It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get a new identity and delete yourself from the internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
don't think it's very easy from what I've heard. It's not worth the effort of trying to hide. If you're gonna put that much effort into something, what you should do is try to look into residencies in different countries. Move to a free country.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morrad
Thanks for the link. I am unfortunate in the sense I am the only person in the UK with my name (first name and surname).

Five years ago I considered moving and setting up my own web-hosting company in another EU country (I have family there). I bought the domain name, set up my server etc but my plans changed. I never moved and the business was never live or even registered. The domain info was supposed to be hidden as I paid specifically for this add-on with the option to disable it at a later date.

To my dismay I found two entries for the web domain with all my personal details including my home address. Google refused to remove several links under the EU privacy directive. I can understand their reasoning. They said it involved my professional reputation and people had a right to see it. I did explain the situation to them but they obviously thought is bs.

I contacted the two companies who had the details and they refused to remove them saying their database was for their customers and some may find the details useful. I was advised they would only look at any further correspondence from a legal representative.

It is a stain on my professional career (I am not even in the IT field!).

I'm Morrad and so is my wife.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks interesting. I will have a look thanks, this is something I've wanted to do for years a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Once I have time to go through it I will come back and post a review.

You never did, liar.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Im going to go on a hike in Yosemite park and after a year have myself declared dead. My whole 5 year plan is to steal an illegals personal info and get deported each year to a new and more tropical country.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Anonymity on the internet is elusive to impossible at best. Only way out is to not participate, or to simply use someone else's identity. Only way to fix this would be to abolish the sale of information. If it has value, someone will gather it and sell it or otherwise use it to their advantage.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have never used my real name on the internet.

I have always used a nom de plume that only friends know.

Why because i saw early that people would use your post for attacking you.
And employers would use anything they did not like for a reason not to hire you or as a reason to fire you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join