It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 posts after my post, same news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not too new, but today I posted a story in Above Politics, and a couple hours later there ended up being 3 more post covering the same news. What am I to do when this occurs?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Bottom Line Up Front: Let the mods handle it.

There's some rule making it fair to post a news story about an article even though you've already got an identical topic in a conspiracy forum.

My general rule-of-thumb: I don't say anything about it ... especially if the follow-up thread is better than my own (which actually belongs to TAN).

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Same thing happens when you turn on the TV.
All the news channels sharing the exact same story.

I think there may be a form to fill out when something like this happens, I don't know.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
usually if in the same forum they kill the newest thread/s.
but in a different forum they may let it run.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Thanks, I never had that happen before, but it takes up space and was already covered. There were 4 copies of the same story on the flagged section. Seems like there should be a "bus driver" to kinda clean up the congested duplicate posts.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Any time you feel that there might be duplicate threads, please use the alert function to alert staff to the duplicate threads. However alerting doesn't automatically imply that the staff will conclude the threads to be duplicates. There are situations where the same news story can be discussed in more than one forum, for example, or where two threads are based on the same source but cover it from different discussion perspectives, resulting in very different conversations.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thank you, sounds like a good system.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well...1st before ANYONE POSTS ANY NEW THREAD....go down the NEW(with leaf) above of all the new threads. I guarantee...people will just post away and cant take the 5 seconds it takes to see if anyone else has posted already. They join ATS and dont look into any of things that makes up operate.

These are the newbies, and prob. some older members... who think we're cool, so I just read this news from this morning, Ill post a thread about it! Irks me too. I read something last night...it gets posted...someone reads it in the middle of the night but doesnt look...gets posted. Someone reads the morning news? Yep. Same thing. Last nights story get posted as a new thread 20 times.

These people dont bother to look...just play Ronnie Reporter. C'mon folks! Read some of the ways to do things here!!!

As far as doing something about others following your new thread with duplicates? 'Dont think they can be removed...just send an alert about the threads to the mods.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thank you

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

PS: Its not 3 POSTS...its 3 new THREADS-same topic. Posting is a reply or new subject response...and you've POSTED a new THREAD(Topic) when you start one.

POSTING- Responses-replies
THREADS- NEW topic, subject, commentary etc started

edit on 31-10-2016 by mysterioustranger because: add

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Right!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Just tryin' to help! 'Welcome...........Best, MS

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If you see a thread that's a duplicate of yours, send in an alert and staff will deal with it. There are only so many staff and sometimes we don't see them right away.
edit on 10/31/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Also, we do allow one post in Breaking Alternative News and another on the same topic in the forum that particular topic belongs in.

Another factor is how long has it been between the posts.

new topics

top topics

join