It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: amazing

I don't think Leprechauns and God are a fair comparison.

What I took from your OP is that we cannot physically prove God and we cannot physically prove Leprechauns, therefore they must be the same. That leaves a lot out.

A belief in God is more than just a belief in a fantastical being. It's tied into what happens after we die, what is our purpose on earth, how did humans, the earth, our galaxy and the Universe come into being. For many of us, a belief in God gives meaning to our lives.

A belief in God doesn't make one weak or delusional. It just makes one different than an Atheist.

When we start talking about religions like Christianity or Scientology....that's where it gets a little crazy. But we're not discussing religions here, we're just discussing the possibility of a God.

The same principles can be applied to any mythological creature. By the same token that a god may be defended, vampires and leprechauns and crumple horned snorkacks may also be adequately defended and found to be plausible.

But your missing the point. It's not just that God is a simple mythological creature. It's the meaning of life. The purpose of life. The creation of life and one's personal experiences in life. I don't know a single person that believes in little green men and has a more fulfilling peaceful life because of it, However I know millions who get that fulfilling peacfule, purposeful life from their beliefs in God.

Has it ever occurred to you that the purpose of life is to decide for yourself? Or is that too much to expect? If you must believe in a god to find meaning and purpose, then it is a shallow purpose indeed. Be good for goodness sake, or you are simply pretending for the sake of vanity and ego.

I'm not so sure. A belief in an afterlife is a powerful thing. I'm not talking about the Christian God or the ten comandments...that's all rubbish. I'm talking about a belief in a creator and higher power and afterlife.

How does that make me shallow? It just makes me different. I still get to decide the purpose of life for myself, I'm good because that's what makes me feel good. How am I pretending?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

What I took from your OP is that we cannot physically prove God and we cannot physically prove Leprechauns, therefore they must be the same. That leaves a lot out.

A belief in God is more than just a belief in a fantastical being. It's tied into what happens after we die, what is our purpose on earth, how did humans, the earth, our galaxy and the Universe come into being. For many of us, a belief in God gives meaning to our lives.

A belief in God doesn't make one weak or delusional. It just makes one different than an Atheist.

When we start talking about religions like Christianity or Scientology....that's where it gets a little crazy. But we're not discussing religions here, we're just discussing the possibility of a God.

The same principles can be applied to any mythological creature. By the same token that a god may be defended, vampires and leprechauns and crumple horned snorkacks may also be adequately defended and found to be plausible.

But your missing the point. It's not just that God is a simple mythological creature. It's the meaning of life. The purpose of life. The creation of life and one's personal experiences in life. I don't know a single person that believes in little green men and has a more fulfilling peaceful life because of it, However I know millions who get that fulfilling peacfule, purposeful life from their beliefs in God.

Has it ever occurred to you that the purpose of life is to decide for yourself? Or is that too much to expect? If you must believe in a god to find meaning and purpose, then it is a shallow purpose indeed. Be good for goodness sake, or you are simply pretending for the sake of vanity and ego.

Very much respect what you just said there.

This is exactly the point I tried to make with other users but I tend to go off on tangents. Basically it was this I meant to put forward that these religious people basically are saying I am being good for God otherwise I would not be this way. Madness.

It seems everyone needs a reason for life. It should be no more then the point that mother and father brought you into the world and thats where the need for reason ends. I know you know this, just for others to read.

If we achieve great things, then great. If we do not, then we do not. No set reason. Maybe as you say, ego is too above these people and thus cannot let go of the idea they are special.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I'm not so sure. A belief in an afterlife is a powerful thing. I'm not talking about the Christian God or the ten comandments...that's all rubbish. I'm talking about a belief in a creator and higher power and afterlife.

How does that make me shallow? It just makes me different. I still get to decide the purpose of life for myself, I'm good because that's what makes me feel good. How am I pretending?

Presenting a positive image to serve your own purposes, rather than doing good regardless of whether you benefit or suffer from it. An afterlife is for those who expect that the life they have now will be wasted. Eternal life is for those who want to use life in a frivolous and wasteful manner. Pretending to have society's best interests at heart when in fact you are looking after your own ego, for instance, the desire to not die ever. That is selfish. But we were talking about leprechauns, were we not? For every shred of evidence in favor of a god, I can show you evidence of leprechauns. You might not find it compelling, but that is hardly the point.
edit on 2-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

So you don't agree but you agree? My point was atheist argue aginst what you call "religion claiming to be christian" which IS silly and misrepresents the things jesus actually said or meant.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

So you don't agree but you agree? My point was atheist argue aginst what you call "religion claiming to be christian" which IS silly and misrepresents the things jesus actually said or meant.

It doesn't matter what Jesus allegedly said or didn't say. A hundred other prophets, sages, shamans and gurus have said the same thing but no one talks about them, reveres them or even has heard of them. There is more power in the name than in the message, and the power of the name has corrupted the message itself, ironically. How many stadiums and churches and priests have tacked his name onto fraudulent claims and duped thousands into doing irrational things and clinging to irrational expectations just by invoking a sentiment that we have spent generations, centuries ingraining in ourselves? Seed donations, racism, conflict and strife has been fostered under pretenses that contradict one verse and honor another, but they are all imbued with a name, a face, an idea that we can transcend the laws and lessons of this reality with a simple act of faith. Goodness for goodness sake has been lost in the mad rush for eternal life and a big thumbs up from daddy dearest, a vicious scramble to appease the ego while crying from the street corners about how ego is our worst enemy. You want to mean something. You want to live forever. You want to retrieve what circumstance and poor judgment has taken from you. You want to not be afraid. And yet, fear is exactly what it all hinges on. All these platitudes about being a decent person have been twisted into a stick and carrot gimmick, giving people reason to believe they can acquire something they don't deserve by continuing to prove they don't deserve it. I would gladly believe in leprechauns if it made the difference Jesus had been trying to accomplish, but people will continue to do what they want to. They will continue taking shortcuts, making excuses, turning a blind eye and prioritizing their ego as long as they think it will save them for one more second from what they know they have coming. Some speculate that charity is directly proportionate to guilt, and the same could be said of worshiping gods and investing in an afterlife. Those who want it most, probably deserve it least. And that's why they want it. That's why it is so important to them. Those kids chasing down the lucky charms will never be satisfied even if they find all the lucky charms in the world, because it isn't really the lucky charms they are after, its the hunger they are running from. But they can't outrun it, and neither can we. We can only master it and accept it, accept our demons and do our best until we no longer can.
edit on 2-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's too bad this became an argument about Religion and Leprachauns instead of what the title said, God and Leprachauns. The Athiests aren't looking for answers they are looking to agitate and talk down. The answers to the question of a Creator and Reality were given literally and explicitly, but like always were overlooked in favor of trying to belittle people.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
It's too bad this became an argument about Religion and Leprachauns instead of what the title said, God and Leprachauns. The Athiests aren't looking for answers they are looking to agitate and talk down. The answers to the question of a Creator and Reality were given literally and explicitly, but like always were overlooked in favor of trying to belittle people.

It is a shame this became an argument altogether. Although to a religious person my title may have sounded maybe sarcastic, it was actually due to the fact that in my eyes both can be seen the same.

Yes it is a persons right to believe whatever they wish but you want to know my real reason to even make such a thread? Is that I actually feel like people are being used and taken advantage of in a mind slavery type fashion. Does not end with religion, it can be seen in laws (laws are written beside religion) it can be seen in our image, what we buy, what we eat. Everything we do is about being ourselves but in the same breath, we are a product.

As I said before I do not deem myself actually an Atheist. I would say I am a man of no beliefs, no real wishing for reason. I am just me, blood and bone and the world is what it is around me. That to me, is beautiful enough for me to really appreciate my life. As let's be honest, this is all about giving enough reason to our lives that they are worth living. At least worth waking up in the morning with enough of a pulse to want to do it all over again.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: imwilliam

atheist are atheist because certain traumatic events happened in their youth

False.

1. Someone on this forum asked me to speculate what the image of the beast is in the Bible.
2. I speculated that failure by an adult who has reached the age of majority to respect 2257 statement laws could predict someone like Jerry Sandusky's behavior in real life with a victim who has not consented to sex as Sandusky's victims did not consent.
3. Within two weeks a meteor hit Chelyabinsk and took out thousands of windows. Microsofts main operating system is called Windows and the loading icon is similar to a meteor in orbit.
4. Texas failed to protect a 4 year old from his two time sexual assault that occured on video on public school property twice and Texas indicated that they were going to do nothing to protect the 4 year old from harm because the perpetrator was a mentally challenged 14 year old. Not holding a mentally challenged person totally accountable for their actions is understandable. Not protecting the 4 year old is sadistic negligence.
5. In response to Texas' lack of action I said on another forum I said "Ebola, it's coming". Two weeks later Ebola landed in Texas on a plane.
6. The Bible says that if a man speaks and his words come to pass then he is a prophet.

And yet public schools continue to teach the foundations of atheism. An evolutionary process that is unguided by a higher power. I believe that a higher power created in creatures the ability to adapt over generations to a changing environment. But the idea that people arrived in the universe by means of an Big Bang and evolutionary process that did not include a Higher Power of Deity is the basis of atheistic thought. And it creates a lot of the behavior and turmoil that exists. People who operate with a belief in a Higher Power conduct themselves in opposition to those who believe that humans arrived in the universe by accident. Crime rates, STD's, respect for parents....much of this is dependent on a person's belief in a higher power which is directly undermined by public school text books.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   

for all we know aliens could have created this world, this universe and every atom on it could be a supercomputer and we could be prisoners, being used as human energy generators, reality is subjective, and i choose to think anything is possible, thinking nothing is possible is a paradox, because nothing cannot possibly exist.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder
I was mostly just trying to make you aware of the difference between Christendom and Christianity. You won't hear it from those within Christendom (and I understand why you used Christianity while your last comment seems to indicate you were thinking about Christendom, or at least you're thinking of Christendom now, then my work is done
). It's no big deal that you used "Christianity", but it still would be nice if you would consider using Christendom instead of Christianity from now on or some time in the future when you're thinking about the religions that call themselves Christian rather than those doing what Jesus said, and doing the will of his Father and his God Jehovah (to the best of their ability).

I'm arguing in favor of Christianity, genuine Christianity, which isn't silly. Not the ones described by Jesus as "workers of lawlessness" that are claiming to be Christian "but do not do the things I [Jesus] say". One of which is:

‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

And many other such things and teachings that they changed or are misrepresenting:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

for all we know aliens could have created this world, this universe and every atom on it could be a supercomputer and we could be prisoners, being used as human energy generators,

When considering the possibility of something I tend to think about the logical requirements like you did with the word "nothing". But I also try to consider the follow-up question, is this really the case? What evidence, phenomena or effects would I expect to see? And how does that compare (including my thoughts about logical requirements) with the phenomena and effects that I'm observing? Off the top of my head, for starters wouldn't you agree that these "aliens" would require a level of intelligence and technological advancement that corresponds to the designs, machinery and technology I'm observing in nature and especially lifeforms? If by "created this world,..." you also want me to think about the creation of lifeforms.

reality is subjective, and i choose to think anything is possible, thinking nothing is possible is a paradox, because nothing cannot possibly exist.

So the last thing you said there is something that is not possible? I would agree that there has never been a state where there was nothing at all in existence. But I'd like to remind you that a synonym for "paradox" is "contradiction". Which is what one chooses to believe when one chooses "to think anything is possible" and following that up by in essence claiming something is impossible (without spelling that out and using that terminology, seeing that "...not possibly", i.e. 'not possible' is the only terminology that can be derived from your sentence but that still means "impossible", you're still suggesting something to be impossible when you say "nothing cannot possibly exist"). Which is odd to do after expressing your choice to think/believe (synonyms again) that anything is possible.

Perhaps you could consider whether you already know whether or not anything is really possible in spite of the other very commonly repeated (and possibly conditioned) philosophy that "anything is possible". (so that's 2 considerations to think about). Perhaps it's time to let go of the programming and go with what you already demonstrated or argued for: not anything is possible. There are some things that are not possible (and one of the first criteria one could consider to find out whether or not something is possible are those logical requirements, if there are logical contradictions in the use of language, that's a good sign that something may perhaps not be possible; just like you did it with the concept of "nothing" and when thinking about the concept, idea or question: Can nothing exist? Which some people might even notice isn't even a coherent use of the English language, but I won''t go into that now, I already rephrased the thought earlier in the sentence that uses the word "state"). No doubt you can think of other examples when you give it some more thought.

Here are some more synonyms that are of interest:

reality/fact/certainty/truth

factual/certain/true/conclusive/corrrect, without error/absolute

A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language.

Source: google dictionary
edit on 3-11-2016 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

cheers for the reply, your answer has me thinking and your right in a way. me saying anything is possible and that nothing cant possibly exist is a contradiction in itself, but when i say anything is possible i "was" using it in a general term lol, i also think nothingness can exist but it cannot be witnessed or perceived, tbh it used to keep me up at night from the age of 7 when i started to contemplate that when you die there could be nothing waiting for you, it was a really scary thought to me. but what was even scarier was even though i believed that nothingness probably didn't exist, i couldn't get my head around infinity cause i believed that there has got to be and end, and yes i would agree that the level of intelligence of these aliens required to do the thing i hypothesised would be millions if not billions of years in front of us, but we are generally a young species in terms of the age of the Universe, so it would certainly be possible that there are lifeforms out there able to do things that would be God like to us.
But anyway anything is possible in terms of the unconscious, you see i believe at this moment (im forever changing my views or evolving them if you like.) that everything exists in a universal unconscious or how i would like it to be named the "advanced consciousness" because i believe that thought are energy so everythought that has ever been had doesn't simply go as quick as it came, but is stored and used again in the universal advanced consciousness, it is why things like demons and possessed people can be cured by saying the power of christ compels you, because christ conscious is one of the most powerful forces out there, just like allah etc, you see i dont believe these people existed in human form, but the power of human thoughts especially en masse are powerful tools to those who know how to use them.
anyway i tend to babble a lot and dont bother proof reading what ive wrote, so if it doesnt make sense sorry..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

The title alone drew me in!

All that you have said is true! I enjoyed your POV!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Istaywoke77

The title alone drew me in!

All that you have said is true! I enjoyed your POV!

Appreciate your message pal.

Glad it was interesting to read. When I make posts like this, it seems it goes over quite a few heads on this website.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: jon1
Listen people.. I was 47 before i asked Jesus into my life and no matter how hard you try to disbelieve in him, he is real and thats why you are in the minority.
But thats the nature of the beast..
no matter how long this thread gets, we will never agree on this subject..
Life is so good when he is in your life. You can do so much to help others with the gifts of the holy spirit. Healing, demons and words of knowledge are but a few ways that Jesus will use you..

Instead of committing your life to trying to disprove him, why not help others and and see if he is real...

This may seem nice of you to put out to others but really your leading people into a sense of protection that is false. Just like those that join a church, they are ok aslong as they turn up to church and drop some cash in the money box when leaving.

Life is not good when young people are dying of cancer and without no help and you would deem this just?

If you do think that is ok part of life just how God made it then that really is crazy. Normally people tend to turn to religion when something bad happens, all other avenues are no longer available or something of similar effect.

Hello my name is nat the blue eyed cat. My heart is racing here... I had actually decided to not post on Ats anymore.. You can visit my last crazy thread if ya like.. I think that's what most folks would call me sir. Absolutely nuts. I used to believe what you did. I was raised Catholic man.. Even as Christian I think that religion is a cult. I think a lot of religions have lost their way. It's no good. I wish so bad I could just leave everything and take my son and husband and move into the wilderness and live .. Hahaha! Be like John the Baptist.. But the gov doesn't like folks off the grid huh.. Move out the country .. I wish it were that easy to pick up and leave man..
So anyway I'm sorry for rambling .. I had a brain injury .. In 2008 of August. I have scars all over my brain that affects my memory and yes maybe my sanity.
I don't go to church. I cant find one ...
Sure I believe the bible but man you gotta read between the lines. I can spew bible verses but it won't matter as you think it's ridiculous.. Which is fine man.. To each their own... We all are expericencing this life with free will.. So in my head it's all about love.. So what does it matter that I believe in Jesus and that I had an experience while doing my exercises outside on August 9th of this year... I told God I was done trying to handle everything.. Things with my son and other things .. I was done so I laid everything down .. Like I imagined I put all my worries in a box and I gave it to God. And I think God is an alien being and not a green space being I mean a human alien being .. I'd really have to talk to you i guess in person to explain my idea of God and angels and Ufos ... Heehee. .. It's so cool..
Anyway so after I gave my box to God I felt this overwhelming peace .. And this warmth washed over me.. It felt magical. I feel in my heart it was the Holy Spirit. I'm gettin chills ..

So my purpose here is to live and love man.

We were given this life for a reason..imo .. I am like a child now!!! I feel like I've connected with my freaking inner child!!!
We get to experience this life and that's exciting. We have free will. We do know that love is better than hate.. You know that evil is around .. At least I hope you know that.. I've experienced ghosts, demons, Angels, space beings, deja vu, fairies, Ufos, time slips... I am a sensitive and an empath.. I feel people's pain .. It's a blessing and curse ..

I have my three black cats that protect me
mwahahaha!!!
Much peace and love to you sir

I seriously don't know if I will return .. I had gotten on here to clarify something but then I realized I didn't need to .. I felt that Ats was actually done with me cause I'm the freaking lunatic and there is seriously no room on here for me anymore .. All my old friends look like they have moved along and or been kicked off here .. So I bid you a good evening friend .. I usually read from the outside .. But I've lost interest and time since I've been homeschooling my kid .. Anywho... La de da ..
And if I had a song to end with it would be pink Floyd -brain damage
edit on 9-11-2016 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Whoops

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It is a shame this became an argument altogether. Although to a religious person my title may have sounded maybe sarcastic, it was actually due to the fact that in my eyes both can be seen the same.

Yes it is a persons right to believe whatever they wish but you want to know my real reason to even make such a thread? Is that I actually feel like people are being used and taken advantage of in a mind slavery type fashion. Does not end with religion, it can be seen in laws (laws are written beside religion) it can be seen in our image, what we buy, what we eat. Everything we do is about being ourselves but in the same breath, we are a product.

As I said before I do not deem myself actually an Atheist. I would say I am a man of no beliefs, no real wishing for reason. I am just me, blood and bone and the world is what it is around me. That to me, is beautiful enough for me to really appreciate my life. As let's be honest, this is all about giving enough reason to our lives that they are worth living. At least worth waking up in the morning with enough of a pulse to want to do it all over again.

That's beautiful

See yes at first I took your title as sarcastic but funny cause i love lepaurcauns and I think they are real and I grew up with two folks in life who were very sarcastic people ...so I sometimes think somethings sarcastic even when it's not ...

Anywho ... So my lil sis is dating a boy who told me he's an atheist. I told him that we are all free to believe or not believe what we want. And then my sis said she was questioning things .. I said that was fine. And if she had questions ask away and I think research is very necessary. Ever studied the Dead Sea scrolls ? Interesting ..
So you know how you said usually kids will grow up believing what their parents .. Well my sisters boyfriends parents are both atheist. He said his mom was Christian but turned away. And his dad never was anything. It's interesting to me. I wanna learn more.
There are so many diff types of religion ... And gods .. It's very interesting ..

Oh yeah I remember what I was gonna say !!! We were born to buy!!! Hahahaha!! It's so freaking scary .. Greed money cars stuff tvs phones more stuff clothes more clothes ... The Europeans came here to America and they tried to corrupt the natives with their love for things ... And it seems now folks are complacent with their tvs and wifi and processed food .. Which my son is allergic to all processed foods ... His diet has been flipped upside down .. We the consumers of the divided states of America ..

But hey we can not be that way .. We can wake the flip up and not buy into that crap !!!! Peace and love brother

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: natalia

That's beautiful

See yes at first I took your title as sarcastic but funny cause i love lepaurcauns and I think they are real and I grew up with two folks in life who were very sarcastic people ...so I sometimes think somethings sarcastic even when it's not ...

Anywho ... So my lil sis is dating a boy who told me he's an atheist. I told him that we are all free to believe or not believe what we want. And then my sis said she was questioning things .. I said that was fine. And if she had questions ask away and I think research is very necessary. Ever studied the Dead Sea scrolls ? Interesting ..
So you know how you said usually kids will grow up believing what their parents .. Well my sisters boyfriends parents are both atheist. He said his mom was Christian but turned away. And his dad never was anything. It's interesting to me. I wanna learn more.
There are so many diff types of religion ... And gods .. It's very interesting ..

Oh yeah I remember what I was gonna say !!! We were born to buy!!! Hahahaha!! It's so freaking scary .. Greed money cars stuff tvs phones more stuff clothes more clothes ... The Europeans came here to America and they tried to corrupt the natives with their love for things ... And it seems now folks are complacent with their tvs and wifi and processed food .. Which my son is allergic to all processed foods ... His diet has been flipped upside down .. We the consumers of the divided states of America ..

But hey we can not be that way .. We can wake the flip up and not buy into that crap !!!! Peace and love brother

Did not know which to reply to first but I wanted to reply to you because you was nice enough to write to me with a lot of thought and nice manner, so thanks for that. Other posters on this site should take note.

Firstly pleasure to meet you. It is a very mixed up world of thoughts, emotions and psychological choices we all make and do not know effect us. Having been a student of psychology in the past, I know very much how everything around us effects us and does not effect us. The principle of your sisters boyfriend, is not uncommon. I would not say all youngsters do fall into their parents religion but it does happen a lot. The very minimal ones that do not follow this pattern are those that have had outside interjection, whether it be a good teacher at school that made the kids think more about life. Maybe it was an uncle that sat down and said something that made their mind ponder, it could just be that something on TV made them deter from the usual. It only has to be one drop in the ocean.

However you will find with most religious families, they are very heavy on making sure their kids follow suit. Having a girlfriend myself who grew up in a Jehovah's witness family, I know very well how this can cause problems and it has caused my gf some serious problems that still effect her to today. Being told the world would end as a child every other Sunday.

I would like to state yet again that I am not an atheist but because I do not think there is a God, I get lumped into that category. Thinking that there is no God is not a belief. As I do not wish to believe anything, I think, not believe. That there is no God. That is the big divide that many people like to lump on those with no belief. I cannot be a believer if I have no belief.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: natalia

originally posted by: jon1
Listen people.. I was 47 before i asked Jesus into my life and no matter how hard you try to disbelieve in him, he is real and thats why you are in the minority.
But thats the nature of the beast..
no matter how long this thread gets, we will never agree on this subject..
Life is so good when he is in your life. You can do so much to help others with the gifts of the holy spirit. Healing, demons and words of knowledge are but a few ways that Jesus will use you..

Instead of committing your life to trying to disprove him, why not help others and and see if he is real...

This may seem nice of you to put out to others but really your leading people into a sense of protection that is false. Just like those that join a church, they are ok aslong as they turn up to church and drop some cash in the money box when leaving.

Life is not good when young people are dying of cancer and without no help and you would deem this just?

If you do think that is ok part of life just how God made it then that really is crazy. Normally people tend to turn to religion when something bad happens, all other avenues are no longer available or something of similar effect.

Hello my name is nat the blue eyed cat. My heart is racing here... I had actually decided to not post on Ats anymore.. You can visit my last crazy thread if ya like.. I think that's what most folks would call me sir. Absolutely nuts. I used to believe what you did. I was raised Catholic man.. Even as Christian I think that religion is a cult. I think a lot of religions have lost their way. It's no good. I wish so bad I could just leave everything and take my son and husband and move into the wilderness and live .. Hahaha! Be like John the Baptist.. But the gov doesn't like folks off the grid huh.. Move out the country .. I wish it were that easy to pick up and leave man..
So anyway I'm sorry for rambling .. I had a brain injury .. In 2008 of August. I have scars all over my brain that affects my memory and yes maybe my sanity.
I don't go to church. I cant find one ...
Sure I believe the bible but man you gotta read between the lines. I can spew bible verses but it won't matter as you think it's ridiculous.. Which is fine man.. To each their own... We all are expericencing this life with free will.. So in my head it's all about love.. So what does it matter that I believe in Jesus and that I had an experience while doing my exercises outside on August 9th of this year... I told God I was done trying to handle everything.. Things with my son and other things .. I was done so I laid everything down .. Like I imagined I put all my worries in a box and I gave it to God. And I think God is an alien being and not a green space being I mean a human alien being .. I'd really have to talk to you i guess in person to explain my idea of God and angels and Ufos ... Heehee. .. It's so cool..
Anyway so after I gave my box to God I felt this overwhelming peace .. And this warmth washed over me.. It felt magical. I feel in my heart it was the Holy Spirit. I'm gettin chills ..

So my purpose here is to live and love man.

We were given this life for a reason..imo .. I am like a child now!!! I feel like I've connected with my freaking inner child!!!
We get to experience this life and that's exciting. We have free will. We do know that love is better than hate.. You know that evil is around .. At least I hope you know that.. I've experienced ghosts, demons, Angels, space beings, deja vu, fairies, Ufos, time slips... I am a sensitive and an empath.. I feel people's pain .. It's a blessing and curse ..

I have my three black cats that protect me
mwahahaha!!!
Much peace and love to you sir

I seriously don't know if I will return .. I had gotten on here to clarify something but then I realized I didn't need to .. I felt that Ats was actually done with me cause I'm the freaking lunatic and there is seriously no room on here for me anymore .. All my old friends look like they have moved along and or been kicked off here .. So I bid you a good evening friend .. I usually read from the outside .. But I've lost interest and time since I've been homeschooling my kid .. Anywho... La de da ..
And if I had a song to end with it would be pink Floyd -brain damage

Hello again. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply here, to my post so thank you for that. I think your post is very well wrote and well put together so I do think you should use it more often. I certainly was happy to read your post when other posts I would not give the time of day. You can tell you wrote with real respect for others to. Sorry to hear about your problem too, I wish you the very best with your health.

I certainly feel that there is more to our lives, what that is I am not sure. I will read into those dead sea scrolls as you wrote in the other comment, I ave heard about them before just not read them.

The very point that we are here for a reason is one point that I feel does not settle well in my mind. We have been here thousands and thousands of years and still we have served no purpose. Nothing has occurred, nothing has shown itself. It is beautiful the feeling that you felt however and I am glad that you feel now cured and much better inside. That in itself, is a great thing.

I think I am at a point in my life that the realism of how ugly the world can be gives the reason that there is no genuine help for us humans.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I think you should forget about God and the meaning of life in the context of religion for a minute. Those things cloud the mind and set up expectations that will never be met, which leave you in a state of bleh that you say you are in now.

Maybe that purpose for living that you can see but not reach is just to live. Experience all that life has to offer. Love, hate, pain, joy, war, peace, laughter, fear, etc.

Slow down in everything you do, look at the things around you, interact with the world you live in, in a less superficial way. Try and stop seeing this place as a temporary holding cell and try and imagine that it is the amusement park it actually is. Try for a moment to not take for granted the reality we are experiencing on the planet we are living, in the body you are occupying, with the people you are loving.

That veil that is almost transparent because it's so thin that you we all know is there but we just can't see through, is your expectations and preconceived notions of what you have been told this reality and your life are. You have been lead to believe this place is trash and that you should be searching for what you don't have to achieve something you should be but that isn't actually so.

Truly, all of the things you are looking for are right there in front of you right now. You don't need any faith, don't need to suspend your disbelief, you don't need to pray, you don't even need to believe in the Creator to recognize any of it. You just need to slow down, look around, and ask yourself what you feel, what you think, and what you want to do. Forget anyone else's interpretation of what the questions and answers are, because they are not yours and are not for you. That's after you listen to and take my advice obviously

The difference is I don't want anything from you, I only want something for you. That something is the same thing you want for yourself.

You never know what might happen. Worst case scenario is you have a good time, see some beautiful things, and appreciate what you already have, no matter what it is.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join