It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates Donates $750 Million To Vaccinate Third World Children: Update Britain Gives 1.8 Billion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If I was Bill Gates I would embed code into windows that would delete all those silly pictures of him from every computer on the planet...

In all seriousness though, the foundation created by him and his wife has done a tremendous amount of good over recent years, specifically in the medical fields. His donations can go a long way and we do need them. Unfortunately our government is too busy wasting money on finding out how often ants have sex in space on a Tuesday to dedicate money to real problems facing humanity.

Good for him.

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If I was Bill Gates I would embed code into windows that would delete all those silly pictures of him from every computer on the planet...

meanwhile Mac users are laughing at the Mac in the background of the second picture!

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

GENEVA - Grants of $10 million from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will help develop and produce a powerful new polio vaccine to help stop the spread of the crippling disease by year-end, U.N. agencies said on Thursday.

The new vaccine, expected to be available in May, will be used initially in Egypt, where the poliovirus strain “type 1” remains endemic, the World Health Organization and the U.N. Children’s Fund (UNICEF) said in a joint statement.
Polio

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Bill Gates IMO is a great guy for doing this, I just wish his and Balmers business practices weren't so cutthroat and monopolistic. I do not think this was a PR stunt as would be the case with anyother billionaire doing something like this. It's still not going to save MS in the end

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT I mean what can you buy at say 5 billion that you could not at 2??

back in the high flying tech days I had a client who was worth 2.3 billion and he said that after the first 100 million is in the bank, there's no way in hell you could spend it all. He gave tons away to charities and bought cars, drove em for a week and donated them to charity if he didn't like the ride.

When the market tanked and he was worth a paltry 150 million again he told me he was wrong about the 100 million being all he needed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join