It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ausralia Legalizes Medicinal Marijuana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

“Until now, it has been difficult for patients to access medicinal cannabis products from overseas sources,” Federal Health Minister Sussan Ley said in a statement released on Sunday. “These new laws change that situation by providing for a domestic supply of medicinal cannabis products that are not readily available for import.”

Well I'm glad to hear good news from a country with insane laws and policies on videos games...
it seems Australia's insane administration has finally seen the light on cannabis health benefits and has legalized the use of medicinal use of cannabis for patients.

Hail to the Australians who advocate for medicinal hemp and marijuana use!
May you be an example for other countries around the world...

Link

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

It's a start indeed, but only a start.

From your link:

However, while pharmaceuticals will gain an advantage from the new law, recreational pot smokers are left disappointed, as consuming marijuana still remains a criminal activity.

As long it is behind medical subscriptions and controlled supply... nothing changes really.

( Edit: exemption, as you stated: It does for patients who had previously no acces to it )

edit on 31-10-2016 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Slowly but surely the people of the world will get their medicine, food, and resource back.

I truly is a crime against humanity to have banned such a wonderful plant, it has gone on long enough!

To the people of Australia

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Good on them. I wish we had it in the UK I am allergic to all painkillers apart from morphiates so I use it to relieve pain...my back at the moment.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I never have gotten a rational answer as to why its banned nearly globally for simple rec use. Hell of a lot more tame than alcohol, and its personal choice that doesn't have a side effect of going insane or anything like a hard drug does...
makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I thought it was to do with the oil companies more in the 20's I think they knew it could be used for fuel but they wanted to sell all the black stuff they had found so they demonised it.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Sounds like what they recently
did with Mexico.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Big pharma 1
Sheeps 0

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

I think so too

And of course the pharmaceutical industrial complex.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Do I live in "Ausralia" now.

I thought it was "Strayla"

On track, I don't smoke cannabis but I'm all for legalising medical cannabis to help any suffering. "Crikey" I live on 100 acres.

I can feel a scam coming on.

Kind regards as always,

bally

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

It's legal in Canada and Mexico.

In Canada you can walk into a store and buy whatever you like, brownies, blunts, anything and they don't even ask for your ID.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Gotta love Canadia,,,err,,,cough I mean Canada.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Gotta love Canadia,,,err,,,cough I mean Canada.

lol i agree

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Does any Canadian need a medieval Butler? room and food and the odd day off will do me

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Does any Canadian need a medieval Butler? room and food and the odd day off will do me

Hell yeah! lol If i ever need a butler i'll call you!

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   

It is my grand plan moving to Canada before I'm 50. Would have been AUS but the drop bears.....

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I know,alcohol has way more negative side affects than pot yet for economical reasons eg. hemp sales affecting the paper,oil and timber industries. The propaganda has ran so deep that you have people whom are against all drugs entirely regardless of their medicinal affects and energy capabilities...

This is anecdotal btw, I was in a conversation with a woman whom I've known since childhood. She was totally against the idea of even discussing the fact that Heath Ledger died on prescription medication. It showed me how ignorant and brain washed the "anti-drug" camp really is.
# it, go smoke some hemp man!
May Satan bless all of you!

edit on 10am31America/Chicago3106America/Chicagoam1042 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join