It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people say I am racist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Spider879

I have a thought to ponder.

What-say-you....if you were totally blind? Presented that way...looks wouldnt matter. Neither I'd imagine may be body type as well. How would that work?

"Hello. Can I feel your hips and your.....to see if youre my type?"

To all the woman in the world...and men...we shouldnt be so visual, but we are. And thats sad. It should be in a persons attitude and soul on the inside...and not on outward looks alone and "types".

You telling me I gotta care about a persons soul and attitude on the inside for a one night stand? Give me a break. For just a quick bang - its all visual for me, and asian and black women are out of the equation for that unless one really stands out for me.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marcus069

Your comment is racist; you are discriminating against entire races.

So I should have sex with someone I am not attracted to so as not to discriminate?

I didn't say that racism is 'good' or 'bad', that we are 'good' or 'evil'.
I said that we are all racists, either practicing or recovering.
We have no choice in who and what we are. I was merely pointing out the fruit of my research.
If I find a certain combination of physical features attractive, I can find them under all colors of skin.
When the skin color becomes a factor. that is an indicator of what we call 'racism'.
There are those who like fat chix, ... our natures are discriminatory in that way, but when the discrimination is over color...
I'm not saying that you are evil for being a practicing racist, I'm just reflecting something that you seem to rather deny.

In the end, all Love is Self Love, all hate is Self hate, all judgment is Self judgment...

Enlightenment is unconditional Love!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

When I say I am not sexually attracted to black or asian women I am considered by some people to be racist. I mean seriously, how the f**k is this considered to be racist? Its a sexual preference. I cant help it if I am not attracted to them. Its just ridiculous.

There is nothing racist about that. Don't let people use that to silence you. It's a sexual preference. I remember hearing someone discus this exact same situation and a black girl was telling the white guy that he has been 'trained' to like white woman because we live in a Eurocentric society. (Keep in mind his whole family is white British) common sense he would gravitate towards a white woman. Sometimes people are attracted to the opposite sex who share similar features as you.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Okay, to clear things up.
I am not generally attracted to Asian women because I dont like their small petite frames and flat chests/flat butts. I am not attracted to black women because I dont like the pink cushion contrast and extra big butts.

You can call me shallow - thats fine. But stop calling me racist!

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: Marcus069

Not even these 2?
Mind you, asian is a wee bit broad.😊

There are exceptions to the rule, but notice how Western looking they are.

I don't know if you're racist because I'm not psychic, and I don't like to judge people. That said, the two above quotes are more problematic imo than your opening post.

Not being attracted to someone due to intrinsic habit or tendency or what not is one thing. Ascribing certain features to an entire ethnic group, and then suggesting that other features they display in those "exceptions" are "Western" looking (by extension potentially implying that those ethnicities when not displaying said features aren't part of Western culture or style/aesthetic) is ... potentially problematic, let's just say.

Also bear in mind, most racist people... truly don't believe or know they're racist. That's sort of the problem with racism.

That said, I'm not going to assert that you're racist. Nor would I, even if you were, call you a bad or evil person for that. That's not my judgment to make, and I bear no one any ill will. It's just something to consider.

All of that having been said, 1) This is the rant section, 2) this is a topic about racism, 3) this is the internet, and 4) I have social anxiety, so I'm going to leave now lol. This can only end with discomfort (not least of which, for me.) Again I wish to stress... I am not condemning you as a person.

Peace.

edit on 11/1/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Not being attracted to someone due to intrinsic habit or tendency or what not is one thing. Ascribing certain features to an entire ethnic group, and then suggesting that other features they display in those "exceptions" are "Western" looking (by extension potentially implying that those ethnicities when not displaying said features aren't part of Western culture or style/aesthetic) is ... potentially problematic, let's just say.

Why is it problematic? If I find some asian women who have had eye surgery to make their eyes oval, and made their face more oval, and pumped up their breasts, had butt implants - then yeah, I will find that hot and be much more attracted to them. Whats wrong with calling that a 'Western' look?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Anyway, people, thanks for all your replies and for the ones that supported me, special thanks. I think I am always gonna get a minority who will consider me 'techically' racist for my biological sexual preference even though I hang out with some asian and black women at college and consider them great friends. I guess its just the times we live in.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Why is it problematic? If I find some asian women who have had eye surgery to make their eyes oval, and made their face more oval, and pumped up their breasts, had butt implants - then yeah, I will find that hot and be much more attracted to them. Whats wrong with calling that a 'Western' look?

I think you kinda missed his point Bootyliciosus is very much a part of Western Culture now and so is fuller lips leading to the awful practice of lip injection, when I was younger white guys were into small butts recently there have been a shift due mainly to cultural and aesthetic assertion coming from non white ethnics, again I don't think you are racist based on your preference for certain types of women due to what would be consider your somatic norm, it's your assumptions about culture I may have issues with.
edit on 1-11-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join