It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh, so you want me to back upmy correction to you?

Here, Genesis 2:7

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

God created man from space dust.

Corrections:

Lord God made Adam from the dust on the ground not God.

In Genesis Chapter one God made man in his image as male and female. God never mentioned how he formed man or how Earth formed man.

In genesis Chapter 1. There is no mention of Eden. But in Chapter two Lord God makes a Garden eastward in Eden. That would imply that Eden existed before Lord God made his Garden eastwards in it.

Lord God also casts Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden. This Eden is given a name: Cherubims This Place is not of Earth.

Lord God is a imposter. Who do we give Lord statues to? Men probably....
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Is that not a valid request???

If your God, The God as you say, is alive. Really is a "Living God" then let's go talk to him.

That seems like a totally valid request don't you think???

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

100 % Totally! I'm on the same bus as you.

Can we stop off a grab some beer on the way too?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Why bother, we'll just have Jesus turn some water to wine for us when we get there. I'm sure water to beer is just as easy too.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

A very interesting video and i wish that i had the answers..
The only thing i will say is that if there were no people dying of horrible deceases and natural disasters, the world would be over populated and we probably wouldn't be here ourselves..
What i do know though is that God uses us to heal others and strengthens their faith in him.. I have also had words given to me for others and they know that i didn't know their situation. This then assures them that he knows everything about them.

My local Bishop used to send me and my wife to peoples houses that have had bad experiences with the supernatural..
Let me just say that unless you have experienced a relationship with God, no amount of facts will make you believe in him..
I could tell you many things that i have done in Jesus name but as i say, no one will take it as the truth,,

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Awww, Jon1 is not playing now.

It has always amazed me that people who have such a rock solid belief in religion are so focused on their beliefs that they are unwilling to entertain any slight disbelief of others.

When presented with a plethora of questions as to why somethings happen, they have little or zero reply.

Then, just like that. Dummy spit.

It's like having a wonderful dream one night about owning a Ferrari and going out on the town chatting to cute chicks then waking up and the garage is empty. Or even worse....you own a Hyundai.....just joking.

C'mon guys, simply saying "well, take a look at this lovely planet we live on and all that's on it" as evidence is a rubbish reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Edit: Someone, perhaps, committed it to their memory.
edit on 30-10-2016 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21446354]BlackProject[/post

Nice one..
I just get annoyed sometimes at people who say that we have some sort of mental disorder because we believe in God...
Point taken..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: jon1

If I told you I did good things for people because a carrot told me too, and because I have a book called "The carrot seed" and it makes me do stuff, you'd think I was a loon wouldn't you?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno

If I told you I did good things for people because a carrot told me too, and because I have a book called "The carrot seed" and it makes me do stuff, you'd think I was a loon wouldn't you?

I might believe you believed that had you used Morning Glory seeds instead of carrots.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ah yes, the tired tactic of creating a straw man then attacking it.

A rebuttal, and thought experiment:

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

Oh sorry so God did create us to fail and burn in hell and hell is earth because there is something better then earth? So wait. Why did he go to the effort to make earth again and us .... He needs to get his priorities right.

I am going to ask the car dealership next time. "Ok, so if I buy this car now right. I know its a pile of sh*t but if I buy this in hope for lets say, a Lamborghini I may get one? Because right you promised me if I hope and pray."

No that would be your assumption
You generalise and because of that you dont understand

Your whole OP is wrong
Its all based on misinformation and corrupted knowledge, sorry you think this way
On the upside, many christians get it wrong as well so I accept what you are saying as reasonably valid

God never made promises for anything on this earth outside of forgiveness for the next life

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I could tell you many things that i have done in Jesus name but as i say, no one will take it as the truth

Chin up Jon. Being cautious, I can't say that I believe that your experiences are true, or that you've assigned the correct agency to them. But I allow for them being true and that you've assigned the correct first agency to them. I certainly don't assume they're not true.

Hard to find something if you're not looking for it and start off the hunt certain that it doesn't exist. All you're seeing here is people that believe that their inability to find a fish in the desert is proof that fish don't exist.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I understand what you're going for, but even as a man who doesn't believe in God, I feel your argument is childish.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Chin up Jon. Being cautious, I can't say that I believe that your experiences are true, or that you've assigned the correct agency to them. But I allow for them being true and that you've assigned the correct first agency to them. I certainly don't assume they're not true.

Hard to find something if you're not looking for it and start off the hunt certain that it doesn't exist. All you're seeing here is people that believe that their inability to find a fish in the desert is proof that fish don't exist.

That's not what I see here. What I see are people who say there are no fish in the desert because they've looked and find no fish in the desert so that is their conclusion.

Meanwhile there are other people who claim "to know" for sure that there are fish in the desert but either can't or won't show anyone those fish. They cannot show you the fish. They cannot even agree with each other what those fish look like or where they are or anything else. But they all say for sure they are there.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Taken from your link:

My central point is that, on Christian convictions, it is entirely logical to look at the suffering of the world in all its miserable array and conclude that God must have bloody good reasons for choosing this course and, further, that his promised resolution must be bloody amazing to make up for the measure of ugliness that mars the beauty and order of existence.

Does that mean that Christians are blinkered, unwilling to look at other explanations, unwilling to accept other religious beliefs, death, suffering, hate, disease are all part of Gods great plan for a better future? One they will NEVER get to see as they too will be dead?

Can you give me 20 facts to change my mind there is actually a God.......go:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, fish don't live in the desert.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Sorry to be the one to break it to you, fish don't live in the desert.

Then there is no God either.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I want to play a little bit of devil's advocate here...

I don't think it's fair to label all Christians as mentally deficient or less intelligent. That is simply not true. As an atheist, I find describing them as such, does "our side" no favors. Now.. that said, I have made those accusations about religious folks myself. In jest, usually. Sometimes seriously as well.

Because certainly there are religious people who I deem less intelligent and incapable of critical thinking. Likewise, I've encountered non believers with the same mentality. There are so many different people on this planet, believing so many different things, for so many different reasons.

It boggles my mind on these forums, how firm believers can continue to believe in the face of evidence against those beliefs. As I'm sure my firm stance has boggled a few minds, in the face of their evidence against my lack of belief.

I'm kind of an asshole I suppose, because I really get a kick in these forums. I find a lot of people to be stupid. At least as far as the topic of "discussion" goes. Something about the mental gymnastics...

However the back and forth gets old. And no one "side" acts any better than the other. Sometimes I feel these things are dead on arrival. There is no discussion.. Just open or veiled insults. Sometimes tagged at the end of well meaning posts. That does nobody good. Again, I admit to being "one of those guys" sometimes.

I know plenty of people who would not be who they are today, without their faith and belief in the Lord God. Obviously I don't know if their lives would be better without those beliefs. Certainly I think a part of it would be. The part believing in something I do not believe to be real.. But that's besides the point.

The point is, just because they have a belief in God doesn't mean they are stupid.

At the end of the day I can disagree with a person's belief. All I really care about, what I think most of us really care about, is character. What kind of person is this, at the end of the day.

I'm starting to ramble and stuff so.. yeah.

I guess if I had to sum up my point it would be..

Can't we just discuss x, y, z, reasons for belief/lack of belief in a civil manner?

ETA: Sorry if I didn't flesh out all my thoughts here. It was getting to be a long post and I wasn't entirely sure where it was heading tbh.

edit on 10-30-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join