget.
edit on 1-12-2016 by honeyskin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join