It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Exists, Therefore Leprechauns Exist.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

However I just want to offer a little thinking outside the box for some among ATS.

this does not fit into religion at all. What next common sense and logic?

religion is a belife system just like Leprechauns. If you beilve it hard enough they may exist in peoples heads.

godo read though thanks

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Atheism: The belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs

Basically you are saying that God does not exist because of Christianity. I would agree that any organized religion you find today is bull. However, that does not mean there isn't a "God". Which i would rather call spirit. The evidence for intelligent design is abundant. Why is the golden ratio found in everything from pine cones to galaxies? Butterflies migrate for up to 2 months traveling up to 100 miles a day. How does a creature with a tiny little brain know how to do this or where to go? Could it be that they are connected to the earth and spirit so they just know? How do animals know when a storm is coming? Is it possible that Humans are just so far disconnected from spirit that we cannot see what is in our faces?

I think Jesus was a real person trying to tell people how to live life connected to love and spirit, but he was taken out of context. All of this hell or heaven stuff was created by people who just don't get it. The bible is like a book on how to ride a bike but the instructions are wrong, telling you to do things that will make you fall. That doesn't mean you can never ride a bike! That just means you need to through out that crap and find "God" or the "creative spirit" that is everything that you see or everything around you in a different way. You cannot be told how to do it. When you get it, you get it and people who get it don't need any more explanation.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
you only think of god in term of religion/bible. thats small minded. i was also an atheist because of what i just said. the bible is BS so god must be too. but the bible has nothing to do with reality does it. you know it, i know it.

you say your atheist and proud. so your basically saying you BELIEVE that the universe blew up out of nothing for no reason randomly. what is rational about that?

I love answering people like yourself because you seem to think everything is for a reason, why?

We are not here for a reason just like every life form on this planet is not here for a reason. It one life form died off tomorrow (granted it does not mess with the balance of life for other lifeforms here) it would not be noticed. However even if we died off tomorrow, all of us all died. Nothing would happen, the highest in the food chain after us would continue to live and thats that. There is probably (rational realistic thinking) thousands and millions of variations of life like us throughout the universe but the point is, non of it is important. We are not here for a reason, we have no duty, the only beautiful thing about our life is that we are here, so enjoy the party.

There is no higher power as it would have shown itself already and it has not. It has no duty to show us any evidence. Just as I said in other posts throughout history there is no evidence or proof of any deities throughout history. Fact. Just ramblings of old men.

Quite simply, It is revealed in everything and everyone. You just don't understand what you are seeing.

That is one of the saddest statements I have seen in a long time.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

no, im a nihilist. just because the universe has a purpose i dont necessarily think there is any reason. we could easily not be part of any sort of experience and just be aware of our own awareness. having a universe to populate simply gives us something to do. we learn, we create, we destroy, and so on but ultimately its all pointless. we make our own reason.

and again you think of god in terms of a biblical god. this is silly. you know its silly because its a dumb book writen by dumb people. god is us. god is the trees. my belief based on personal experience and critical thinking is that consciousness (god) creates universes so it has a way to experience itself and learn about itself. it splinters off into innumerable beings and lives its lives within the constraints of the universe it inhabits. the being it inhabits dies and is reborn to try again. its just an intelligence. so theres no one coming from the sky to reveal itself and save the human race. its just numbers in a computer. its all fake.

if you get down to it there is absolutely nothing rational in anyway about atheism.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

no, im a nihilist. just because the universe has a purpose i dont necessarily think there is any reason. we could easily not be part of any sort of experience and just be aware of our own awareness. having a universe to populate simply gives us something to do. we learn, we create, we destroy, and so on but ultimately its all pointless. we make our own reason.

and again you think of god in terms of a biblical god. this is silly. you know its silly because its a dumb book writen by dumb people. god is us. god is the trees. my belief based on personal experience and critical thinking is that consciousness (god) creates universes so it has a way to experience itself and learn about itself. it splinters off into innumerable beings and lives its lives within the constraints of the universe it inhabits. the being it inhabits dies and is reborn to try again. its just an intelligence. so theres no one coming from the sky to reveal itself and save the human race. its just numbers in a computer. its all fake.

if you get down to it there is absolutely nothing rational in anyway about atheism.

It's just like I said above, those who get it, get it. We need no other words besides that. You will never change his mind. He still thinks of the belief in God as a physical being that we will stand before when we die and go over sins which is just silly and he knows that.

You my friend, get it.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

This post is just my thoughts on religion and its non-existence of evidence.

Many people who believe in God accept that there is no evidence for God's existence. We do not experience God the same way we experience holding an apple in our hand. Nobody ever denies the existence of apples. In terms of God, because there is no evidence, people have faith.

Yes. 1,000,000 topics about religion, god and everything in-between. However I just want to offer a little thinking outside the box for some among ATS. I thought it would be fun. Before I start, I am an Atheist. Proud to say so.

There are two types of atheists. One type openly denies the existence of God. But you can't prove a negative. The second type just choose not to use the concept of God in their lives because there is no evidence. You seem like the first type.

A little quote I enjoyed and I think shines light on the whole situation.

"Let's imagine that we have a conversation one day and I say to you, "I believe in Leprechauns. You cannot prove that Leprechauns do not exist, therefore they exist." You actually have heard of Leprechauns. There are lots of books, movies and fairy tales dealing with Leprechauns. People talk about Leprechauns all the time. Leprechauns even have a popular brand of breakfast cereal. That does not mean that Leprechauns exist."

link

God is generally thought of as more than just a limited creature like a Leprechaun. God is also a broader concept representing the whole of all existence. The idea of God represents all that is possible. The pantheistic idea of God is God is the Universe is a very popular idea. Leprechauns do not represent the same idea.

Obviously religion holds on true beautiful message, that everyone will be ok, everything happens for a reason and you and I will forever be happy jolly people. However daily life reminds me and my of us, that this is not the case. Disease, war, famine, violence, racism. The list goes on....

If religion did not exist at all there would be just as many wars, murders, and senseless acts of violence in the world. Religion did not invent human nature.

Stephen Hawking put it rather wonderfully...

"What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?"

link
We have always (under religious eyes) been set up to fail. A baby born with no crimes, wrong doings or any bad thought. IS already deemed to hell. You would think in the even simple of minds that would seem a little off.
The biggest question that should occur in rational minds is that. Have we ever not been able to achieve the things we set our minds to? Most of what we have dreamed, we have made happen and also continue to achieve and create. Creating things like the The Artificial Heart, Computers/Internet/Microchip, Satellites, Landing on the Moon and Cloning. To name a few.
The point being we are our own creators now. We should not be able to create if the creator created us. We should not obtain those powers, yet we do. The magician does not give away his secret, otherwise the trick would not seem so impressive.
and most importantly. If we live in a world where religion is above the law and cannot be questioned in this way, then we live in a very worrying age. Putting it simply in the below quote by Rowan Atkinson.

God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature just one-step beyond our comprehension. God is not just out there as something to experience or passing judgment on those who have died. God is an idea representing something from within us as many religions have stated. Your view of God is way too simplistic.

Being an atheist is very easy. You should try arguing the theist point of view. It's much more challenging!
edit on 1-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: type

edit on 1-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: type

edit on 1-11-2016 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This is a great post even though I do not agree with your conclusions.

Yes, everything in the Universe and our lives is meaningless. But, it is also meaningless that it is meaningless. So, you might as well choose meaningful since it makes no difference.

We are made of the very stuff we are experiencing. We are the Universes way of experiencing itself. What it means is self-evident supported by the experience itself. It doesn't need any additional clarification or commentary to be meaningful beyond exactly what it is in the moment.

The funny thing about reality is it always turns out to be much stranger than anything we could ever imagine. So I have wondered what would be the strangest possibility to turn out to be true. And that would be the biblical God being real. That's what the Universe does. It always confounds us. It always keeps our full comprehension of all it's meaning just one step beyond our full comprehension. It's very strange how that works out. You and I better start praying.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I love answering people like yourself because you seem to think everything is for a reason, why?
We are not here for a reason just like every life form on this planet is not here for a reason. It one life form died off tomorrow (granted it does not mess with the balance of life for other lifeforms here) it would not be noticed. However even if we died off tomorrow, all of us all died. Nothing would happen, the highest in the food chain after us would continue to live and thats that. There is probably (rational realistic thinking) thousands and millions of variations of life like us throughout the universe but the point is, non of it is important. We are not here for a reason, we have no duty, the only beautiful thing about our life is that we are here, so enjoy the party.
There is no higher power as it would have shown itself already and it has not. It has no duty to show us any evidence. Just as I said in other posts throughout history there is no evidence or proof of any deities throughout history. Fact. Just ramblings of old men.

The does seem to be a certain amount of order in the Universe. Time flows in one direction as far as we know. And despite everything wanting to break apart there are forces in the Universe bringing things together to create new forms of ever increasing organization. We are made of the very stuff we are experiencing. And despite people's claims that it all means nothing there is probably an equally valid conclusion that the organization has a direction and therefore a purpose.

It seems to me given the equal evidence you could claim no purposes just as well as higher purpose.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Hey, I got news for you, Leprechauns do exist.
They are called little green men and they will stick a probe up your bun so fast you won’t be able to yell “Oh my Lucky Charms!”

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

What really happened: There was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Exactly that.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Hey, I got news for you, Leprechauns do exist.
They are called little green men and they will stick a probe up your bun so fast you won’t be able to yell “Oh my Lucky Charms!”

Made me laugh!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

i disagree that i wont change his mind. i changed mine. i was an atheist with the exact same beliefs that he holds up untill about 4 years ago. then i actually started thinking about it. and low and behold my mind changed. but this was in part to out of body experiences and other such phenomenon that i had. that might have played a large part.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

i disagree that i wont change his mind. i changed mine. i was an atheist with the exact same beliefs that he holds up untill about 4 years ago. then i actually started thinking about it. and low and behold my mind changed. but this was in part to out of body experiences and other such phenomenon that i had. that might have played a large part.

Exactly. You came to the conclusion on your own by looking inside instead of outside. And so must he, though you may be able to plant some seeds!

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

I mean by the end of this he isn't going to come out and say " I've realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves"

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
There is clear and undeniable evidence of God and no evidence at all for Leprechauns, so this comparison is rather silly.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
There is clear and undeniable evidence of God and no evidence at all for Leprechauns, so this comparison is rather silly.

First science must find God. And when they do, science will put their own Scientific name on their discovery.

And then science will make the claime...... that they discovered God first.

I can just see it happen lol.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

lol. anything is possible.

and im not saying its meaningless. thats just my experience. which is just as valid as yours is. my philosophy drives my understanding. i dont want to inject meaning into my existence, so i dont. i have no use for a purpose

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

i think eventually one day in this life or the next everyone realizes this. everyone at some point is gonna wake up on the ceiling looking down on their sleeping body and start to question their own understanding of reality. its inevitable.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

First science must find God. And when they do, science will put their own Scientific name on their discovery.

Science is the study of God's creation. As of today, the scientific field is a primitive effort to grasp at an understanding of this creation, akin to a new born baby taking it's first look at the world. Your analogy is like saying we have to wait for that baby to tell us how to manage our lives.
The existence of God is undeniable and 100% proven. The word 'God' means different things to different people, but the evidence of creation is all around us and within us.
There is, however, no evidence for the existence of Leprechauns.
edit on 1/11/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Science is the study of God's creation. As of today, the scientific field is a primitive effort to grasp at an understanding of this creation, akin to a new born baby taking it's first look at the world. Your analogy is like saying we have to wait for that baby to tell us how to manage our lives.
The existence of God is undeniable and 100% proven. The word 'God' means different things to different people, but the evidence of creation is all around us and within us.
There is, however, no evidence for the existence of Leprechauns.

Can you prove leprechauns don't exist? I just googled it and there are lots and lots of search results, aka "evidence". It appears they are taken quite seriously in some parts of the world.

edit on 1-11-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join