It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The crazy thing is that everyone exist.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There is absolutely no agreeable evidence for the existence of God. If you want to believe in God, you must choose to have faith. It's not a decision to believe in God because there is no reason or evidence. So faith is required and it must be a choice.

When you hold an apple in your hand, nobody doubts the existence of apples. But with God, what one person calls evidence another person calls delusion.

Belief in God is a delusion. But so is everything else we think about reality. If what we thought about reality was not delusion we would have a GUT everyone agreed was absolute truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
There is absolutely no agreeable evidence for the existence of God. If you want to believe in God, you must choose to have faith. It's not a decision to believe in God because there is no reason or evidence. So faith is required and it must be a choice.

When you hold an apple in your hand, nobody doubts the existence of apples. But with God, what one person calls evidence another person calls delusion.

Belief in God is a delusion. But so is everything else we think about reality. If what we thought about reality was not delusion we would have a GUT everyone agreed was absolute truth.

All of reality is a vivid hallucination experiencing chronic delusions of self.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

it really depends on your interpretation of God, unless you think that nothingness is what happens after death, but that is not possible, so something must exist and that something is consciousness and that is God
edit on 13-11-2016 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I guess we can all be satisfied that leprechauns exist, even if only to the people who believe in them. Just like god.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I guess we can all be satisfied that leprechauns exist, even if only to the people who believe in them. Just like god.

The only one who has actually reached any conclusion is you and Your atheistic kind. But that was already predetermined before you started this topic.

Apart from that you have proved nothing and changed nothing. You would have to be a lot smarter than this to prove Your claim.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To those of you who Don't believe in god, why do you have the need to push your own opinion on others... How can you comment on something that you have not experienced yourselves..
I personally think that you are so wrapped up in your own sin that the thought of a God judging you is more than you can handle so you just deny that it could be true to help you live with yourself..
You ask for proof but won't step inside a church to find out or ask people why they believe..
I find that the worst atheists are people that have tried but never found God, I have found this out through talk ing to many people on this site..
Why not cut us some slack and ask yourself why you are in the minority in this world...
I bet you know the answer..

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

The only one who has actually reached any conclusion is you and Your atheistic kind. But that was already predetermined before you started this topic.

Apart from that you have proved nothing and changed nothing. You would have to be a lot smarter than this to prove Your claim.

my kind? its almost like you see atheists as less than human. as it happens, i have nothing to prove. The question is whether leprechauns can be disproven. so far, no one has managed to do it. its interesting to watch people criticize leprechauns and defend gods in the same post.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

my kind? its almost like you see atheists as less than human. as it happens, i have nothing to prove. The question is whether leprechauns can be disproven. so far, no one has managed to do it. its interesting to watch people criticize leprechauns and defend gods in the same post.

I Guess they are

You state that you have nothing to prove, but that is exactly what you are trying to do With this topic.....

Your first mistake is that you try to create a fiction by using a leprechaun(s) as a replacement for God. To try and create a simularity between the two.

But the two are not even a like within a myth.... And are different when it comes to human inspiration.

Gods is not created by man, but inspired by God to man.

leprechauns is thought up and inspired by human inspiration (imagination). Do you know the difference?

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You have a very valid point.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have been on both sides of the fence as far as God is concerned. I love science, and science has a lot of answers. I used to read a lot about theories and physics (not the math, screw that). But what I found is, when science doesn't provide an answer, humans will just make one up. Also I found that quantum physicists usually returned to God themselves once they realize the observers role in existence. There is also the 3rd law of thermodynamics, which basically says that any system not effected by an outside source will move towards chaos, not structure. This world may seem chaotic, but it is becoming more structured every day. Also this, everyone can relate to. We have all seen accidents. Accidental happenings never produce more structure. If you take a stick of dynamite and put it in a box of computer components and ignite it, you will not be closer to a super computer than when you started. You can as much dynamite as you want, and that result will be more true, not less true. So how could all this we see be some monumental, perpetual accident, the result of a huge massive explosion billions of years ago. Look at what all accidents have to happen. Subatomic particles into atoms (many kinds), atoms into molecules (even more kinds), and then those molecules into living, self replicating living beings. That, IMO, is more than a bit unbelievable. Yeah, okay, I can't explain God either. How did He come about? Maybe in a different realm with different physics, that could be explained or understood much easier. But as for the world and universe, I do not think there could be so much coincidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I Guess they are

...you guess atheists are less than human? that sounds awfully sociopathic.

Your first mistake is that you try to create a fiction by using a leprechaun(s) as a replacement for God. To try and create a simularity between the two.

there is a whole thread about the similarities between leprechauns and gods. you are in it right now. feel free to reread it all. might take some digging, but there are plenty of gems in the rough.

Gods is not created by man, but inspired by God to man. leprechauns is thought up and inspired by human inspiration (imagination). Do you know the difference?

...can you. disprove. leprechauns. that is the question. empirical concrete proof that leprechauns are purely fictional and in no way based in reality. do you have any?

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: craterman
A God that is eternal cannot "come about". That is logically impossible. The question how did an eternal God (or anything else eternal) come about, who created God, etc. can be answered with:

God did not come about.
God was not created, so no one created God.

Anything that has existed eternally does not have a point in time at which it/he/she came into existence (or was created). It does show that the one asking the question did not think their question through very well (did not think of a possible answer themselves), so perhaps in some cases (not yours) it's not an answer that they're looking for but an attempt to sound smart with the feeling:

'I've got you now'.

Which is a rather prideful (in a silly embarrassing way) self-delusion. Their pride prevents people from thinking it through or even accepting the only logical answer when we're discussing an eternal God (or anything eternal for that matter, the irony though is when you see someone having no trouble understanding this when they're arguing that the universe or the singularity has existed eternally, but another time you see them pretend that there is no answer to the question regarding God, dropping the question with the earlier described intent). When someone else who thinks that there might be a God but doesn't know much about the subject does it, it's more a sign of a lack of bible education (and also being affected by what the bible calls "the system of things", "the spirit of the world", "Babylon the Great", "profitless talkers and deceivers of the mind" and "the ruler of this system of things").

The answer to your type of question "How did He [God] come about?" should be really obvious and logical* regarding an eternal God if it wasn't for the earlier mentioned biblical concepts of what and who is involved in the manipulation of human thinking. Therefore when someone doesn't know the answer it's telling in many different ways but pointing in the same directions (as the cause why so many people can't see or understand what should be obvious because it's being obscured).

*: perceived as logical and sensible/reasonable/rational by people in general, and as easy to understand and quick to learn as what Blackadder is trying to teach Baldrick in the video below (but there are some people who seem to respond to such teachings in the same manner as Baldrick but not out of humor but stubborness to be reasonable about these subjects; also influenced by the earlier mentioned biblical concepts and characters, and at 2 Timothy 4:3,4 among other places):

edit on 18-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

the universe had to be created, but god was not created. that defies its own logic. using an unmeasured unconfirmed property to make an entity exempt from its own rule. Aka special pleading. this means leprechauns are also viable. it is...very difficult to disprove leprechauns without disproving god. much of the same rhetoric used to defend theology can also defend leprechauns, so there ya be.

edit on 18-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
but ... but ,,, " a maximally great leprecorn is a nessercerally contingent being "

if you need a sarcasm tag on this post - you are an idiot

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Modern depictions of leprechauns are largely based on derogatory 19th century caricatures and stereotypes of the Irish.[2]

So based on this God must be real.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

so what does a " real " leprecorn look like ?????

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Modern depictions of leprechauns are largely based on derogatory 19th century caricatures and stereotypes of the Irish.[2]

So based on this God must be real.

and modern depictions of god are largely based on pagan deities who were consolidated and bastardized into a gilded Frankenstein modeled around white male privilege. so based on this, leprechauns are also real, being bastardized caricatures of real world folklore and testimonies.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Who said the universe had to be created? (I think W.L.Craig and the Kalam cosmological argument supporters and fans sometimes do this, i.e. Muslims and YEC's most of the time, but I didn't, the question was a rhetorical expression) If it has existed eternally it cannot be created any more than an eternal God otherwise it wouldn't have existed eternally if it was created (and you're back to talking about a logical contradiction: an eternal universe that supposedly came into existene by the process of creation or being created, thus it did not exist eternally).

Considering that, then the question remains whether or not the universe has existed eternally. I can see evidence and clues from the fields of physics and astronomy that that is not the case. Even Stephen Hawking isn't arguing for an eternal universe in his book "The Grand Design"; seeing that he's philosophizing and arguing that the universe has created itself (shortly after claiming "Philosophy is dead", ironically and to hide his own philosophizing and conflate philosophical naturalism with "science" some more). Which makes reasonable people who aren't as easily wooed, impressed and beguiled by impressive credentials and popularity within certain circles think about the question:

How does anything do anything when it doesn't even exist yet to do anything, let alone create itself when it doesn't even exist yet?
edit on 18-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

There are christians who thinks God in the bible is a person. since God created man (male and female) in his image.

There are many christians who thinks Jesus is God, (And that Jesus praid to him self when he was in flesh on Earth 2000 years ago).

Christians and non christians have been educated through different social chanels to have a specific personal image of God in their mind, just like you have. Even though the God in the Bible have stated who and what he is. And it is not even in the ball park of how you try to describe God. Even the common christian get it wrong, because they have also been groomed to have a specific view and image of God.

If the God in the Bible describes himself as infinite. That always was and always is. God can only be 1 thing.... and that is everything.

- But you would not understand why that is. Because you have aksed for proof......but dont see it.

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join