It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to get a new identity and delete yourself from the internet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The main purpose of this thread was to make those interested in the title aware of a book that is currently free for the kindle.

Amazon

I just downloaded the book, haven't had a chance to read it yet, while I am not looking for a new identity I am interested in starting to scrub my footprint as much as possible off the internet.

Once I have time to go through it I will come back and post a review.
edit on 30-10-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There is something wrong with your link (it takes me to create a new post on ats...)
Is THIS what you are talking about?

edit on 10302016 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Yeppers... I am continuing a day of face plants it seems, thanks link is fixed.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
So......If your getting a new identity...then why do you have to delete the old one from the Internet ? Why bother? .....not trying to be mean, but I'm just asking because it seems if you have a new identity then Why care about the old one ?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I hope you don't mind but I'm adding the link for Amazon UK as well. It wouldn't let me download it off '.com'

Amazon UK

link   
Personally I think if you have ever had a Microsoft or Google account (any) and a Facebook account at anytime the notion that you can hit the reset button is very slim unless old deleted information is scrubbed by accident when these big companies update servers etc..

I have noticed over the last few years that the level of personal information required for even the most menial thing is fairly high. Many accounts it seems are impossible to delete, my worry with all this for many people is that with employers now recruiting sources to try and trace down even the smallest bit of information on you, a social media comment 10 years after the fact can be viewed totally different than say the day it was posted.. I know a number of people that have been reprimanded over social media conversations that outside sources had no business getting involved with. The sad fact is many people now view this type of thing as normal but then if you are stupid enough to put your life online for all to see it will only be a matter of time before you offend someone..

Personally I think people should have the right to have all information deleted from servers as 15 years ago it was a very new concept and at the time many people did not know how their information would be used or even if it was stored at all, I guess many thought of they deleted a social media conversation then that was it, little did they know it was logged and then usable for eternity.. Scary stuff..

RA
edit on 30-10-2016 by slider1982 because: Added

link   
I understand the point of the thread is essentially about erasing your tracks and flying under the radar so to speak, but...

My personal goals revolve around a 10 to 20 year plan to develop the biggest possible footprint I can muster while creating an identity I prefer and to use that to benefit myself and others.

Everyday we make choices and these decisions develop and create a new identity. We can actually decide who we become. You can win the game with even the worst possible hand, it's all how you play and what risks you decide to take.

There's nothing to fear except fear itself, so calculate a game plan that furthers your agenda to fulfill what you want in life. I promote the idea of being opportunistic and capitalizing on all that is available in front of you right now.

Think deeply about that.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
The main purpose of this thread was to make those interested in the title aware of a book that is currently free for the kindle.

Amazon

I just downloaded the book, haven't had a chance to read it yet, while I am not looking for a new identity I am interested in starting to scrub my footprint as much as possible off the internet.

Once I have time to go through it I will come back and post a review.

What a great way to start. By making a thread telling us of your intentions on one of the largest alternative media sites on the interwebs.

See the irony?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It's a free KIndle download. I just read it. it's 70 some odd pages long. The book is repetitive and simplistic, It can't decide whether you are going to live off the grid in the woods or simply change your name and domicile. If the former, you'll never survive using these techniques. You could do a better list compilation yourself in a few minutes' time. Get a pocket knife and a back pack. Duh. If the latter, there's no real definitive information here on how to actually change your identity. "Go to the social security office and get a new social security number." M'K guess that covers it. "Don't use social media." Well, good bye ATS. Get rid of your cell phone, your credit cards, and your car. Hang out in gay bars or motorcycle bars if you need a place to stay. Move to Rhode island. Everything in the book is obvious to the point of pain. It's free, and I paid too much. Not recommended.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The thing is, you claim that you are looking to scrub your ether footprint. It can't be done, but even if you are 10% correct, you will not be back to comment, because you would have at least closed your ATS account.

edit on 30/10/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Said I was interested, and since it cost nothing I figured why not let people know..

As for scrubbing my footprint, there are some specific things I am looking to do... but hey fine, since apparently I offended some folks sensibilities Ill keep things to myself going forward...sheesh.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I am unfortunate in the sense I am the only person in the UK with my name (first name and surname).

Five years ago I considered moving and setting up my own web-hosting company in another EU country (I have family there). I bought the domain name, set up my server etc but my plans changed. I never moved and the business was never live or even registered. The domain info was supposed to be hidden as I paid specifically for this add-on with the option to disable it at a later date.

To my dismay I found two entries for the web domain with all my personal details including my home address. Google refused to remove several links under the EU privacy directive. I can understand their reasoning. They said it involved my professional reputation and people had a right to see it. I did explain the situation to them but they obviously thought is bs.

I contacted the two companies who had the details and they refused to remove them saying their database was for their customers and some may find the details useful. I was advised they would only look at any further correspondence from a legal representative.

It is a stain on my professional career (I am not even in the IT field!).

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: olaru12

Said I was interested, and since it cost nothing I figured why not let people know..

As for scrubbing my footprint, there are some specific things I am looking to do... but hey fine, since apparently I offended some folks sensibilities Ill keep things to myself going forward...sheesh.

Rise to the occasion ffs. I have not clicked the link, not interested, what's out there is out there and will remain there, my bad, my immaturity, my fault, it is what it is

Don't go going "sheesh" if it doesn't suit what you were expecting, it's only page 1, stop being so sensitive

edit on 2016-10-30T17:32:39-05:002016Sun, 30 Oct 2016 17:32:39 -0500bSunday3210America/Chicago165 by corblimeyguvnor because: page 1 comment

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Morrad Morrad?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I have a little second-hand knowledge of this subject. All I will say at this time is that if you are creating a new identity and planning to fake your death, you should start work on the former long before you start work on the latter. For several reasons that are entirely obvious, but not least because the biggest black market for genuine death certificates is the Philippines, and if you are planning to be 'declared dead' there, you are going to need some way of leaving afterwards!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
I have a little second-hand knowledge of this subject. All I will say at this time is that if you are creating a new identity and planning to fake your death, you should start work on the former long before you start work on the latter. For several reasons that are entirely obvious, but not least because the biggest black market for genuine death certificates is the Philippines, and if you are planning to be 'declared dead' there, you are going to need some way of leaving afterwards!

Wow OK

Sorry, that's all i got [sarcasm]
edit on 2016-10-30T17:50:41-05:002016Sun, 30 Oct 2016 17:50:41 -0500bSunday5010America/Chicago165 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

You're welcome.

I presume everyone is familiar with the 'dead baby' method?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I understand the point of the thread is essentially about erasing your tracks and flying under the radar so to speak, but...

My personal goals revolve around a 10 to 20 year plan to develop the biggest possible footprint I can muster while creating an identity I prefer and to use that to benefit myself and others.

Everyday we make choices and these decisions develop and create a new identity. We can actually decide who we become. You can win the game with even the worst possible hand, it's all how you play and what risks you decide to take.

There's nothing to fear except fear itself, so calculate a game plan that furthers your agenda to fulfill what you want in life. I promote the idea of being opportunistic and capitalizing on all that is available in front of you right now.

Think deeply about that.

You'rr on that wave too? Excellent.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Thanks Schuyler.

I downloaded it, but after reading your review (and knowing you a bit from my time here at ATS) - I won't bother reading it.

70 pages is a walk in the park but there are many other things I could do with my time...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Never really had an Identity "per say " ,on the internet to begin with , as soon as I became comfortable , I was banned by moderation , I'm just some cumbersome "peg ' , too far out there for rational conspiracy sites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join