It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Dead, 41 Wounded in Halloween Weekend Shootings Across Chicago

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ah a good ol'GLP circle tug thread offering.
Lot's of euphemisms and double speak on who they are.

Let me ask you guys this - something you don't do over there.
What do you guys think can be actual solutions to solve this crisis plaguing those communities.
I won't mention what you guys mention time and time again should be done on GLP.
I'm also quite surprised there are no people here yet crying for BLM to solve this.
US as a community here in the U.S. - what are steps we can take?
Better education that maybe isn't setup in a way that boundaries are purposely drawn
so that they don't attend better schools where whites go.
Access to employment? That aren't met with resumes that are deleted and thrown in the garbage for having
"black names" or "black addresses".

What are some real solutions that we can attempt to have our representatives enact?
edit on 31-10-2016 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
What number does it take to declare a state of emergency?

What is that supposed to accomplish?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So 58 attempted murders total.
Put another gun law on the books for good measure.

What number does it take to declare a state of emergency?

if that 17 number was white people, then it would be a state of emergency

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't have a solution.
This is one time I think the military probably needs to step in initially.

I understand people feel trapped but I'd have my kids living out of my car in a park before I let them grow up around that.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Edumakated

"There have been at least 638 homicides so far this year, 217 more than this time last year, the data show. At least 3,662 people have been shot in the city, 1,106 more than during the same period last year."

3,662 people shot. FFS
Why aren't people marching in the streets?

Because a black life has no value unless it is taken by a white cop.

No. Much more likely they are in fear for their lives because of retribution for trying to speak out.
Like the Cartels in Mexico.

Your assessment is bullsh*t. & you know it.

Nope. I just see the hypocrisy with my own eyes. The cops could say we are going to clean house in these hoods and come in guns blazing to take out all the thugs. You know what would happen? The community would protest because those being arrested are the family members - brothers, uncles, sons, etc. It would flip from woe is me with all the violence in our community to why are the cops harassing us?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't have a solution.

I understand people feel trapped but I'd have my kids living out of my car in a park before I let them grow up around that.

What's sad is, you get kids who can't play outside during the summer because its too dangerous and the risk of bullets flying around is too high...

I really wish there was an easy answer....

1. stronger male figures in the lives of these gangbangers
2. more police on the streets
3. after school activities to keep the youth engaged so they aren't led to the streets
4. martial law/national guard

I dunno...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

"There have been at least 638 homicides so far this year, 217 more than this time last year, the data show. At least 3,662 people have been shot in the city, 1,106 more than during the same period last year."

3,662 people shot. FFS
Why aren't people marching in the streets?

Those figures are just staggering.... I feel like I'm looking at figures from the Iraq war or something, not from a US city...

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: jhn7537

Is the rest of the country curious about these shootings/killings or is this now just common place and we all accept it for what it is?

Ordinary people don't 'accept it'. They don't know how to stop it. Thats the gubments job. They take down whole nations but can't stop a few gang bangers from running a city. Or don't want to.

I'm leaning towards gangs, drugs and crime are the grease that keeps the gubment wheels turning. The money they make from the misery is way more enticing.

Yep, and once we began seeing the privatization of prisons, we now have a motivation for them to fill those prisons with convicts (at all costs)... Big business, loads of money to be made... I can only imagine the type of "under the table" deals that go on with the private prison systems and all the questionable arrests we see today

Or under the table drug deals. We get rumors from time to time of that. Same with gun running.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
nothing can be done about this situation until the black community decides that they are ready to be a part of a civilized society.

all of the problems in Chicago are homegrown,they have to be willing to do whatever it takes to clean up the problem, even if that means that members of their own families have to be sent to prison,but they are`nt ready,willing and able to do whatever it takes to be productive citizens in a civilized society.

bemoaning their fate, blaming whitey and playing the victim has only made things worse,but it isn`t entirely their fault they have never been taught how to conduct themselves in a civilized society.They have the blame whitey and play the victim mantra drilled into their heads from the day they are born,they aren`t taught to be responsible for themselves or their actions.

Better education isn`t going to solve the problem,I mean how much of an education do you need to know that murdering people is not legal? violating the law doesn`t stem from a lack of education it stems from a lack of morals.

They have to be willing to do whatever it takes even if that means curfews,stop and frisk etc but they aren`t willing to that they would rather live in a war zone.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
That city needs the national guard.2nd.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
if its mostly blacks getting killed and wounded, im 100% sure BLM will be marching tonight.

/sarc

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Considering this was Halloween weekend and I'm sure there were a lot parties being attended by "gang" members, it doesn't surprise me. Chicago has become the wild wild west.

I agree, these shootings are getting way out of hand and our government should step in and try to get these shootings under control. Our government spends billions to settle conflicts overseas, but ignores internal problems here at home. They need to address the gang problems in the inner cities. It's causing an increase in violent crime and impacting the lives of many young people across this country.

Heck our government should have organized a national forum just on police shootings!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I don't have a solution.

What's sad is, you get kids who can't play outside during the summer because its too dangerous and the risk of bullets flying around is too high...

I really wish there was an easy answer....

1. stronger male figures in the lives of these gangbangers
2. more police on the streets
3. after school activities to keep the youth engaged so they aren't led to the streets
4. martial law/national guard

I dunno...

In terms of solutions:

1) There has to be a cultural and social renaissance in the black community. We cannot accept some of these ghetto behaviors as normal.

2) Social policy needs to encourage marriage, not single motherhood. As it stands right now, government policy encourages single parenting and thus there is no incentive to get married. Extra benefits for being married and staying married when children are involved. The single biggest determinant of being poor is having children out of wedlock.

3) School system. There has to be a renewed focus on educating students but at the same time, we need to realize that some are beyond help. We need to get rid of the students who are beyond help and focus on those that want it. Urban Prep school in Chicago has shown this model works. I also support single sex schools in these communities. I also think we need more focus on vocational training in these communities. Everyone doesn't need to go to college to be successful, but they need some employable skills whether mechanics, construction work, plumbing, etc.

4) Urban Manufacturing zones. Offer big companies significant tax breaks to build and invest in these communities. West side of Chicago is basically burned out. Plenty of space to build large manufacturing plants. Cheap land. Give some of these people decent jobs instead of sending them overseas.

5) Criminal Justice system reform. We need to lock up and throw away the key for the worst offenders. Right now Chicago tends to treat gun charges with kid gloves. However, I also don't think people should see their lives ruined for minor offenses. There is a disconnect and we need real, transparent and effective justice reform.

This situation grew out of 50 years of progressive liberal policies from the War on Poverty and it will not be fixed overnight. We have to look one or two generations out to see results. We have literally lost an entire generation.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What Klan rally did you just stumble out of?

originally posted by: Tardacus
nothing can be done about this situation until the black community decides that they are ready to be a part of a civilized society.

So you consider them animals? Tell me more about how they are supposed to join when they're halted at every turn.
Arrested on mass - imprisoned x3 x4 times the white counterparts for the same crimes.
Have their efforts thrown away for having "black names" and "black addresses".
Tell me more about what you think of these uncivilized savages.

all of the problems in Chicago are homegrown,they have to be willing to do whatever it takes to clean up the problem, even if that means that members of their own families have to be sent to prison,but they are`nt ready,willing and able to do whatever it takes to be productive citizens in a civilized society.

Home grown? You mean transplanted. When the jobs left so did many of the community pillars.
Going to prison is all they know. If you teach children that prison is inevitable and to prepare for it - what possible outcome do you think there is? What solutions do you think can be applied here without blaming it on a lost father which is the go to for you guys.

bemoaning their fate, blaming whitey and playing the victim has only made things worse,but it isn`t entirely their fault they have never been taught how to conduct themselves in a civilized society.They have the blame whitey and play the victim mantra drilled into their heads from the day they are born,they aren`t taught to be responsible for themselves or their actions.

Once again saying they're savage negros that don't know how to act as whitey instructs them to.
You know what other mantras are drilled "Whites are good blacks are bad".
Why don't you tell me how that whole Bundy federal building situation that lasted 40 days would
have gone had it been black people threatening the lives of federal agents had they entered the
property would have gone.

Better education isn`t going to solve the problem,I mean how much of an education do you need to know that murdering people is not legal? violating the law doesn`t stem from a lack of education it stems from a lack of morals.

Better education isn't going to solve it? Now isn't that something to think about.
Better education leading them to better jobs that lead to overall better lifestyles..but NO - that's not it.
Violating the law stems from the ingrained system of "Black is bad white is good."
I mean - you do think of them as savages..You've said it twice in your post now.
That mentality is shared with employers and educators alike and then stems to law and order
that see them unfit to be free.

They have to be willing to do whatever it takes even if that means curfews,stop and frisk etc but they aren`t willing to that they would rather live in a war zone.

Yes - whatever it takes - want to put black people in internment camps and "reeducate" them?
Do you believe in segregation?

edit on 31-10-2016 by MagicCow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

WTF President Obama...get them some relief...we were upset when Bush reacted slowly to Katrina and now there appears to be little done for Chicago....and we elect people in Congress for what?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

I never said that they were animals or savages, you said that. I said they are uncivilized, and by the definition of the word civilized they are uncivilized.You seem to not know the definition of the word civilized so for your benefit I`ll post it.

civilized
adjective
1. having an advanced or humane culture, society, etc.
2. polite; well-bred; refined.
3.of or relating to civilized people:
4. easy to manage or control; well organized or ordered

If they choose to continue to be uncivilized then they should expect to continue to have these problems in their communities.

Better education leading them to better jobs that lead to overall better lifestyles.

what better jobs? where are these better jobs?
There are college educated people working in fast food places because there aren`t enough good jobs.
Money isn`t going to fix their problems there are uncivilized rich people just as there are uncivilized poor people.
Money can`t buy morals,or civility.

no one can force them to want to be a part of a civilized society that`s their choice,but in order to be a part of a civilized society you have to be civilized. if they choose not to become a part of civilized society then they have to be willing to accept the consequences of that decision and not play victim and blame other people for their choice.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

"the black community"

Don't double speak with me.
You feel that the WHOLE BLACK COMMUNITY in the United States is uncivilized.

Again I ask since you just jumped over my entire post to you.

Do you believe in segregation?

When cops are generalized as you have just done now in 2 separate posts about black people.
Do you come to their defense stating it's just a few bad apples or you state that all cops just like you believe all black people are a problem?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MagicCow

well, since this thread is about the situation in Chicago I thought it was clear that I was talking about the black community in Chicago where all these murders are occurring.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We figure that if we let Chicagoans kill each long enough, eventually Illinois will flip over to a Red state.

Seriously, however, I don't think anyone really knows what to do about it. The people don't respect police enough to actually help them solve crimes, so what can we expect the police to do, besides come out to scoop up the latest shooting victims?
edit on 31-10-2016 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

You don't even believe that.
You've played cherry pick pie with my posts to you while I
have answered your thoughts - line by line.
I'll assume your silence is as good as an answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join