It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Apparently there are many that do not understand the meaning of Revolution

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

With what? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I agree on all points.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Because the other side is a disorganized mess loosely affiliated by a shared hatred of whatever their TVs or Facebook tells them to hate?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Because the other side is a disorganized mess loosely affiliated by a shared hatred of whatever their TVs or Facebook tells them to hate?

I will honestly not disagree with you, but the only thing that your side has adhered to is 2A or ProLife, or both. Neither side is right, we all have our own opinions, and it is important that those be represented in DC. I am ProGun and ProChoice, who the hell do I vote for?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: watchitburn

There are actual reports of Trump supporters, even politicians, saying they will participate in armed rebellion if Hillary is elected. I have yet to hear a SJW talk of armed rebellion, they are more in favor of Democracy without armed conflict.

They're more in favor of burning down their own neighborhoods if they don't get their way, "occupying" Wall Street so they can demonstrate how to create filth and degradation, infiltrate Trump rallies to instigate violence, declare a war on cops. Wherever SJW's congregate you're sure to have a public health menace and trash to clean up afterwards. SJWs don't help BUILD society; they tear it down by any means necessary and don't care much what those means are if it serves their cause. Saul Allinsky and Che Guevara are their heroes. SJWs ARE in favor of armed rebellion, and if Trump wins, I can almost guarantee they will riot in the streets. Wait and see.

I am thinking there will be riots whoever is elected. I know we don't see eye to eye, but I wish you and your family safety.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I agree, and I'll qualify it by saying the only side I'm on is against Hillary.

I'm against religion, don't care who marries who, disagree with restricting abortion.

I'm no fan of Trump, but Hillary needs to be taken out back and executed.

I don't know who to vote for either, I was leaning towards Johnson, but the more I learned about him the more he looks like controlled opposition.

Is Stein worth a vote? I don't know enough about her.
edit on 30-10-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

We agree. I think that's what I said; or the gist of it. But also sometimes a necessity.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I agree, and I'll qualify it by saying the only side I'm on is against Hillary.

I'm against religion, don't care who marries who, disagree with restricting abortion.

I'm no fan of Trump, but Hillary needs to be taken out back and executed.

Then you and I will be on the same team, I do not like Hillary, I like Trump even less. I am going to write my dog in for Pres and focus on the down ballot.
edit on 10/30/2016 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

yep-totally-yep. And I "think" I'm non-violent-but changing-I think.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
We have had a fairly good conversation in here, and I know we all don't agree. But I am pretty certain in saying that Clinton or Trump do not represent any of us. We need to accept the next 4 years, and then try to change things.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Definitely.

I'm already concerned about the next election. They seem to me to be getting exponentially worse.

I hate to imagine what 2020 might be like.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

It's not allowed on ATS to call for revolution or protest so you're lying about that.

The only politicians I see calling for an armed revolt are republicans.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Why isn't the populatist movement that is happening now the start of a revolution? It could eventually include arms but seems this movement could do wonders if the populace got with term limits, limits to lobbying etc. Finding their voice makes a difference could at least be the start of something larger

I would say that yes it is Live. A populist movement. The big problem with this populist movement though is simple. It has been co-opted. By a billionaire, by a double talking two faced salesman.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

This is off your OP.
A problem I had with that Oregon standoff a year ago was just that. They claimed they were armed and would not be taken by force. Many people at the time were hoping it would ignite a revolution and all the good patriots would come out and help defend it. Start their own take overs other places. It didn't happen. Instead, all the supporters just went to the internet and talked.

Meanwhile those few in Oregon could only dig in and the few that ended up joining them seemed to be yayhoos.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think most of those people do the screeching about a revolution are seated safely in their studios or their basements. They've never seen war nor have they ever read any accounts of war. Diaries of people involved in the US rebellion against England tell of the daily hell they endured. Same for the war of Northern Aggression. No sane person wants his family, friends and neighbors to endure war.
Nobody wants to live under martial law. It's no fun at all.
A revolution takes an amazing amount of leadership ability by many, many people, not just "the leader." Dr. King was the last real leader I can think of. John and Robert Kennedy seemed to have true leadership qualities. We see what happened to them.
An article I read recently reported that a study has shown that 40% of the population of the US is taking at least one legal, mind-altering drug on a daily basis. That percentage is substantially higher in the 12-30 year-old demographic. Perhaps if BigPharma were to suddenly be disabled and those folks didn't get their meds---things might deteriorate quickly?
My vote will be for Gary Johnson because he does have proven leadership qualities. He's proved he can run and grow a small business into a big business. He has proven that he understands government and how it works well when the good of people comes first. He has no political or personal baggage as far as I can find out, so he won't be under FBI investigation for his entire term.

I expect that on the day after the election there will be much screeching and gnashing of teeth. Social media will "blow up" I'm sure. But I and the other folks in my neighborhood and community will get up and go to work just like every other Wednesday. We'll be clearing summer debris from our yards, gardens and flower beds. Getting our winter gardens tucked in and enjoying some locally produced apple cider. That evening there will be a meeting of citizens to discuss making recycling easier in the city and county. There will be Democrats and Republicans and independents at the meeting and we will all be concerned about making the county a better place to live. I don't see any of our community leaders wanting a rebellion. I see a lot of keyboard warriors and hear a lot of talking head warriors. People who are actually terrified of the thought of not having access to the internet---because their entire life is dependent on virtual reality!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Never trust those who think they can plan society through brute force. Revolution has always turned out to be a bad idea. Lives are lost, and the oppressed end up adapting the methods of their oppressors.

Meaningful change occurs in the beliefs , exchanges and conduct of everyday people.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

This won't happen, things seem to be coming to their senses, you see when Hillary fiddled with the intelligence security system,she got in"HELLS"way.
Our country doesn't function without it's security.
I was raised by a USAF officer.
WE won't enact any sort of pre emptive strike,before any major loss of life by a political act...other than the soldiers they can send to die,
The ranch protests have shown neither side ,accept for isolated incidents by the govt.,shot at each other enmasse.
the theory of the blood thirsty gun nut was dispelled that day ,these conspirators have reason to worry ,not us.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Plz bring back the guillotine, makes for a great show, off with there heads.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why a "revolution" attempt will die within hours of kicking off:

Military toys are way, WAY more advanced & better than yours. Enjoy dying before you know it happened.

Edit: And when I refer to "kicking off" here, I mean actual bullets-flying fighting, not the lead-up protesting/marches.
edit on 10/31/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Good thing you are where you are and haven't been where I have.
Deductive reasoning skills based on decades or reading ,light martial arts training and your current statements regarding what you think is inferior or superior and your ability to stop others based on your choices which I RATHER clearly now tell you ...no
WHAT the MOS hero ?
Unit ,action seen?
LOVE to hear this one

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join