It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Frequency Rising Dramatically!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Wow....maybe it is starting............

Mat 24:7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
Mat 24:8 All these are the beginning of birth pains.

think birth contractions here

Mat 24:9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Mark 13:8 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.

Luke 21:11 There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

In 1997 there were only 3 notable quakes. neic.usgs.gov...

1998 saw 10 notable quakes. neic.usgs.gov...

In 1999 there were 13 notable quakes: neic.usgs.gov...

In 2000 there were 6 notable earthquakes. neic.usgs.gov...

In 2001 the number increased to 7. neic.usgs.gov...

By 2002 we jumped to 12 notable quakes. neic.usgs.gov...

Hold on, because in 2003 it was 39 notable quakes. neic.usgs.gov...

2004 calmed to just 39! neic.usgs.gov...

2005 Year to Date: We have had 6 notable quakes through the 19th of January. neic.usgs.gov... At this rate, our annual "run rate" will top 115 for 2005!

link

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ed, you're back! I actually agree with you. I think mother earth is having contractions and she's probably 8 1/2 months pregnant and look out- she's about to give birth in a majestic way!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Might be right....maybe the end of the world is just around the corner...what'd the mayians predict...2012?...getting close...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Ed, you're back! I actually agree with you. I think mother earth is having contractions and she's probably 8 1/2 months pregnant and look out- she's about to give birth in a majestic way!

I never left, just dont have the time I once did to read all the posts, lucky to get a couple of hours a week. If someone needs to get ahold of me PM me as I at least check for those every other day.

I cant say what I am doing but it is great for the nation and damn good fun at the same time!

:cheers!

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You finally made your way to Washington DC, didnt you? Give Bush my regards

Whatever you're doing, have fun and stay out of trouble.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
You finally made your way to Washington DC, didnt you? Give Bush my regards

Whatever you're doing, have fun and stay out of trouble.

Nope, havent really been following politics much lately, really.

Been busy with some other 'stuff'.

Thanks and I always stay out of trouble

I should have some more free time in March, but after that I begin my studies for my PE, wont have time to do squat except study. I have been out of school to long I am afraid.

E_T

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yeah... and pigs can fly!
What did certain "paragraphs" say about spreading wrong information?

If you didn't notice those earthquakes listed directly in years page doesn't have anything common... or maybe expect that they caused damage/killed people.
And that with increase in use of internet they have bothered to add more of those directly to mainpages of years.

If you bother to think (what I don't expect from most of mankind) and check amount of quakes over mag 7 you'll notice there isn't any increase in activity.

And for lazy ones here's page showing annual number of quakes over mag 7 since year 1900.
neic.usgs.gov...

neic.usgs.gov... (this also has annual average amount of them)

"Most of one's life is one prolonged effort to prevent oneself thinking."
-Aldous Huxley

[edit on 25-1-2005 by E_T]

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
edsinger,

Did you see this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is my quake analysis which I have been posting for about 1-1/2 years now.

www.thedivinesibyl.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:02 AM
link   
So the End of the World is determined by someone's arbitory decision on what makes an earthquake 'noteworthy'

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Actually if you look at real data on earthquakes you can see that there has not been a significant increase. Very big ones aren't going to be controlled by a yearly cycle.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Actually, this rise in earthquakes worldwide is expected. Especially in the "Ring of Fire" along the Pacific Rim, volcanoes and earthquakes go active in large numbers for a short period of time (like a decade or so) every few hundred years. We're either right on time or just slightly overdue, but we're getting it now.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Edsinger, when i first joined this message board site you're articles were the first to actually strike me as something that had time and effort put into it. I am always pleased to read your comments and i also uphold all of your values too. Congrats on all the awsome work.

Danny

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeHead
Edsinger, when i first joined this message board site you're articles were the first to actually strike me as something that had time and effort put into it. I am always pleased to read your comments and i also uphold all of your values too. Congrats on all the awsome work.

Danny

Well thanks, it is sad that my time is much more limited now, but I still sneak in to give the liberals a hard time though

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Edsinger, it's good to see you out of the political arena for a change.

Keep up the good work RE liberals.

However, I really think posters like E_T are right. There's not a lot more earthquakes. Because of the internet and reporting tecniques, we just hear about them more.
How many of us even cared about earthquake frequency before 12-26-2004?

posted on Jan, 27 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Earth quake statistics

2000 to 2004 worldwide
5-5.9 Richter
1345 1243 1218 1203 1347
6.0 to 6.9
158 126 130 140 140
8.0 to 9.9
1 1 0 1 2

1990-199
5.0 to 5.9 1617 1457 1498 1426 1542 1318 1222 1113 979 1104
6.0 to 6.9 109 96 166 137 146 183 149 120 117 116
8.0 to 9.9 0 0 0 0 2 2 1 0 1 0

Are Earthquakes Really on the rise?

we have definitely had an increase in the number of earthquakes we have been able to locate each year. This is because of the tremendous increase in the number of seismograph stations in the world and the many improvements in global communications. In 1931, there were about 350 stations operating in the world; today, there are more that 8,000 stations and the data now comes in rapidly from these stations by electronic mail, internet and satellite.

According to long-term records (since about 1900), we expect about 18 major earthquakes (7.0 - 7.9) and one great earthquake (8.0 or above) in any given year

Read both pages, make your mind up for yourself. How much of an increase is noteworthy for the bible, what would a biblically apocalyptic increase in earthquakes be like?

[edit on 27-1-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well yes they come in cycles, but the 'frequency' of them is what I watch, I guess the folks along the New Madrid are really spooked now...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This has nothign to do with cycles, there is nothign to suggest that they do come in cycles. They are constantly occuring, everywhere, and they are not on the increase.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well yes they come in cycles, but the 'frequency' of them is what I watch, I guess the folks along the New Madrid are really spooked now...

Raw data alone isn't proof that the frequency of earthquakes worldwide is increasing. We have more recorded earthquakes now because we have more machines, in more diverse locations than ever, measuring earthquakes whenever they occur. Even technology has added greatly to the number of earthquakes recorded every year -- there are millions of minor tremors worldwide every day that only today's sensitive instruments can pick up.

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well it would be nice to see a comparison between the 80's , 90's and 00's (1/2) and then look.

I am not convinced they are dramatically rising but I do think they are more frequent.....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well it would be nice to see a comparison between the 80's , 90's and 00's (1/2) and then look.

Wha? Its right there, the data i posted starts in 1990 and goes til recently. And there are records out there of previous decades.

top topics

join