It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin warns that Russia will continue its aggression and NEVER back down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   

“Do you want us to do nothing about it when they take hostages in cities? Do we leave them alone?”

He cited Israel as a good example of a country effectively countering terrorism.

He told the gathering: “Learn from Israel – it never lets go. They fight until the end. That’s why it exists at all. There is not other option. We have to fight. If we let things slide, we will always lose.”
SOURCE

Russia can't back down because it believes its survival as a nation is on the line. That's the main point I've been trying to get across here for weeks.

The simple reasons WW3 over Syria makes sense

Now that Putin has said it explicitly, people can't claim it's just an opinion anymore. It is Russia's official stance.

What does this mean for a potential showdown between a probable Clinton administration versus Russia? I don't expect either of them to back down. Clinton is too egotistical and psychopathic. Putin thinks Russia's existence is on the line. How do you see it?
edit on 30-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Nuke NY and LA first.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The tone of the article is a little bit perplexing considering that Russia is not the aggressor in this situation.

It has been known that the neocons in America had a plan for the middle east, infamously described by General Wesley Clark as the seven countries in 5 years outline.

Russia is defending Syria, which just so happened to be on the list of victims that were in the sights of the western war machine. NATO's support of this plan has been painfully obvious.

edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Putin isn't stupid. He knows what he is up against.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So russia is the agressor?
Ah come on

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Wow, blatant anti-Russian propaganda.

Oh it's the Sun. What a surprise.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Things changed in a huge way recently.

Russian-Iranian Cooperation to Bring Peace, Stability to Middle East – Iran's FM

"A very close link between Russia and Iran was established and this close link will bring peace and stability to the region, to our countries and will lead to security in general.  We also want to point out how crucial it is to maintain cooperation in the humanitarian track between the countries and in Syria," Zarif said.
SOURCE

I predicted Russia/China/Iran versus NATO/Europe weeks ago.

Beijing's "Pivot to the Middle East": China Joins Russia in Syria, Shaping New "Anti-Terrorist Alliance" Against Washington?

I've read speculation that the rest of BRICS would side with Russia and China. My feeling is that this is going to come down to the superpowers, and the lesser countries will hardly be a factor.

WW3 would be evil against evil. I would find it hard to root for either side.
edit on 31-10-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

This is exactly why I would vote for Trump if I was an American citizen.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Actually, I was hoping they'd leave New York and Los Angeles (two centers of great cultural significance) alone and, if nukes really must fall, may they fall on whatever backwards and insignificant little pool of mud you happen to inhabit.

LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Russia is in no where near Israels position. Sytia is it's own country. So there for they aren't fighting for Russia. I like his choice of word play if it was factual.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Your article misquoted him he was talking about terrorists. He is under alot of heat for the Russian bombings in Aleppo killing thousands of civilians. What he is saying is when dealing with terrorists you have to destroy them even if they take civilian hostages. Hes basically saying yes civilians will die since Isis is holding them hostage but you still need to kill the terrorists any way. Now i dont agree with this line of thought at all but then again Russia has never been big on human rights and will often put national security over them.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I predicted Russia/China/Iran versus NATO/Europe weeks ago.

Most people predicted this years ago, they are allies......

WW3 would be evil against evil. I would find it hard to root for either side.

Yes and the aggressors seems to be the USA, does this make them evil and Russia Morally good?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Figures Ivan wades wast deep into civilian blood where WE avoid them and get NUKED by media when they get hit.
SAME ol two faces.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Remember, Russia is more prepared for this than the west. How many Russians took part in nuclear war drills last month? 40 million?

a reply to: dragonridr

We did it in WW2. Dresden, Hiroshima, Nagasaki and so on.
edit on 31-10-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2016 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

No - Putin can't back down because he is mistaking himself for Russia. His propaganda blitz effectively backed himself into a corner. By hyping up these false threats to Russia he has forced himself into the position of having to constantly up the ante or look weak. Given his ego he will start a war before he admits he is a failure as a leader in the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Cav...

I do not call unleashing proxy armies like AQ, IS, and others on downtrodden, powerless populations over the course of decades, avoiding civilian casualties. I call that murder on a grand scale. The air striking of hospitals and weddings, markets and bazaars, and other collateral heavy targets is only the icing on a cake made of corpses, and all the Pentagon top brass are sitting around a table wearing chef hats, and gesticulating wildly with their spoons.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
another day and another aggressive Russia thread...

Putin warns that Russia will continue its aggression and NEVER back down

Clinton warns that America will continue its aggression and NEVER back down

Media warns it will continue to deceive the People and NEVER back down

pfff... so simple so pathetic... humanity heading towards wwiii.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

It's all a conspiracy. They want to rid the world of nationalistic pride and the easiest way of doing that is to make Russia seem like a nation that is overly proud and have lost what it means to be humanitarians in the 21st century.

Why are they doing this?

It's simple, the world needs only one government, it's taking too long to get there.

Maybe I jest, in all honesty the West is pretty much aligned in most aspects of government, social and economic life and the things on the horizon that are coming would appear to suit our way of life more. Over the next few years benefits for those on the poverty line in the UK will receive Universal Credit, I see a world in the future where all will receive (everyone everywhere) Universal Credit. Like it or not the world is heading into a reality that can only be fed with more autonomous production and farming, that means even less jobs for the future.

Conflict is a usual excuse not to do things, Israel and Russia just so happen to do good things still despite the historic or recent grief they've endured. The Ross sea in the Antarctic for instance, the world just recently agreed to make it a reserve for the next 35 years, Russia and China included.

I guess the point I'm poorly making is that eventually Russians, Israelis etc will be sick of being isolated. There are things this world must accept and quite frankly most people want. Things like rights, ecological protection and the ability to live without the worries of how to acquire the most basic things to survive.

Conflict, it's a damn good excuse for people not to live.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Your source is a well known tabloid not to be trusted as a precise quote making.

RT on the other hand keeps finding another kind of quotes from Putin, where he is trolling USA

Putin: 'America is a great nation, not some banana republic. Correct me if I'm wrong'

youtu.be...

In reality, though, Putin is less sharp with his speeches as both sources claim.

Now, I'm watching QA part of Valdai conference, still haven't heard what Sun was reporting , but one typical joke from Putin
"There is nothing particularly bad to be a spy"

youtu.be...

edit on 31-10-2016 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join