It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Florida parents plan to arm themselves while going trick-or-treating over clown concerns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

At least I aint a scared cowaRd afraid of masks.
You should be afraid of real things that inspire terror like geese.
Lol
edit on 31-10-2016 by TheKnightofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
So? Any parent that is responsible has every right to protect their children. should they just deliberately be unarmed with all this crazy stuff going on so that some weirdo can walk up and shoot them and their children like fish in a barrel? You can stop sensationalizing and being alarmist now.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Has any of these clowns assaulted anyone?.

YES. And if you had any sense to simply Google that you would know it. There's some weird stuff going on right now. A couple of dumb asses started it and now a lot of copycats are escalating it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Lol

You keep assuming my position is fear based. I'm actually trying to prevent idiots and morons from getting hurt by those that don't take chances with their lives or the lives of others. Please see the clown video from page 2 to further understand my point.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Any intelligent person who has the ability to carry should do so all of the time...of course, that comes with the assumption that said carrier has the emotional stability and training to only use the firearm as a last resort when being seriously threatened.

So, with that in mind, talking to a woman who will be walking around (apparently) alone with her kids and another who plans to carry around a bat as a means of protection against the unknown does not a widespread plan to walk around with a gun make. Did this reporter speak to anyone else who plans to carry around a firearm? I mean, seriously, this is getting to the point of stupidity.

Regardless, these people need to keep in mind that if they attack people out of unfounded fear, they are the ones who will be going to jail on Halloween, so it would be very intelligent for anyone who plans to carry a weapon out of fear to keep that in mind--don't do something stupid.

edit on 31-10-2016 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I hope they shoot those witches and goblins as well along with the jedi warriors and darth vader....can't be too careful..

edit on 31-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If this woman is afraid..stay the f@ck home, scared people shouldn't be allowed to drive or carry a gun.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Are you going to dress up at all?

No, I have to fly up to Boston later today for the entire week. My neighborhood actually does a Halloween parade and we typically get around 200-300 kids so I usually man the porch. Last year I was Dexter, only the adults got it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't get what the big deal is, clowns are known to carry guns.

Be safe!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Or Freddy Krueger....

Five shot in overnight party by man dressed as Freddy Krueger on Northwest Side...I wish KnightofDoom was here to protect me

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Lol

You keep assuming my position is fear based. I'm actually trying to prevent idiots and morons from getting hurt by those that don't take chances with their lives or the lives of others. Please see the clown video from page 2 to further understand my point.

That's not your job or responsibility . And I would rather not have armed self styled vigilantes around.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

So how many innocents are going to be killed today because some pu**y has to carry a gun and use it because he's afraid of the boogeyman at night. Smh.

Let's just cancel Halloween all together because it seems people can't handle scary costumes anymore. While we're at it let's ban scary movies and video games because the cowards can't handle them.

Exactly, just when I thought gun nuts couldn't be any more pathetic, they now feel the need to arm themselves against guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people.

Yes, carry your gun in public. Accidents never happen and everyone is a crack shot

Can you POSITIVELY, 100% guarantee that every encounter is just some "guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people..."??

No you can't.

Prank, joke, or whatever.. it's attempted assault. Period.

No I can't. But then I'm not a coward and accept that life involves risks. Even infinitely tiny clown ones..

Jus be honest, you like walking around with a gun and feeling like the big kahuna . I'll respect you more if said it

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

So how many innocents are going to be killed today because some pu**y has to carry a gun and use it because he's afraid of the boogeyman at night. Smh.

Let's just cancel Halloween all together because it seems people can't handle scary costumes anymore. While we're at it let's ban scary movies and video games because the cowards can't handle them.

Exactly, just when I thought gun nuts couldn't be any more pathetic, they now feel the need to arm themselves against guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people.

Yes, carry your gun in public. Accidents never happen and everyone is a crack shot

Can you POSITIVELY, 100% guarantee that every encounter is just some "guys who, um, wear clown costume and scare people..."??

No you can't.

Prank, joke, or whatever.. it's attempted assault. Period.

No I can't.

Thanks. That's all I needed to know.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Lol

That's not your job or responsibility . And I would rather not have armed self styled vigilantes around.

It's not a job or responsibility, it's called not being a self-centered, pretentious prick with your head in the sand hoping someone else will do or say what you're too afraid to. Protecting yourself and those around you has nothing to do with being a vigilante, it's a moral imperative. Some folks have that in them, obviously you don't.
edit on E30America/ChicagoTue, 01 Nov 2016 05:02:12 -050011amTuesdayst05am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
If you wear a clown costume and approach my kid I'll shoot you... well.... that's just not right.
-Alee

You would shoot someone in a clown outfit who approached you and your kid on halloween....
that seems reasonable.

I hear that prison for lifers isn't that bad. you get pretty liberal family visitation hours

Wow way to completely take that quote out of context from the entire paragraph.

*eyeroll*

Here is what I actually said in my post, not sure why you just copied the last part

Now, being armed on Halloween I don't have an issue with personally, but if anyone is making threats, that's a problem. Example: If you wear a clown costume and approach my kid I'll shoot you... well.... that's just not right.

You silly goose.

PS the thing about life in prison was pretty hillarious

-Alee
edit on 11/1/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Lol

It's not a job or responsibility, it's called not being a self-centered, pretentious prick with your head in the sand hoping someone else will do or say what you're too afraid to. Protecting yourself and those around you has nothing to do with being a vigilante, it's a moral imperative. Some folks have that in them, obviously you don't.

I see, so im a self centered prick because i dont walk around with a gun ready to take the law into my own hands?

And your anger and judgmental attitude in this thread only reinforce that i dont want to live anywhere where people like you open carry while thinking you are doing some sort of civic duty. Scary...very scary,

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
For what it's worth, I dressed up as a creepy clown (just a full-head mask) last night, and I didn't get assaulted, shot, or even questioned, even when police drove by on multiple occasions throughout the night.

Again, this whole clown thing has been over-exaggerated and promoted to the point of stupidity.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Waked the neighborhood just fine last night, not a single thing off-kilter. 2 parents dressed as evil clowns (stop the presses, OMG!) They bothered no one, no one bothered them. I didn't even notice them until my husband pointed them out and said "Am I supposed to go full retard and shoot them now?" We may or may not have mocked TF out of the FL sissies before we started walking.

Anyway, we had fun and no one was injured by overreacting idiots.
edit on 11/1/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Lol

I see, so im a self centered prick because i dont walk around with a gun ready to take the law into my own hands?

And your anger and judgmental attitude in this thread only reinforce that i dont want to live anywhere where people like you open carry while thinking you are doing some sort of civic duty. Scary...very scary,

Tend to agree with you. The most dangerous trigger-fingers are the vigilante wannabes with the patience & reasoning of a 5 year old.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join