It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Do You Agree That The U.S. Government Needs To Be Rebuilt.. From The TOP DOWN.?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   
October 31, 2016

WARNING: This opening post (O.P.) is not compliant with ATS rules. To do so would take several hours and enough words to fill a small book. Sorry.

HERE WE GO. Trying to word this as briefly and logically as I can...

From what we've learned in just the past 12 months, it appears that 90% of OUR U.S. Government is Dysfunctional, or Corrupt, or Citizen Abusive, or just doesn't give a Sh$t...or any combination of the 4. I say 90%, because the Supreme Court still seems to function with integrity. (Based on lack of bad news reports.)

Now the big question. Assuming that 90% of our top-level agencies, including the current President, fit 1 one or more of these categories, HOW DO REBUILD FROM THE TOP DOWN (i.e. "Drain the Swamp") WITHOUT DESTROYING THE NATION?

If most Americans agree that it needs to be done, HOW should this major rebuilding be approached by President Trump, assuming that he win next week?

Since Hillary-Bill Clinton is a "Founding Family" of modern day Corruption, Abuse, and Self-Enrichment, just forget that this thread exists if they're elected President. America's internal government AND corporate corruption will blossom to be on par with that of North Korea. (fortune.com...)

-CareWeMust

edit on 10/31/2016 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The government got this way from the bottom up. Change will only happen in the same fashion. It is our duty and responsibility to fix the government when it becomes too powerful.

Tough decisions and even tougher leaders need to be forged. While we are distracted and divided, nothing will change.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
October 31, 2016

WARNING: This opening post (O.P.) is not compliant with ATS rules. To do so would take several hours and enough words to fill a small book. Sorry.

HERE WE GO. Trying to word this as briefly and logically as I can...

From what we've learned in just the past 12 months, it appears that 90% of OUR U.S. Government is Dysfunctional, or Corrupt, or Citizen Abusive, or just doesn't give a Sh$t...or any combination of the 4. I say 90%, because the Supreme Court still seems to function with integrity. (Based on lack of bad news reports.)

Now the big question. Assuming that 90% of our top-level agencies, including the current President, fit 1 one or more of these categories, HOW DO REBUILD FROM THE TOP DOWN (i.e. "Drain the Swamp") WITHOUT DESTROYING THE NATION?

If most Americans agree that it needs to be done, HOW should this major rebuilding be approached by President Trump, assuming that he win next week?

Since Hillary-Bill Clinton is a "Founding Family" of modern day Corruption, Abuse, and Self-Enrichment, just forget that this thread exists if they're elected President. America's internal government AND corporate corruption will blossom to be on par with that of North Korea. (fortune.com...)

-CareWeMust

This is the Reason America Needs a Donald J. Trump as President . He Will FIRE Most of those Useless Eaters Because He Knows Who they All Are.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The only way this crud can possibly be straightened out peacefully is if every voter is required to take a political competency test before they are allowed to vote. Just too many freeloaders and intellectually deficient voting now. Their electoral influence is insurmountable at this point.

Edit: It will never happen from the top down. You tell me if any president will willingly relinquish even a small portion of his or her power. Top down is foolishness talking here.
edit on 2016-10-31T22:31:56-05:0010pmMon, 31 Oct 2016 22:31:56 -0500MondayAmerica/Chicago5631 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

Edit: If Trump gets elected will only delay the overall plan of the oligarchs 4-8 years if he doesn't get assassinated shortly. Uprising from the bottom up is the only solution,
edit on 2016-10-31T22:36:44-05:0010pmMon, 31 Oct 2016 22:36:44 -0500MondayAmerica/Chicago4431 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

PS: George Dickel is the best 12 year old sour mash whisky anywhere.
edit on 2016-10-31T22:39:22-05:0010pmMon, 31 Oct 2016 22:39:22 -0500MondayAmerica/Chicago2231 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Get rid of the Department Heads, replace them with honorable people, and let them build their staff of chief executives/managers. Start at the top and let those appointees work down within their respective departments of government. That's what I mean by TOP DOWN.

BTW..did you go see President-elect Trump today, JinMI? He wasn't too far from you.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I vote that Trump rile us all up to go after a list of the elites that have proven policy positions that screw our constitutional rights over, our economy, and other nations through foreign policy. Give us the names on national TV, and allow the citizens to handle it
. We will be more than happy to help the middle take down the current top and replace it .
edit on 10-31-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You could stack the deck at the top, sure. Eventually we (or our grandkids) will be in this same boat again. Americans need to be involved in all forms of politics and the votes to effectively usher change.

He was literally right around the corner. I had to work however, my boss did go. I'll find out details tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

" Get rid of the Department Heads, replace them with honorable people, and let them build their staff of chief executives/managers. Start at the top and let those appointees work down within their respective departments of government. That's what I mean by TOP DOWN. "

Good Ideas . I would go further and Enact a New Law that States the American People have the RIGHT to Petition a Referendum on Elected Office Holders Employees to be Accountable for their Actions , and if Need be , Removed from their Positions with a Vote of No Confidence if found Incompetent in their Duties .

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Give us the names on national TV, and allow the citizens to handle it.

We already know their names. No one has done crap. No one ever will. People are far too comfortable in their slavery to rock the apple cart too much. They feign indignation to appease their nagging consciences, but people are simply not willing to do what is necessary for the system to truly be changed. There's just too much for them to lose, or so they've been brainwashed to believe.

And that's the way it is. Get used to it. The establishment's dream of a dumbed-down, easily manipulated populace of geldings has arrived. If we were going to do anything, we would've already done it.
edit on 10/31/16 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The establishment's dream of a dumbed-down, easily manipulated populace of geldings has arrived. If we were going to do anything, we would've already done it.

That Dream has Not been Realized yet because Not All of US are Dumb , Believe it or Not...........)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Actually people are doing stuff. Proble is the State Department orders the media to do character assassination, and the men and women of action become terrorists and criminals on TV because "they" said so.

The Bundy brothers were acquitted for their role in the Oregon occupation by a jury. And yet some of the same people here complaining about how we Americans do nothing stepped right up and struck down those efforts as well and joined he bandwagon of calling them criminals and possible terrorists.

See it is happening, and the confrontations will grow bigger with the right man in charge

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Get rid of the Department Heads, replace them with honorable people, and let them build their staff of chief executives/managers. Start at the top and let those appointees work down within their respective departments of government. That's what I mean by TOP DOWN. "

Good Ideas . I would go further and Enact a New Law that States the American People have the RIGHT to Petition a Referendum on Elected Office Holders Employees to be Accountable for their Actions , and if Need be , Removed from their Positions with a Vote of No Confidence if found Incompetent in their Duties .

To enact that new law, wouldn't the Congress have to approve it? Good idea!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Rebuilt? No. But a few new parts to increase the safety and horsepower of it's running....**

**(metaphors)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

To enact that new law, wouldn't the Congress have to approve it? Good idea!

Yes , and it would be a " Hard Sell " Indeed . Most of them Depend on Incompetent Gofers to do their Dubious Bidings while the American People have No Idea Who they are...........

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Large rewards $$$ for whistle-blowers with evidence. An agency specifically set up with the power to root out corruption and prosecute violators. You would need to set up a system like military tribunals, like Nuremberg. The current system can't be counted on to root out its own corruption. If the government is as bad as things look, it is the only way.
edit on 31/10/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The government got this way from the bottom up. Change will only happen in the same fashion. It is our duty and responsibility to fix the government when it becomes too powerful.

Tough decisions and even tougher leaders need to be forged. While we are distracted and divided, nothing will change.

The 13 founders did us a favor by getting Britain off our backs, but now we have a top-down system again. Its time to go back to bottom up. Consent begins with the individual. Being volunteered by others for you to do things is nothing more than a sick joke. That is what we have. We "get volunteered" to serve the collective. There is your problem.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The US government, like all other organisms is an ongoing work in progress. The only time it stops rebuilding is when it is dead.

As for how to drain the swamp, all that needs to be done is to release the data. The government does produce a massive amount of information each day. Most of it would be pretty dry reading as for who does what in trying to get where. The job of sifting through it all does require a lot of resources to find the issues and answers.

When we cannot be honest about something there is a problem. Releasing every government message and financial transaction to its citizenry will institute a stronger level on integrity amongst the government workforce.

To fix up the corruption, increase the transparency. The individual issues will soon enough sort themselves out.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think it's about to happen wether some like or not.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   

What irks me is,in the early and late 70's I sold a lot of building materials to the school districts,and other government agency's,at the end of vthe year I would get orders large ones,then 3 months later getting a call form govt PA,asking what it was for,it was to use up the budget,their way of reasoning,if they don't spend it,then money taken from them,so the incentive is to overbill,then all the employees steal all the good materials,because no real record of it,this irresponsible,and I'm sure it is like that all the way to the top,not their money so free spending

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Placing reasonable term limits on congress would render the greater majority ineligible for re-election. That would go a long way to solving our problems as a nation. The thing I would really like to see is politicians being held accountable for their campaign promises. As far as I am concerned a campaign promise is a binding legal agreement. Verbal, but no less binding. If you tell me to vote for you because you will fix (insert problem here), then either you fix it or you are removed from office and return every single penny you earned while you were there. No pension. No free ride. Nothing. You did not keep your end of the bargain. Be thankful you are not in jail for it...
edit on 1-11-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join