It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I made homemade hillbilly wine with a condom...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well I got back into a bit of wine making. This time I tried using the condom method. it works fine. The wine came out great. I'm trying it right now. It's a grapefruit wine. Grapefruit juice was on sale. About 3 dollar for a 2liter jug. I probably wasted about 25% of it though. So I'm down to 1.5. So that's 2 bottle of wine. So 1.5 dollars each, plus the cost of sugar and yeast. But it came out okay. It came out not too bad. Very drinkable. And only took 1 week to ferment. I wonder why men in there 40's do wine making? It's weird. This is an interesting method as he dilutes the grapejuice with half water. So if I had done that my wine would only cost .75 cents a bottle to make.

edit on 1-11-2016 by mosquitoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mosquitoe

Lavatrance again?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Why do you keep getting banned and then coming back just to make the same threads you did the last time?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I cannot confirm or deny hwat you said

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
ha ha ha not even I would drink that crap....ok probably.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Watched the video

Where does the condom come into it? or is a condom something different in your part of the world

deffo missing something here

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

condoms ?????????

the basic kit of home made fermented drinks is quite basic :

buckets with lid

demi-johns

etc etc

and availiable new or second hand at a wide variety of outlets

why do you need condoms all of a sudden ???????????????????

- i cannot watch the vid - so appologies if its obvious from the youtube content

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Why would you totally destroy an already simple winemaking process like that? A condom? Seriously?

5 Gal water jug (free - $0.99at Walmart)
5-8 lbs sugar ($2)
1 gal fruit or berries ($5)
1 pac bakers yeast ($0.25)
1 pac gelatin ($0.50)

Less than $8 for 5 gallons of 10-14%abv wine that actually looks and tastes like real wine and it's clear!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

oh crap - yup its " him "

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

if you read this " persons " other threads - and the archives of its previous accounts - you would know that they need the buckets to defacate in - so cannot use them for wine making

the difficulties of defacating into a condom are probally beyond the scope of the T&C

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I'm pretty sure that's beyond what most of us want to know, too.
Great. Now I've got that image in my head.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks ignorant _ape for the whole poop in the bucket and condom, stuck in my head for a second yuck lol.

OP if you like your poop condom wine then that's your bag, not for me, so not trying it and didn't watch the vid.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You mean you guys don't wear a condom when you make wine?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, this man makes an easy task into a hard one. I've been making home made wine for over 40 years and there is nothing complicated about it. You want to know how to make wine for 0 dollars a gallon. Easy.
All you need is a taste, by that I mean an ingredient to give the wine a taste. You're no need to buy anything, use something out of a hedgerow or forest. Virtually anything will do as long as you like the taste. Sap, flowers, fruit, grain, the list is endless.
Then you need sugar. Who said you needed to buy sugar? What's up with honey, free if you can find a bees nest.
Then you need yeast. Why buy it when you can make your own with rotting fruit.
Listen carefully, the village idiots have been making wine for centuries and they didn't have demi-johns, thermometers or all the other paraphernalia or all the other exotic ingredients either. You just have to mix it in the right way and it makes itself.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What was in the condom that you made wine out of? Do we want to know?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I found my first brew a few years ago.

I "pilfered" a few strawberrys a bit yeast and sugar off the parants, found it 7 years later. Best wine I ever had.

I don't condone stealing, but there is something very special about free wine.

OP, I'm nearly 26 and I've been brewing on and off for 10 years. It's no longer reserved for the middle-aged white man. Don't use a condom lol, no need. I've used a bowl and a cloth before. It's difficult to screw wine over in brewing, I've tried. Beers however, they can be difficult to get nice. But wine? I've used Ribena cordial once...

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Dig the avatar

You wouldn't happen to have any links, or more to share on how to make yeast from rotting fruit would you?
I'm doing some digging on the net but so far everyone mentions adding yeast to make yeast

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
OP is this you in the vid?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimjolnir

Being honest you'll find yeast on most fruit, grains and veg, any single-celled mold that becomes present around sugary/starchy environments. Those juicy strawberries or a furry apple is basically covered in yeast.

Natural yeast may take a long time to eat sugar, so breads take longer to rise and alcohol longer to ferment. Where the stuff you can buy is specialized for the job in hand. For instance, certian strains of yeast can survive in alcohol up to about 20% where other yeasts literally die off their own poop
Some strains can even complete fermentation in a matter of days. I can imagine natural yeast can take months possibly years, depends on the sugars.

If you doubt the yeasts/mould on fruit try scraping some off and put it in a mix of warm water and sugar. They will multiply and the water will slowly lose it's sweetness. If you put a balloon of the top of the vessel you can check if they are producing gas, if it is then you have yeast.

Hope this helps.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join