It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recorded Missile Strike...14th century BC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt
"The kalmi Sana went and struck the country of Arzawa, struck Apasa"

When first reading, I took that to be 1 impact.

It could be describing several impacts, meaning it hit the land itself, "country", and then another impact hit the city, "Apasa". This would be more likely for a meteorite if it was eroding.

Why would a God want to waste "thunderbolts" blowing up land outside the city?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

That's what you's expect isn't it, affecting the surrounding region and the City, don't think it can have been on the scale of the one that hit Mesopotamia around 2,100 BC though, widespread damage reported there, could even have been simply an aerial explosion.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Now that's a vid to make one think. So many ancient sites of approximate age seemed to have suffered similar fates - globally. Her hypothesis between the geological features found and utter destruction does correlate to the affects of a modern nuclear blast. Do we really know our past? Does history not repeat itself if forgotten or buried ? Are we now in another " rinse and repeat cycle " ? The similarities in architecture of a few of those fortresses is uncanny. The thermal-dynamics involved to melt rocks and totally obliterate stoned structures of this magnitude into nothingness is awe inspiring. The size of the crater features left are biblical. "They" may have given mankind the ability to smelt metals, but they sure kept the good stuff for themselves.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Or the third and most likely possibility, a natural event occurred and the narrative retconned it into a story that showed how a God was responsible for doing it in support of his/her/its followers.

You see that a LOT. See also: Sodom, Jericho, burning of Rome
edit on 4-11-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldt
a reply to: schuyler

Oh right so it's irresponsible to use the same term as the historians and the term strike when something has been struck, none of the terms they used are literal translation, i could have gone with kalmi Sana but few around here speak Hittite i would imagine, so i used contemporary, might have been a little mischievous triggering also but i expect people will survive.

That grumpy ol dog needs to drink more water.
SnF!

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Agree with you . This short vid has always stood out to me as being one such event that was recorded globally . I have yet to hear a scientific explanation for it .
When one considers the power from a blast such as the one that happened in Russia its easy to consider a lot of the past damaged of the earth to be of modern bombs . But I am still scratching Joshua's long day .

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Or the third and most likely possibility, a natural event occurred and the narrative retconned it into a story that showed how a God was responsible for doing it in support of his/her/its followers.

You see that a LOT. See also: Sodom, Jericho, burning of Rome

The anthroporphising and deification of natural phemomena is common throughout mythology.
It is how primitive people make sense of the unexlpainable.
There are a couple socal tribes that have a rather interesting view of meteors, their idea is that whenever meteor is seen, " Indians will die". One tribe has somewhat diefied meteors, into an entity called Dakwish,

The dakwish, it is said by the Luiseño, is not infrequently seen. Often it causes death, though some men can see it and not die. It is described as being like a bird, having soft white feathers all over its body. Around its head are tied feather ropes, and these hold in place the elat, the board ceremonially swallowed by medicine-men and also worn as a headdress. As the dakwish moves, its feathers fall and it leaves them behind.

Yet again meteors, are associated with a "feathered" entity, just like the meso american " feathered serpent" .
One interesting facet of all this, is that one of the tribes that has the dakwish mythos, the Saboba, have a creation tale that tells of the creator shrouding the world in darkness, and " the people" rowed their canoes, from the home lands to new place. While they did this they sang songs in the darkness to keep the canoes together.
The most interesting thing about this story is that the Saboba, are an inland desert tribe, at least 130 miles from the nearest canoe navigable waterway.
And the way points to the pacific.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join