It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Planned Parenthood paying activists $2.4K to 'stop Trump'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
GOPUSA

After endorsing a presidential primary nominee for the first time in its 100-year history, Planned Parenthood is sparing no expense to get Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton into the White House to forward its extremist pro-abortion agenda – by offering progressive activists in New England $2,400 each to “Stop Donald Trump.”

Personally, I don't think Trump is as committed to his rhetoric on abortion as he says...
I see him as much more socially liberal than his target audience.

It goes on to say;

“We have less than two weeks until election day – large bonuses in the final stretch,” one of Planned Parenthood Action’s Craigslist ads reads, “Make over $2,400 before election day if you work all available shifts!”

Good pay check to get for campaigning...
I question the ethics behind it though.

I mean, I'm pro-choice when absolutely necessary, but see abortion as murder...
Nothing will change my stance... (I'm not the topic anyways)

But you'd never see me sell my soul for money to campaign against someone...
If I truly believed in the cause I'd do it for free...

Make of that what you will.

Even though Trump has made a few questionable remarks about Planned Parenthood in the past, his renewed vow to defund the leading entity of the abortion industry has rallied pro-life advocates around the nation to support his campaign.

Well those "questionable remarks" were to many, the only sensible thing Trump has ever said...
The good PP has done for women's healthcare aside from their reproductive services.

Which turned many against Trump during the primaries.
It was actually a shining light in amidst the darkness of his campaign to undecided dems and independents who will vote for Trump...

Of course this GOP source makes sure to to be partisan, failing to recognise the fact that a "pro abortion" stance doesn't actually exist among pro-choice people like myself.

It's a big part of the agenda people and it's not been given the airtime it deserves...

Both candidates have shied away from the fact that their SCOTUS appointments will be in direct control of this topic. (Unless pressed on the issue)
Maybe even more so than the 2nd.

So where does the GOP go from here...
Maybe offer incentives to the pro-Life crowd to counter this activism?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What a desperate move, and what a waste of money. Trump will be POTUS and no amount of paid campaigning will change that.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Seems PP has endorsed at least one candidate:
2008:

Planned Parenthood endorses Obama

After announcing a few weeks ago that they would hold off backing Obama until each local chapter had signed on, the Planned Parenthood Action Fund endorsed Obama yesterday.

Source: Politico

2012:

Planned Parenthood endorses Obama with $1.4 million ad buy

Planned Parenthood endorsed President Obama's reelection Wednesday morning and slammed Mitt Romney for what it called his "harmful positions on women's health."

Source: The Hill

Just "fact checking"....

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
No organization that receives ANY tax payer funding should be legally allowed to involve itself in campaigning. That should be a law.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Don't worry, not a penny of that money comes from the sale of baby parts... trust me.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
No organization that receives ANY tax payer funding should be legally allowed to involve itself in campaigning. That should be a law.

I agree.

Police Unions.....I'm looking at you.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

From what I've seen, and read, the GOP seems to have pretty much given up on the Planned Parenthood deal; social issues in the US are a lost cause because, on the whole, US Americans dont function from an ethical or moral perspective. Its just "whatever I want is good, and if its good because I want it, then it should be legal". No deep thinking in any of that.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That would exclude millions of organizations.

It is against the law for them to use tax payer money for such things though.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

So lemme get this straight, your source who is clearly Pro Life claims PP is taking ads out on Craigslist to pay people to stop Trump?

Right....

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So police officers and ex-military personnel should be banned from campaigning for candidates?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's not my source it's GOPUSA...
I have no affiliation with them nor do I agree with their assessment.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Start with Israel & AIPAC.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh boy... I know you didn't write the article or own the website.

top topics

join