It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Apparently there are many that do not understand the meaning of Revolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

I do weep a bitter tear REMF.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
I think most of those people do the screeching about a revolution are seated safely in their studios or their basements. They've never seen war nor have they ever read any accounts of war. Diaries of people involved in the US rebellion against England tell of the daily hell they endured. Same for the war of Northern Aggression. No sane person wants his family, friends and neighbors to endure war.
Nobody wants to live under martial law. It's no fun at all.
A revolution takes an amazing amount of leadership ability by many, many people, not just "the leader." Dr. King was the last real leader I can think of. John and Robert Kennedy seemed to have true leadership qualities. We see what happened to them.
An article I read recently reported that a study has shown that 40% of the population of the US is taking at least one legal, mind-altering drug on a daily basis. That percentage is substantially higher in the 12-30 year-old demographic. Perhaps if BigPharma were to suddenly be disabled and those folks didn't get their meds---things might deteriorate quickly?
My vote will be for Gary Johnson because he does have proven leadership qualities. He's proved he can run and grow a small business into a big business. He has proven that he understands government and how it works well when the good of people comes first. He has no political or personal baggage as far as I can find out, so he won't be under FBI investigation for his entire term.

I expect that on the day after the election there will be much screeching and gnashing of teeth. Social media will "blow up" I'm sure. But I and the other folks in my neighborhood and community will get up and go to work just like every other Wednesday. We'll be clearing summer debris from our yards, gardens and flower beds. Getting our winter gardens tucked in and enjoying some locally produced apple cider. That evening there will be a meeting of citizens to discuss making recycling easier in the city and county. There will be Democrats and Republicans and independents at the meeting and we will all be concerned about making the county a better place to live. I don't see any of our community leaders wanting a rebellion. I see a lot of keyboard warriors and hear a lot of talking head warriors. People who are actually terrified of the thought of not having access to the internet---because their entire life is dependent on virtual reality!

...As a person with some interest and concern about this subject area,
I suspect that there will be some open civil disobedience after the
2016 Election from every side and probably a riot or two in certain
cities such as LA or Chicago, but after that I suspect things will
cool down quite a bit ESPECIALLY after some more Wikileaks
documents get completely leaked!

Then EVERY SIDE will be smacked on all sides of the head
from almost EVERY domestic and foreign media outlet to
such an extent that I actually see a possible resignation
and a possible national re-vote by mid next year!

---

Will there be widespread revolution...???

Normally I would say Unlikely...but JUST IN CASE,
some "Powerful People" I know say they have
foreseen and prepared just for such a possibility
and that their abilities are such that I personally
am quite confident that such an eventuality
is unlikely if not near impossible!

BUT --- I do suggest y'all Prep Yourselves
with Basic Emergency Supplies and also
DO LOCK AND LOAD in your favorite
bug-out locations just to be on the
safe side!

---

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Revolts are always spontaneous.

All it takes is just one person to set the fire and the blaze will follow.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

And I do suggest as a candidate for the next election
be Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson who is not only beefy
in body --- i.e. easily a match for Putin --- but also
beefy in the Mind and since he was born in California
he is a Natural Born US Citizen (although he does have
one Canadian-born parent), he CAN be President.

And since America has ALREADY voted one actor
into the Presidency (i.e. Ronald Reagan in 1980),
another actor such as Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
would be a formidable and very electable candidate,
if not an actual President!

Who's with me on that Idea?

edit on 2016/10/31 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Can a revolt happen, maybe, but there is no one worth a snap that is a leader.

The Civil war was the last opportunity for the American people to stand up to their corrupt leaders.
If a revolution were to miraculously happen, it would end in a blood bath of millions of Americans dead.
I wish you're people the best in getting rid of the corrupt rulers who oversee your country.
If you succeed, I only hope you don't make the same mistakes as your predecessors.

As much as I criticize the USA, I bless all of you.
I love you all.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NateTheAnimator

I second that, what a nice thing to say!

We need more prayer for America.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

...Tens of millions of Americans will refuse to comply with an order that is clearly a violation of the explicit intent of the Second Amendment. Among the most ardent opposing these measures will be military veterans, active duty servicemen, and local law enforcement officers. Many of these individuals will refuse to carry out what they view as Constitutionally illegal orders. Perhaps 40-50 million citizens will view such a law as treason. Perhaps ten percent of those, 4-5 million, would support a rebellion in some way, and maybe 40,000-100,000 Americans will form small independently-functioning active resistance cells, or become lone-wolves...

And all because of a bunch of right-wing gun nuts.

This is an interesting read, and I don't doubt that it could eventuate. It's unfortunate that so many Americans may consider "liberty" to be synonymous with the 2nd Amendment. As it's just an Amendment, it can certainly change. As America is a very, very sick country, it certainly should change.

Just a shame more Americans aren't better educated.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

you need that anti propandized pill that's the top medication seller on ebay ,dont worry buz me ill send you one or 100 if
they're sold out.
Do me a favour though bruv i need a Kermit the frog outfit for a fancy dress party you have one right? you muppet.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

Agreed that we should all be prepped for any of several disasters. I just tend to think that Mother Nature is a more serious threat than any of my fellow community members.
I'm old enough to remember the dire predictions when Reagan was running against Carter. Society was a bit more refined then but the campaign was nasty nonetheless. Democrats convinced themselves that if he were elected he would have us in a nuclear war with Russia within three months. Sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Why isn't the populatist movement that is happening now the start of a revolution? It could eventually include arms but seems this movement could do wonders if the populace got with term limits, limits to lobbying etc. Finding their voice makes a difference could at least be the start of something larger

Problem with this is that anytime anyone credible and capable finds their voice they end up shooting themselves twice in the back of the head or being killed in some freak automobile or air plane accident and sometimes suffering a heart attack.
edit on 31-10-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Definitely.

I'm already concerned about the next election. They seem to me to be getting exponentially worse.

I hate to imagine what 2020 might be like.

My biggest fear, is that with the stupidity on both sides this election cycle, we will never see another GOOD candidate from either side. A middle of the road candidate will not stand a chance, as we have seen in this cycle.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: watchitburn

Definitely.

I'm already concerned about the next election. They seem to me to be getting exponentially worse.

I hate to imagine what 2020 might be like.

My biggest fear, is that with the stupidity on both sides this election cycle, we will never see another GOOD candidate from either side. A middle of the road candidate will not stand a chance, as we have seen in this cycle.

====

Then let's go one better and enact someone
who could grand-slam ANY opponent with both
body and mind....say a former WWE WRESTLER....

......so how about .....

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson for President in 2020!

and for Vice-President let's go for some
BIG BRAINS to add into the mix, so let's go
for James Woods who has an IQ in the
high 140's with a nearly 100% on his SAT
scores at 800 on his Verbals and 779 on
his math portion.

And after playing interesting characters
in multiple 1970's, 1980's, 1990s, 2000's and
later TV shows and movies, I think he's got
enough acting-experience bases covered
that he has some automatically built-in
foreign policy chops for that position.

"The Rock" and James Woods in 2020!

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUMBLE !!!!!!!!!

edit on 2016/10/31 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

If you want to know how a revolution starts and ends you can study the French revolution.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm a proud 3 percenter....look up the definition and where the term derived from. I agree however, you and a gang of followers most likely would be plucked before anything of value was accomplished. Say a thousand followers in all the states? Well now I'm listening. I think it is safe to say, some states would be far more than a 1000, but that's a conservative number to size up the chances. From my personal experiences, militias are not nearly as organized as they should be/need to be. I'm not saying all, I have no clue to that level.
We are nearing the apex, when we start heading down that mountain, we could very well be slaves to our government. There is much weighing on the outcome of this election. With all the illegal Clinton activity, if she is victorious, you know TPTB are putting their final plans in place, and they don't even care if they just have to take Hillary Clinton's jail time off the table while under scrutiny.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Bernie was a populist movement too, and one that I agreed with somewhat. The populist movement surrounding Trump wants to set the USA back 100 years.

The populist movement getting Bill Clinton in office in 1992 resulted in the 1999 repealing of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933. Setting us back 76 years.

So really the populist movement surrounding Trump today would set us back 17-(76+100) years or 159 years.

Get your math right.

So Trump's got to overcome 159 years in 8 days. Pretty overwhelming odds for the United States of America wouldn't you say?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Probably contiguous states will not secede, as happened for the first North American Civil War. Most likely this time, rural areas will secede from urban areas, and state lines will be less meaningful.

The current divide in North America is less State government oriented, and more urban versus rural oriented, IMHO

But there really could be a civil war coming. Blue and Red hate each other ... and the fires are still being stoked.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fowlerstoad
a reply to: schuyler

Probably contiguous states will not secede, as happened for the first North American Civil War. Most likely this time, rural areas will secede from urban areas, and state lines will be less meaningful.

The current divide in North America is less State government oriented, and more urban versus rural oriented, IMHO

But there really could be a civil war coming. Blue and Red hate each other ... and the fires are still being stoked.

You have ABSOLUTELY hit the nail on the head!

AND...it's not just Urban vs Rural but also a matter
of educational level (aka cognitive stratification!)
Red states tend to be the high-school and two year
college-oriented folks while city-dwellers/suburbanites
are either well educated (4+ year degrees) or are dirt poor
sub-high school education levels who overwhelmingly vote
Democrat than Republican for both business and personal
welfare checks!

So I am going to say that I personally beleive a civil war-like scenario
will ONLY OCCUR in the largest poor sections of some major US cities
such as LA, Chicago and Baltimore and DC area and even those will
be more like what happened in Ferguson and be mostly short-term
in nature...I HIGHLY DOUBT it will be in Sarajevo or Bosnia/Herzegovina.
In those places, it was dgging dead babies out of mass graves time!

I doubt that would happen here but you never know!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Its ok Putin will save this country, by nuking cities, leaving rural areas untouched.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So who's going to be shooting whom during this insurection/revolution?

Given that the supporters of Team Trump and Team Hillary are nationwide, is someone suggesting a "Purge" type situation? Sure there are some geographical groupings of each Team's followers, but not enough for any sort of distinction or front to develop.

There is no invading army, nor regional conflict to be fought.

The talk of revolution seems to have not been thought through very well, sorry.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Hello FBI the woman you should be focusing on does post here and under many aliases. She won't be hard to find.

Seriously, you want a leader of what would have to be a secretive group with a plot that would have them imprisoned for life to lay it all out for you here on the internet, just to prove to you that there are "actual leaders" out there??..

I'm not sure if you are drunk or a woman or perhaps both, but an "actual leader" probably wouldn't spill the beans on ATS so they can all be immediately Guantanamo'd.

Someone suspend this account or at least warn him, is it OK to ask people to discuss this type of activity here? I mean for God's sake I get warnings and my post deleted for calling a shill a shill.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join