It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civ 6 - AI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Is it just me or is the AI in this new version cerifiable?

I'm still learning the ropes and will be for a while. But in this latest game, I am in a perpetual war with Arabia, and despite the fact that Sumeria declared war on me and lost a city which they ceded as part of the peace agreement, they constantly denounce me because I am "occupying" their city. Also, I think Gilgamesh is nuts because he keeps denouncing me for converting his city which is impossible because I never founded a religion in this game.

How could it convert anything? I've built no religious units at all!

Meanwhile Catherine likes me and that makes me nervous. I don't even know her.

I can't seem to figure out how to make anyone like me in any of my games ... except Catherine. And she will like me right up until she declares "SURPRISE! I'm invading."

I hope they tweak the AI's insanity ratio down a tad. I don't mind being at war, but I would like to figure out how to make the occasional ally ... aside from Catherine because she might as well not be an ally at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sounds like real-life politics. Truth is secondary. I've been looking for a good game since I dumped SWTOR. Haven't found one of the caliber yet. If you have any suggestions I'll take them. My poor Alienware is just sitting there begging for a new game. It'd give me something to do besides sit on ATS and be discouraged.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I remember in Civ 5 Poland said they're friendly then proceeded to invade me with a massive force.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Civ is fun. Don't get me wrong. I just haven't figures out the diplomatic system yet. I feel like I'm trying to negotiate with 5-year-olds.

The city development, civics and other systems are lots of fun. I find that city planning alone is keeping me well entertained.

And unlike in some earlier iterations, I don't feel like I am completely overwhelmed by sudden war declarations. I've been having a reasonable time holding my own and it's actually fun to fight wars for a change. Then there's the espionage system ...

And like all Civ games, this is the base so they will add to it with DLC, major and minor, plus there is an active mod community that will release mods for you to tweak the game to your liking as time goes on.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I remember in Civ 5 Poland said they're friendly then proceeded to invade me with a massive force.

Yeah, I love that. You see all the units moving back and forth and you're like ... "Hmmm, that doesn't look at all suspiscious." Then the leader shows up and says, "You're too stupid to live! (WAR)" and the hoarde pours across the border.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Sounds like real-life politics. Truth is secondary. I've been looking for a good game since I dumped SWTOR. Haven't found one of the caliber yet. If you have any suggestions I'll take them. My poor Alienware is just sitting there begging for a new game. It'd give me something to do besides sit on ATS and be discouraged.

Empyrion

It's on sale this weekend on Steam

Link

If you like to build, explore, affect the terrain and gameworld... THIS is the game for you.

Empyrion is a 3D open world, space survival adventure in which you can fly across space and land on planets. Build, explore, fight and survive in a hostile galaxy full of hidden dangers.

Empyrion features space & planetary exploration, building & construction, mining & resource gathering, survival, crafting, as well as space & land combats. Using the Unity 3D engine, Empyrion uniquely combines elements from space simulations, construction games, survival games and ego-shooters. The game is currently under development by Eleon Game Studios.

Empyrion is about building and survival in a hostile environment. You can build everything out of blocks and building parts like in Minecraft: large starships, small spaceships, space and planetary stations, as well as facilities such as mining robots and solar panels.
Your mobile home base is a self-created starship (your mothership) that is able to fly from planet to planet (and warp between the to-be-introduced multi-solar systems later in development!). To access and explore a planet, you build one or several, small spaceships that can enter the planet’s orbit and land on the planet’s surface. Equip your mothership and spaceships with weapons to defend yourself against other players and NPC enemies.

For building and construction, you must gather and mine resources. You will find these resources on planets and asteroids. Empyrion features several planet types such as desert, ice, lava, barren, oceanic, temperate and gas planets. Each of them is different and has its own characteristics and potentially unforgiving conditions. To survive, you have to adapt to a planet’s unique environment. Initially, you face an uncharted universe with only basic information about the planets, their resources, and (potentially dangerous) life forms. Before your first landing on a planet, you will not know exactly what awaits you – be prepared for any surprise.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
they constantly denounce me because I am "occupying" their city.

I can't seem to figure out how to make anyone like me in any of my games

I would like to figure out how to make the occasional ally

Here's a list of leader agendas.
Link
Say for example that you have a strong military and produce alot of faith and culture - then Japan will probably be friendly to you.
I have a problem with leaders constantly denouncing me too. In one game, my civ was bordered against India, and Ghandi started amassing troops by my border. I of course put some of my troops there to counter in case he attacked, but then he asked me to move them. I ignored the request, so throughout the game he kept denouncing me every few turns until he finally declared war on me, even though he "Never declares wars for which he can be branded a warmonger, and will try to befriend those who maintain the peace".
I've noticed a few bugs and minor issues, but I'm sure the game will be improved upon in the future, especially with upcoming DLC.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What genre of game are you looking for?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Overwatch, surprisingly fun game, ranked is a little stressful though

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

What genre of game are you looking for?

Really looking for a game comparable to SWTOR. I really like the human interaction in tat game, plus some nice craftimg. I'm not really wanting an FPS. SWTOR changed with level 60+ and took away access to companions, changing crafting, and did a lot of unnecessary manipulative things to that game that spoiled it for me. It remains the best game i ever played, though, and I'm looking for a replacement that is its equivalent.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't worry about it... even in the vanilla game of Civ 5 the AI was notorious at randomly declaring war.
I'm sure they'll patch the AI soon sometime before the end of this year or at the very least by the first expansion.

Also what map size are you playing on? maybe play on a smaller map with less AI will help.

edit; You could also trying being extremely generous in trade
edit on 10pm31America/Chicago3104America/Chicagopm1013 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I didn't even see them. Maybe one spearman. But out of the fog came so many more. "Friendly"...right. On the other hand my first game was as Poland and in the end 3 civilizations remained. Me, France and the Iroqouis. We were all buddies which is great because I had one calvary unit to defend my 3 cities, one of which was bordering France and the latter two had modern tech and nuclear weapons technology. The French had so many attack helicopters and tanks and what not while I was in Great War tech with a single calvary unit and no plans to form a more powerful force.

new topics

top topics

join