It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yeah...I'm thinking again.....and disgusted again.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree with your premise about the scriptures except that I usually dont bother to do so especially with non believers as they wouldnt believe it and dont want to hear it. It would be a waste of time so I dont.

Rightious judgement...I could quote the story in explanation from the olde testament concerning the noticing of the lowly ant who stores up grain etc in time of plenty. This is what I did with my generator and also eventually to purchase a new one with larger power rating. Try to get one in the stores two days before an on coming hurricane!! Not smart...you need to have one established long before events transpire. Hence the comparison to the lowly ant. To my knowlege this neighbor still hasnt gotten one. No problem to me..and I dont lecture him to get one. I have determined that this person and his family are fast lane type people..no problem with me ...I dont lecture them on it..I just choose to seperate myself from it.
I choose to seperate myself from my brother and the way he lives. I dont like drunks. I tried to give my brother and his girlfriend the benifit of the doubt but I didnt want that kind of leven around me. Not that I dont have drink occasionally. Drink is just not important to me..I have so many other things of more significance to do with my time. Drink is not that important to me that I have to be religiously devoted to alcohol as are some. I dont approve of that kind of living especially around children.
By the way Riley..on that subject..Ironically my brother went back to his girlfriends house ..they actually got electricity before we got it here as did my parents. Sometimes strange the way events work out.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
God the father says we should be drunk with the spirit, and not to hang around the drunkards. though he is your brother you should not judge him. But pray.

When we are descussing God life with others that believe us the bible to say what god wants. you might end up puting your own beliefs in first if your not using the bible.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Slymattb,

I judged my brother as being leven among the unleven. I choose based on biblical teachings not to mix leven with unleven. He preferred his alcohol addiction to helping out here and after long enough I sent him packing. I dont have to be tolerant of this consumption level.
He brought his girlfriend who has a baby. I dont appreciate him spending his moneys on beer at my house rather than taking care of her and helping out here. Time and money to go down after a hurricane and get beer..but not be of help around here...whats wrong with this picture?? I am not his doormat nor am I here to breastfeed him in his thirtys. I put up with this for too long at my expense. Sorry ...but if his girlfriend wants to tolerate this conduct she needs to do it somewhere else than here. Also she has a baby to take care of..she doesnt need two babys per se. Her buisness not mine..she just needs to do it somewhere else. I dont have much use for a woman like this either. Baby comes first ..not the beer...sorry!!!
As I said..I dont have a problem with alcohol per se..I like a occasional drink ..alcohol is just not important to me in lieu of other things. Alcohol is not my religion. I am not devoted to it. I know the spirit that lives in that bottle or can..and its not the spirit with which I choose to associate myself.
I also dont want to be surrounded by such people. I am instructed ..from such as this..seperate. Sorry Slymattb...thats the way it is and it is biblical. We cannot seperate if we do not judge. This does not make me better than other peoples..it makes me different.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You did state one thing that is quite correct...pray for him. I do pray for my brother. I pray that one He will show him the error of his ways...the unprofitability of that kind of life and change his path.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I know how you feel. I( have only 3 to 4 family members who are all not trying to walk with God dayly. Because every one has a free will. its there choice to come to God. Thats scares me because mosst of my family are strippers and are in sin alot. I wait for the day that they might say to me. " are you saying your prayers. I think I might cry if they did. And i dont cry.

Sometimes we have to realize it God choice what happens. If he wants to save them. It God choice and not ours. If God does not. It saddens me greatly, but let it be his will, and not my own.

[edit on 24-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 24 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb

Sometimes we have to realize it God choice what happens. If he wants to save them. It God choice and not ours. If God does not. It saddens me greatly, but let it be his will, and not my own.

I believe that God wants to save everyone.

You have indicated that a person won't be saved unless God wants them to be saved. It is the persons on free will where the choice is. A person either, by free will, accepts God's grace and is saved, or rejects God's grace by their own free will choice.

On the argument about Jesus and tolorence....I don't believe Jesus showed much tolerance to the money changers in the temple.

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
you really need to think this statement through:

You posted:
"A person either, by free will, accepts God's grace and is saved, or rejects God's grace by their own free will choice. "

A believer is accepted in the blood...elected...chosen. We are a chosen people..not a choosing people. We are elected by God ..not electing God.
A believer is accepted...or another way is made acceptable. We dont accept, choose. or elect. We are chosen , accepted and elected..but God does this for his purposes..not ours.

You have it exactly backwards from what is indicated in the Word.

Chosen people dont choose they are chosen.
Elect people dont elect they are elected.
Accepted people dont accept. They are accepted in the blood. Made acceptable by God. Not according to thier will but by the will of Him who calleth. Them..."He" called. Notice ...He called...not we called.

If we accept or reject..what difference does it make what or how the sacrafice was made on the cross..it is not a finished work if we have to finish it by accepting or rejecting. This makes us god...us the deciders and soverign in all of these dealings.

But the word says it is a "finished work" meaning not up to us.!! Haleluah. Praise God...its not up to us. If it were up to us...we would be in worse shape than we are now...and we are in horrible shape.

Read what I posted here..think it through .it fits perfectly. This is what George Whitfield learned ..long before John Wesley caught on. God is soverign and we are subject.
Standard bible seminary and bible college dogma is that we choose and God is not soverign ..we are soverign...exactly backwards from what the Word teachs.
What I am telling you is called Soverign Grace..not subjected grace.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 25 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have pretty much the same thing here Slymattb. Many of my family and friends are in the fast food lane...going round in circles per se.
I used to be like that too..that is how I know about the "fast food lane"
High speed ...low drag.
Somewhere along the road..things changed for me. Not by my choice..not by my will I can assure you. If it was my will I would still be running in the fast food lane and glorying in it. Not anymore Slymattb. I pray for them. If God wants them it will be in His time and for His reasons.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Lol both of you are right to a point. As because we all have free will, we can all have our on free will to believe in God. BUT IT IS GOD'S POWER to forgive who comes to him. Some people are chosen from birth (like jesus) to do god's Work. So they have a spirit from birth with them. But just like Jesus had to be baptise and was change. so shall they who are chosen from birth.

some do not have the sela of God yet, but God says open his eyes, and see if he walks with me. PEOPLE HAVE TO WALK THROUGH GOD'S DOOR.
Some wont be change until they decide to walk through the door on there own.(or so they think) People dont understand God is in control and is playing a war game with the devil, some god wins for eternal life. some fall on the devil side to eternal punishment.

one way or other, some are saved by God's power by proving by life experience, some are saved because they look(they knock on the door) for God and God answers. Some are saved from birth to do God's work and will. But anyway anybody can be saved if they try to talk with God(have a personal relationship with God)

But some will not be saved beause they would not open or knock on the door. there name is not written in the book of life. And this is what scares me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join