It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A feel good story if your Christian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I personally hope this doesn't end up in someone attacking this story for no real reason as this isn't an attack on any religion, it is just a feel good story, actually regardless of religion but more so if you are christian.

My philosophy professor was talking about souls and the different philosopher's oppinions on it. Then she got onto the topic of out of body expierences and had a close friend who had one. This lady was pregnant at the time of this. So, apparently one evening she woke up in the middle of the night. There was this man standing in the back corner of the room, she couldn't really make out his face at this point. But then it started coming closer, and she can make out the face a little more, and it doesn't look quite so human anymore, the face is different. So, she gets out of bed, who knows why maybe you have no fear at this point, and she looks down at her body and sees she is no longer in her body. Then this thing tells her she has a decision to make. Either she has to die, or her unborn baby has to die. This woman being christian than rebukes this creature in the name of Jesus, and apparently the thing took a few steps back like it was scared, then she rebukes it for a second time in the name of Jesus and the thing goes running out of the house. She goes back in her body, and her body at this point is awake as would yours if you were awake in soul form, and she goes to bed, i am only assuming a little later. The baby and her go on and live.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It is a very nice story, I agree...but I am missing the point

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Ryan, wow. That's a story that most people will not be able to understand. It has a lot of spiritual warfare concepts that even general Christianity isn't ready to accept.

I will say, flat out, I have no doubt your story is true. I have experienced many battles like this in my time, and nothing you mentioned in my story have I not experienced. (I'm an idiot, though. I'm one of those Derek Prince readers who seeks spiritual battles...)

I doubt you're going to find people who understand the significance of this story, though. That was a spiritual battle, and I hope you learned from it. If you haven't experienced one already, you will. Exercist, Hostage to the Devil, and the like don't begin to touch on the surface. The exercist was horribly inaccurate to the Christian experience, as was Hostage To The Devil, because the true Christian would know they couldn't fight Deamons on their own by their merrits alone. Yet that is what the Catholic religion preaches. Your story of spiritual battle is far closer to the reality, when using Christ Jesus to fight your battle, than the stories before mentioned.

I suspect you're going to find people confused and not understanding the point of your story. That's kind of sad, though I don't really see it as one of claiming for Christ so much as reclaiming for Christ. Most of the people on this site are either Unitarian or Athiests (I capitalize because it's a religion
) As a result, they won't understand this. I fought one spiritual battle as an athiest, and it was vastly different than those I fight today. This story would have made no sense to me back then. Today, it makes perfect sense, but then...

If you ever get the chance and choose to, shake your professor's hand and tell him some dude from the internet told him to keep fighting Christ's battle.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

I doubt you're going to find people who understand the significance of this story, though.

No..I understand the significance and what he is saying, I am an intelligent woman...I don't know what discussion he is trying to start here as he stated right off that he didn't want any attacks (different opinions?) so what is the point in "Conspiracies in Religions " is he trying to make...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I dunno, it sounds a lot like a "false awakening" dream. You dream that you get up from bed but you are still asleep. Often times you will leave your body behind, and you often see disturbing figures or shadows that can cause paralyzing fear (though that is often the result of sleep paralysis), but this sounds more psychological than spiritual.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have before experiences like that, I have been out of my body when something comes around which feels not to friendly but because I don't believe in devils, I just tell them to show their true self and that is all it takes.

Also I when I am out of my body I actually don't want to go back to my body, I hear voices telling me that is not my time and i need to go back.

I believe that depending of our believes is the interpretation we give about things that happends to us in the supernatural realm.

I don't see apparitions as evil, but I can feel when they are friendly to me or unfriendly.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
this is off topic but you know marg, i always thought you and LadyV were the same person, but it just occured to me your not after seeing you both post in the same thread. I dont mean same person as in using 2 names, just i never really realized that you 2 were 2 different people... really off topic.

Now, i dont know whether this story is true or false, or it is a false awkening, but i just thought it was a nice story.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Ryann it has to do with the way we perceived things and the interpretations we may give, if we were all the same the world will be a very boring place indeed.

Perhaps your story is real or perhaps is not, but I can relay on the story because personal experiences.

Is a lot that I can see and know, since i was a child but as I have grown old I am more to myself, and when somebody post something that I have experienced real or not, I like to share.

I don't do these all them time, but onces in a while.

And your thread kind of bring something that happened to me before, actually quite often if I may said.

Nice story anyway.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
From my experience, things like this do happen. If you want books to read on this, read They Shall Expel and Spiritual Warfare, both by Derek Prince. Stuff like this does happen, I've experienced it myself on a few occasions. Lemme tell ya, too, a lot worse happens than this with a happy ending. I'm just starting off my spiritual walk, I've been a Christian for but 5 years, yet have been attacked in this regard. There have been times where they almost won. There is no doubt that, as I grow in Christ, the attacks will become more powerful than those detailed by Ryan. I, personally, won't share any of my attacks. They really suck, but they cause me to grow as a Christian. Lemme just say that Christ was (believe it or not) right when he said you will not be faced with a battle you cannot overcome. I have lost some spiritual battles, but afterwards, the victory strategy was pretty darn obvious to me.

Sleep paralysis is something I've never experienced. My body's reacted quite the opposite in some battles, but I've never been unable to move. Seriously, any Christians out there should really read Derek Prince. As Christ once said, let he who has ears hear. I doubt many outside of the Christian faith will gain much by Derek Prince, but those devoted to Christ should.

Rock, rock on. My birds want to hang, so I'm goint to quit typing and hang with them. Ciao.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is off topic also...but since we're telling stories, though this isn't really a story per say....I had a particular experience that is true but people always tell me it was nothing, me being me, I know better...it was a dream but it was too real. It wasn't an OOBE...I know the difference. I was standing in a mist, it was extremely white and bright....like sparkles from a silver fireworks display...a man walked up to me in the same sparely clothing, you couldn't see his face, but his voice was very smooth and relaxing and he said..."stop worrying, your doing fine...you have overcome a great deal, and still have great mountains to cross....but you will cross them".....when I woke up I felt really clean and refreshed and alive.....
Just thought I'd tell my little story, I don't usually get into doing this on boards...oh well...
Didn't mean to thread jack.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
WHEN THE HECK DID I STOP BEING JAKE AND BECOME JACK?!

Sorry, just a lot of people lately are calling me Jack...Dock me the 100 if you need to.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   

or are just thread jacking too...otherwise it must be over my head....cause I don't get it...

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

or are just thread jacking too...otherwise it must be over my head....cause I don't get it...

Sorry, combining several threads into one rant. There are a couple others where I'm refered to as "Jack" and you made a reference to "Jack", so I assumed, making an ass outta you and me

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

and you made a reference to "Jack", so I assumed, making an ass outta you and me

Oh..ok...but I was naming a "thread Jack"...that's what it's call when you "jack" someone else's thread...you know, like a "car" jack? See? LOL, we're doing it again....

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Nice story. Really interesting and I can understand a lot of aspects of it. I have had something like this, not an OOB, I get that "feeling" of famility with this. I don't normally share this since it seems rather far fetched and could be easily made up.

At the time it was about 2 months after I was converted (when I was 20), and still was learning what it was like to be a Christian. or even BEING a christian. I was walking after driving into town after an argument I had with my parents. I was thinking of a lot of not nice thoughts, hurting them, and such. Then I realized this wasn't right, and said to myself "Get away from me satan, you have no power over me" and then It felt like water rushed down my whole body and I didn't have those bad thoughts anymore. I only can explain it that the Holy spirit took hold of me. But to this day I am in awe of what happened

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Oh..ok...but I was naming a "thread Jack"...that's what it's call when you "jack" someone else's thread...you know, like a "car" jack? See? LOL, we're doing it again....

LOL Can we say someone may be a little arrogant? Naturally, any possible word sounding like Jake must be reffering to me...Think I'll go Jake off with some sandpaper...

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   

No..I understand the significance and what he is saying, I am an intelligent woman...

can intelligence be measured? if so how.
maybe intelligence is in the eye of the beholder
ignorance

[edit on 12/17/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Jan, 26 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Not attacking anyone here, but a friend of mine's mother (who I have referred to about a million times on this forum) told me the exact same story.

Now, as far as born again christian belief, their is no such thing as ghosts, and angels never appear...well, pentecostal that is. If you see an angel, or ghost, it is actually a demon trying to trick you. That is the opinion of someone who I personally think is completely insane.

I feel that your story is actually the exact SAME story told to me. It probably made its way around through christian urban legends and such. It honestly does not make me feel good. If anything, it could only upset me......

posted on Jan, 28 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
i know a bunch of people with the same type of story and I guess I believe it, I'm not sure, but more evidence for me would help.

There are actually two ways of looking at it. There's a spiritual standpoint as well as a psychological one.

The spiritual one is the one that everyone's saying, it's really a demon trying to kind of possess you. My pastor's told me that he had the same type of experience and its happened more than once to him. I've also seen a bunch of documentaries on this type of thing, i'm a little morbid.

There's also a sleeping disorder, sorry, i don't remember what it's called, you should be able to research it. But i saw it on the discovery channel. Normally, we dream when our minds are in the deepest level of sleep, but people with this disorder sometimes have overly active minds even when they're not fast asleep. It's a bit like dreaming and not being totally awake or asleep at the same time. The difference between what's in your mind and what's happening in reality is a blur. Some times it goes as far as you becoming partially paralyzed temporarily.

who knows? it could be one or the other, or it could be both.

top topics

join