It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
a reply to: jon1

Jon1 Please would you take the time to watch this.

Thank you in advance.

Not seen this video in about 2 years or so but certainly one of the brightest minds of our generation showing the very clear and obvious reasons for those that do not follow religion. Stephen puts it very elegantly here and nice to see others like yourself appreciating his words.

First, let me say your music is fantastic. Stephen Fry is an inspired genius, but I do believe n God and it's not like Santas Claus or a fairytale. Though my belief in God is more atypical than traditional. My beliefs fall into he holographic universe theory.

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66
Real Christians think that God is a person cause that's how he's presented in the bible and it has nothing to do with creating man(kind) in his image (and they would not teach as such creating more confusion about the subject). Or let's change the terminology "real Christians" to diligent students of the bible, not students of human theology (within Chrsitendom, which is part of Babylon the Great). With all due respect. Not judging but sharing my opinions and conclusions based on the evidence, including evidence from the bible (when compared with these human doctrines and confusing or vague theology, to present evidence from the bible that God is a person can be done much simpler and clearer, without adding vague theology and interpretations of how God creating mankind in his image is somehow related to God being a person).

God Is a Person

Jesus spoke about Jehovah’s dwelling place when he said to his disciples: “In the house of my father there are many abodes. . . . I am going my way to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2) Where did Jesus go? Eventually, he “entered . . . into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.” (Hebrews 9:24) This account teaches us two important facts about Jehovah God. First, he has a literal place of dwelling, and second, he is a person, not simply an indefinable force that resides everywhere.

And 3rd: Jesus is clearly not the God he's already appearing before.
Source: Is God Everywhere? Awake!—2005

Of course it's understandable (see my 3rd point again) why Trinitarians or those taking their information about the bible from similar sources (Babylon the Great) are not that fond of the verse in Hebrews 9:24 when talking about the subject of "the person of God" (preferring to bring up the subject of the creation of mankind in God's image instead, again, think about my 3rd point, also consider that the terminology in the bible is not "persons of God" as Trinitarians teach that God is 3 persons in 1 God). Not to mention some of them also teach that God is omnipresent, i.e. everywhere. Which has some connections to the teaching that God is everything (connected to Pantheism and Panentheism).
edit on 20-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I believe people have their beliefs and the right to do so.... evenif its contrary to my tradition.
So... I politely stated that I am a catholic. Said so with the intent to ward them off. Yet they insisted that I listen to their propaganda and convert. So... I said, politely, wait a moment. And they did. While out of their sights... I picked up my phone and called the police.
Had those jehovah witnesses thrown in jail for:
1) Trespassing...
2) Menacing...
3) Harassment...
4) Hate Crime....

Life Is Starting To Unravel....

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I think our understanding of God as an advanced being is limited to our undeveloped understanding. Like a caveman trying to understand an iPhone.
edit on 20-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic
a reply to: TzarChasm
Who said the universe had to be created? (I think W.L.Craig and the Kalam cosmological argument supporters and fans sometimes do this, i.e. Muslims and YEC's most of the time, but I didn't, the question was a rhetorical expression) If it has existed eternally it cannot be created any more than an eternal God otherwise it wouldn't have existed eternally if it was created (and you're back to talking about a logical contradiction: an eternal universe that supposedly came into existene by the process of creation or being created, thus it did not exist eternally).

Considering that, then the question remains whether or not the universe has existed eternally. I can see evidence and clues from the fields of physics and astronomy that that is not the case. Even Stephen Hawking isn't arguing for an eternal universe in his book "The Grand Design"; seeing that he's philosophizing and arguing that the universe has created itself (shortly after claiming "Philosophy is dead", ironically and to hide his own philosophizing and conflate philosophical naturalism with "science" some more). Which makes reasonable people who aren't as easily wooed, impressed and beguiled by impressive credentials and popularity within certain circles think about the question:

How does anything do anything when it doesn't even exist yet to do anything, let alone create itself when it doesn't even exist yet?

im not getting into an ontological discussion here as it would derail the thread, which is concerned with a hypothetical god validating leprechauns and other mythological creatures. my case still stands. disproving leprechauns is tantamount to disproving virtually any given god. you are welcome to demonstrate as much.

originally posted by: spy66
a reply to: TzarChasm

There are christians who thinks God in the bible is a person. since God created man (male and female) in his image.

There are many christians who thinks Jesus is God, (And that Jesus praid to him self when he was in flesh on Earth 2000 years ago).

Christians and non christians have been educated through different social chanels to have a specific personal image of God in their mind, just like you have. Even though the God in the Bible have stated who and what he is. And it is not even in the ball park of how you try to describe God. Even the common christian get it wrong, because they have also been groomed to have a specific view and image of God.

If the God in the Bible describes himself as infinite. That always was and always is. God can only be 1 thing.... and that is everything.

- But you would not understand why that is. Because you have aksed for proof......but dont see it.

that definition is so broad and vague as to be useless. I could easily make the same claim about leprechauns (leprechauns are everywhere, you just dont see it!) and it would be as viable. I extend to you the same invitation i offered above.
edit on 20-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
If we live in a multidimensional holographic universe, then yes, in one of those dimensions Leprechauns could exist and maybe ManBearPig too.
edit on 20-11-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I stopped reading on page 7 and 8. Will my cryptic brothers message me. And we can cipher cryptic messages to each other.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We are taught in religion that when we pray to God,( which ever one you choose ) one of three things happen.
A. God will answer your prayer.
B. God will not answer your prayer.
C. God will answer your prayer in time.

Under these conditions anyone or anything can be God . I can pray to the chair Im sitting in right now and one of these three things are going to happen. Weather I ask my magical chair for a million dollars or for the Sun to rise in the morning it will always be correct under these circumstances.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleFire
We are taught in religion that when we pray to God,( which ever one you choose ) one of three things happen.
A. God will answer your prayer.
B. God will not answer your prayer.
C. God will answer your prayer in time.

Under these conditions anyone or anything can be God . I can pray to the chair Im sitting in right now and one of these three things are going to happen. Weather I ask my magical chair for a million dollars or for the Sun to rise in the morning it will always be correct under these circumstances.

It amazes me that with those kinds of answers that Religion has lasted for so long.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The point of the thread is to see if the people who went looking for god found him.

posted on Dec, 3 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Godthief
The point of the thread is to see if the people who went looking for god found him.

they reorder their psyche to insert the divine variable wherever plausible to optimize positivity in their perspective and lifestyle. in a word, sometimes yes.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

All I Found Was More Trouble. But My Questions Were Undoubtedly Resolved.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Godthief

Although.... now that I think about it.... god... the jealous one... is likely to be a leprechaun.
Why you ask....
Because green is synonymous with jealousy and god sure does like gold. So.... hmmmm

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The thing that makes this really hard for people is, time is a materialistic, human construct of materialistic comparisons of relative change. I know God is eternal, and the the real answer is, because, that is just the way it is. Now that is really hard to accept for some, and I do get that. People are curious so they are going to ask. a reply to: whereislogic

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
English speakers are the only ones hung up on words.

If I use the word leprechaun to describe Irish midgets. Does that offend YOU?

SOMEHOW IT DOES APPARENTLY

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join