It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 Dead, 41 Wounded in Halloween Weekend Shootings Across Chicago

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Another Chicago weekend, another long list of shootings and murders.... Is the rest of the country curious about these shootings/killings or is this now just common place and we all accept it for what it is? It blows my mind how the Chicago Cubs and their 108 year World Series drought gets more press than 17 people shot to death and 41 others wounded in a single weekend here in Chicago?? it blows my mind... I really wish the Govt would help Chicago get a hold of this city, because its not slowing down.. I suppose the only saving grace for this city is the weather forecast stating this winter will be extremely cold/snowy. Crime stats show there's a definite uptick in violence when the weathers warmer and when its really cold we see a significant drop...

Anyways, below is the story regarding another bloody weekend in Chicago...

At least 17 people, including four teenagers, were killed and 41 others were wounded in shootings across Chicago between Friday evening and Monday morning, making it the city’s deadliest weekend of the year.

NBC Chicago

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Let this be a lesson to your State people...

The S could HTF anytime and the National Guard will not be called in to restore peace.

Chicago is an experiment and you're failing...

You need to demand action by the administration.
Whether Hillary or Trump, do a duty to your country because the good people of Chicago need you. Now.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Is the rest of the country curious about these shootings/killings or is this now just common place and we all accept it for what it is?

Ordinary people don't 'accept it'. They don't know how to stop it. Thats the gubments job. They take down whole nations but can't stop a few gang bangers from running a city. Or don't want to.

I'm leaning towards gangs, drugs and crime are the grease that keeps the gubment wheels turning. The money they make from the misery is way more enticing.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Let this be a lesson to your State people...

The S could HTF anytime and the National Guard will not be called in to restore peace.

Chicago is an experiment and you're failing...

You need to demand action by the administration.
Whether Hillary or Trump, do a duty to your country because the good people of Chicago need you. Now.

Chicago is living proof that gun laws don't mean sh*t...
edit on 31-10-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Is the rest of the country curious about these shootings/killings or is this now just common place and we all accept it for what it is?

Ordinary people don't 'accept it'. They don't know how to stop it. Thats the gubments job. They take down whole nations but can't stop a few gang bangers from running a city. Or don't want to.

I'm leaning towards gangs, drugs and crime are the grease that keeps the gubment wheels turning. The money they make from the misery is way more enticing.

Yep, and once we began seeing the privatization of prisons, we now have a motivation for them to fill those prisons with convicts (at all costs)... Big business, loads of money to be made... I can only imagine the type of "under the table" deals that go on with the private prison systems and all the questionable arrests we see today

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about firearms legislation.

That is secondary to the disaster that's occurring mate.

Unless you're saying more legal guns would stop this, somehow I disagree given the percentage of assassinations and drive-bys involved.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So 58 attempted murders total.
Put another gun law on the books for good measure.

What number does it take to declare a state of emergency?
edit on 31-10-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Oh, I was replying to the point that you made saying "chicago's an experiment", and with the strict gun laws here, I'm just stating that its false to believe stricter gun laws would prevent shootings from happening, when Chicago is living proof that strict gun law measures don't deter the gangbangers/criminals from using them..

With Chicago, I don't know what the answer is... I would say a combination of the neighborhoods "self policing" holding one another accountable to clean up their area and additional police in the areas may tilt the numbers back the other way, but i dunno... its such a mess right now, I don't know if there's an easy answer to how you'd fix this crisis Chicago's dealing with.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Something needs to be done. The reality is that these shooting for the most part are confined to certain areas of the city far away from what most people consider "Chicago". These shootings are taking place on the west and southsides of the city about 8-10 miles from the heart of the city. The shootings for the most part are one thug shooting another thug and almost entirely blacks with some small portion hispanic.

In other words, no one gives a damn.

To further exacerbate the issue, the black community has its head in the sand as to some of the root causes. When anyone tries to really study the issue and provide solutions, if the answers don't involve some sort of validation of blacks being victims, then it will be ignored.

These communities are dying because they are filled with lowly educated and poor single mothers having children. Productive men are no where to be found resulting in hordes of young impressionable men being raised by the "streets" and gangs. The police chief recently commented that most of the shooters are about 15 years old. Let that sink in. You basically have feral kids, damn near on par with child soldiers in Africa running in the streets.

Chicago just gets all the press because it the largest major city with this type of problem. HOwever, on a per capita basis, Chicago isn't as bad as some of smaller cities. The one thing in common in all of them is poor black communities.

Culturally, the black community has accepted this buffoonery as normal behavior. Violence. Hustling. Baby Mamas. Even the so called Talented Tenth make excuses for this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Exactly.... What does it take? What will it take? I suppose the scary question to ask is, how bad does it have to get before they want to step in???

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
White cop not involved. Do not care.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Exactly.... What does it take? What will it take? I suppose the scary question to ask is, how bad does it have to get before they want to step in???

I'd say 1 attempted murder every 50 minutes over the weekend would be it. I mean damn. Can you imagine the switchboard?

edit on 31-10-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

The experiment I was referring to is the down slide of an entire State.

Not the naziesque gun control.

Everyone is well aware of the gun let debate in Chicago and in the last decade it has changed nothing.
Personally you need to demand a State of Emergency or even Martial Law to sort this mess...

And the only way to do that is to be loud and proud in demanding action from the government.
You know, just in case gun laws in Chicago don't change.

There is, as they say, more than one way to skin a cat.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I agree with a lot of what you just said. I moved out of Chicago last year to Seattle, but all my family is still there, so there's always concern, because crime occasionally has been spilling over into the nicer areas.. I have a buddy who's Chicago PD and works in the vice unit in the Austin neighborhood on the West side... The crap he tells me is honestly bizarre. he was also a marine in Iraq, and says Chicago streets make him feel more uneasy.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Local rapper, Rico Reckless... watch if you want to really get a feel as to what is going on. Halloween is the day you can get your kill on...

edit on 31-10-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"There have been at least 638 homicides so far this year, 217 more than this time last year, the data show. At least 3,662 people have been shot in the city, 1,106 more than during the same period last year."

3,662 people shot. FFS
Why aren't people marching in the streets?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

"There have been at least 638 homicides so far this year, 217 more than this time last year, the data show. At least 3,662 people have been shot in the city, 1,106 more than during the same period last year."

3,662 people shot. FFS

Because a black life has no value unless it is taken by a white cop.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
here's the famous chicago jackass site

*** and since the Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908, I wonder how many shootings Chicago has had since 1908 ?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

3,662 people shot. FFS

Because a black life has no value unless it is taken by a white cop.

No. Much more likely they are in fear for their lives because of retribution for trying to speak out.
Like the Cartels in Mexico.

Your assessment is bullsh*t. & you know it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think we should empower the citizens and immediate termination of any gun control laws outside of NICS check. Failing that, I have been in support of a temporary stint of Martial Law and having the Mayor arrested for dereliction of duty. Chicago may be the most violent city in america now. Part of that problem is generations of families raised into gang life, so much that there is an effective standing army of 100,000+ gang members residing within the metropolitan area who have absolute dominance of entire swathes and square miles of territory.

Who is really running this city?? It clearly is not the police or the mayor. IMO, Chicago has become a national security threat by way of being an organized crime hub and capital for US midwest operations. Time to force down the mayor and have a military commander in charge temporarily until. The city council can manage civic affairs while the soldiers handle take down operations for all identified gang territories.

I think the city could be cleaned up within five years, although it may feel like living in Aleppo for a little while.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join