It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If john titor "time travel" was real.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: digital01anarchy

You want to talk multiple universes?

I am up for that. You want to do it based on a defunct and erroneous tale, from a defunct and erroneous man? Not so much.

Sometimes a law is wrong though. Anytime you settle something n science its wrong to do so. Who knows our models might be wrong in the future. comparing modern science with cavemen so to speak. Didnt they say the"god particle" didnt exist and stated that science agreed?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I believe the "real" (original) John Titor was eventually found to be a lawyer in Florida:

In 2009, a report by John Hughston, who runs the Hoax Hunter website, named Larry Haber, a Florida entertainment lawyer, and John Rick Haber, his computer scientist brother, as the men behind John Titor. Larry Haber is the CEO of the John Titor Foundation, and an IP address connected with Titor points to the same town in which he registered it. A private detective hired by an Italian TV company concluded that John Rick, with his presumed computer knowledge, was the culprit. And Titor's name had actually been first used in 1998, with a different set of predictions (including chaos caused by the Y2K bug). Larry apparently claims to be the lawyer for John Titor's mother.

There are several people out there now claiming to be John Titor, one is actually on my FB friend list and I've talked to him a few times. Nice enough older guy, trying to sell hats, T shirts and Time TY traveler handbooks. I got one for free, pretty lame. I brought up a few things in chat I'd think the original Titor should know. This guy didn't

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I recognized it was a hoax from their direct supposed photographic evidence. It's easy to tag a hoax when they make scientific mistakes.

There was a photograph which supposedly showed a 'laser beam' bending because of the mini black hole in the supposed containment machine sitting in the seat of a car.

This showed just a curved red beam (which I think was a plastic internally lit fiber cable which is a common commercial item)---as a naive observer would expect from hearing that phrase. The problem was that the background was clear and unmolested. Actual gravitational lensing would affect all of space and everything would look very weird and distorted. It would take far more expert effort to simulate actual gravitational lensing that few could do---e.g. the effects crew of the Interstellar film who engaged actual gravitation modelers.

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

that hoax pic was // is my one killer ` goto ` argument against the titor lunacy - its amazing the mental gymnastics believers attempt to recconcile it

posted on Nov, 4 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That is factually incorrect.

There was absolutely never a time when the God Particle was ever considered not to exist. There was a period after the theory came about, in which it had not yet been proven. No scientist in the history of logical thinking, ever tried to prove the non-existence of a thing, certainly not with rationality as his or her guiding light, because it is impossible to prove a negative, only to prove a positive.

Now the theory is largely accepted in general terms, although discoveries being made by the LHC all the time will no doubt modify the understanding we have of that particular issue.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel
a reply to: TrueBrit

I recognized it was a hoax from their direct supposed photographic evidence. It's easy to tag a hoax when they make scientific mistakes.

There was a photograph which supposedly showed a 'laser beam' bending because of the mini black hole in the supposed containment machine sitting in the seat of a car.

This showed just a curved red beam (which I think was a plastic internally lit fiber cable which is a common commercial item)---as a naive observer would expect from hearing that phrase. The problem was that the background was clear and unmolested. Actual gravitational lensing would affect all of space and everything would look very weird and distorted. It would take far more expert effort to simulate actual gravitational lensing that few could do---e.g. the effects crew of the Interstellar film who engaged actual gravitation modelers.

The laser beam picture in my opinion put the nail in the coffin for john titor.

There is no way gravitational lensing would only distort the laser beam and not have an effect on the surrounding area. I'm not an expert on gravitational forces, but for sure if the gravity lensing can bend the laser beam (photon beam) then surely the light between the camera and the foreground would have some kind of distortion. Unless there's something we're missing? Does the gravitational lensing effect only effect certain types of light wavelengths? or to see distortion noticeable you would have to observe the area from a further distance?

Furthermore, why would he take such a mundane picture (in his time), and keep such a photo with him? Why wouldn't he take a picture (and keep) of something more fantastical, like the moment right beafore or after the vehicle time jumps? Or a wider angle of the device in operation?

Here's what I don't understand. Why would someone who is obviously intelligent, and has invested so much time to this story make an obvious mistake posting this picture to further make his claim believable? He should of known when examined people would scrutinize it.

I really wanted to believe that his fascinatating story was true, and devoured all info and "evidence" I could find via. The internet, for a long time. A lot of him story was believeable but there are details such as this photo that totally put his claim in heavy doubt.

posted on Jan, 10 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Once saw HUGE black triangles up close and personal, headed over Mingus Mnt towards Luke AFB, shortly there after I watched as technologies changed, how UFO reporting went way up and decided that the reverse technologies are probably from our own future rather than from crashed off world craft. When our pilots first started to learn to fly these types of new craft they were jerky and not very capable. Over time they got much much better and so there you have it. I believe in humans of our future coming here since 1987 and sharing a bit of technology with our AF, but with that prime directive could only give so much in trade for access to our land and timeline to capture some ugly criminals of the future that occasionally slip through. As for Titor, we have slipped so many times since his visit that it no longer applies to reality as we know it.

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
John Titor was a well played tall tale, nicely done and well written, should have been a novel.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join