It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Schoen:I'm a Democrat, and I worked for Bill Clinton, but I can't vote for Hillary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don`t like to make a thread based on a story that anybody can find on a MSM news site,but this is a very realistic look at the reality of the situation.
so, put aside your political feelings and your dreams and hopes of what could be or might be and face the cold reality of what will be if Hillary is elected.

I am now convinced that we will be facing the very real possibility of a constitutional crisis with many dimensions and deleterious consequences should Secretary Clinton win the election.

In the best case scenario, there will be at the very least a criminal investigation of president-elect Clinton. And there will be a criminal investigation of Huma Abedin, which is apparently ongoing. Furthermore, there will be potential investigations into the actions of the Justice Department and most of all the FBI and its director, James Comey.

After the past eight years wherein America has become progressively more and more divided and a campaign season that has magnified these divisions, I fear for that we will not be able to withstand this kind of continued scandal.

For those of you who are too young to have been around during the Watergate thing,this next part is exactly what is going to happen if Hillary is elected.

Let me contextualize this point a bit more as the term “Watergate” gets thrown around alot these days.

Donald Trump likes to say that the Clinton email scandal is worse than Watergate. I remember Watergate very well.

What troubled me most, other than the crimes committed, was that the United States was paralyzed and unable to act. President Nixon and the government were rendered impotent, unable to govern and meet its responsibilities to the American public.

I worry that the same thing could happen after a victory by Secretary Clinton and could carry on into her term of office.

I was just a teenager and had no interest in politics when the Watergate thing blew up,but I could see the drastic change in the country at that time.
The country was basically leaderless,Ford was thrown into a job that he was not prepared to take on.then Carter was elected because after Nixon and ford the warcry was " anybody but a Republican".as a leaderless country we were easy prey for the wolves in the world.
First we had that "gas crisis" thing where gas prices shot up drastically, why? because we had no leader to deal with the Saudis,we were too busy dealing with Watergate and it`s aftermath.
then there was that whole Iranian hostage thing, why? because we had weak leader who was elected solely on the basis that "he wasn`t a republican".
I`m sure there are many more things that I can`t recall at the moment that had befallen our leaderless country back then.
When tough talking reagan came along in 1980,after almost a decade of being a leaderless country that was the whipping boy for the rest of the world, he was a sure bet to win,and he did.

There will be no goodwill or honeymoon period for Clinton. Her first 100-days agenda will take a backseat to partisan divisions and polarization with little chance of constructive legislative action occurring.

We have seen that a hyper-partisan, gridlocked Washington is bad for the country. There is no reason to believe that Clinton’s tenure will be anything but more of the same in this way and, most likely, a lot worse.

There will be 4 years of congressional inquiries and investigations,there will be no cooperation.4 years of more leaks and more F.B.I. investigations.
Hillary`s promise of reformed health insurance, free college,etc not gonna happen.Hillary was caught lying to congress,congress will not forgive and forget that, there will be no cooperation.
4 years of a leaderless country,easy prey for the wolves of the world.

Having a president who will constantly be facing investigations and inquiries by congress and the F.B.I. will be much worse than you imagine.as the author said the entire government will be impotent, paralyzed,ineffective, just as it was during the Watergate years,nothing good will come of that.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 31-10-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
America is already condemned. At this point the only fix is to destroy and rebuild from the foundation up.

Without doing that we are simply building on termite infested rotting wood. It might look nice for a bit but will undoubtedly collapse on itself. It's inevitable.

I've seen dilapidated buildings in better shape than our existing governmental system. Shame really because on the outside it appears beautiful. The true meaning of only being skin deep.

join