It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s revisit the genesis of the Anthony Weiner investigation - Things may not be what they seem.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
In light of the FBI’s announcement on Friday, I think it’s important to revisit how the current Anthony Weiner investigation began.

I admit, when the Weiner story first broke — indicating he was ‘sexting' with a 15 year old girl — I thought it felt like a set-up or scripted, and that there was a greater purpose behind it that was not immediately obvious.

But, I put it out of my mind. However, seeing where it has led, now, I think it’s worth taking a second look. Also, in light of Trump’s comment, last year, that Weiner would “tell the world” all about “Hillary’s private illegal emails,” I feel like there are too many coincidences that may not be incidental.

None of this is to say that Anthony Weiner is not a sleazebag. He is. But there are some interesting clues that Weiner may have been set up, or possibly even in on an orchestrated scheme to get the device referenced in the latest FBI news, regarding Hillary’s email server, into the hands of investigators.

I haven’t drawn any conclusions, myself, about who or why something like that might have been planned, but I wanted to put this in your minds for contemplation.

To begin, let's start with the DailyMail story that kicked-off the current Weiner investigation: Link to Story

The Daily Mail got the scoop from the 15 year old girl, in question, and their interview with her reveals some interesting facts.

First, the 15 year old girl approached Weiner and knew all about him. She said she was "obsessed" with him:

The girl first reached out to Weiner on the evening of January 23, 2016, when she noticed his Twitter page allowed non-followers to contact him through direct private messages. 

She told DailyMail.com she was interested in politics and had heard about his sexting scandals, and was curious to see what he was like.  

It was clear from the messages that she was encouraging Weiner to engage with her in a sexual manner. She told DailyMail.com she didn't consider Weiner her boyfriend, but thought the relationship was a 'romantic' one.

She acknowledged during interviews that she had developed an obsession with Weiner, and sought him out on Twitter in January while trying to write a book about him. She said she continued to write the book as their relationship developed.

'Why did I message you [in January]?' the girl wrote in an email to Weiner last week. 'I was studying you- for a book of course. You were my Hannibal Lecter. 

'I wanted to know what made you tick. As we chatted, I pretended to not know EVERYTHING about you. I didn't want to appear suspicious.'

She also told Weiner: 'I was obsessed with you.' 

During the course of their months-long communication, the girl expressed concerns about her parents knowing she was talking to him. This was evidenced in screenshots of their messages.

During the course of their communication, the girl told Weiner that she was deleting his messages:

However, she was, in fact, taking screenshots of the conversations — sometimes during the midst of their conversations, and saving them despite her expressed fears that her parents might find out she was communicating with him. This is evident from some of the screenshots she shared with Daily Mail:

She even used a second camera to capture conversations from Confide - an app that deletes the sender's name after the first message is opened. She was ready and prepared to record all the evidence of their communication:

..except Skype, where she claims the sleaziest and most outrageous conversations, took place:

When we would Skype, he would tell me that he was very lonely and that it had been a year since he and his wife [Huma] had sex, and that she really didn't pay him any attention,' said the girl. 'We would talk, just chatting for about 30 minutes and it would lead to more sexual things…asking me to undress…he'd comment on my body. He asked me about masturbation, and that kind of thing.'

Eventually, the girl claimed she started feeling guilty about hiding the relationship, and told her father and a teacher about it in late April.

But, instead of going to the authorities, the girl and her father (reportedly an attorney) decided to go to the Daily Mail with the story.

To me it seems that Weiner may have been set up…or perhaps he was fully in on some grand plan. I thought the story lacked the feel of authenticity when it broke, and I cannot help but recall that suspicion now, in context of recent events.

edit on 30-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Anthony was probably setup by his wife Huma. I guess it come back to bite her in the ass. Karma is my favorite word.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
set up by whom ?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
set up by whom ?

As I said in my OP, I have not drawn any conclusions about that.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Anthony was probably setup by his wife Huma. I guess it come back to bite her in the ass. Karma is my favorite word.

Possibly.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a set up to me. There are just too many coincidences to consider as you mention yourself.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one with a gapping mouth wondering WTF!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Possibly.

But unlikely, something more nefarious is transpiring me thinks.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Possibly.

But unlikely, something more nefarious is transpiring me thinks.

I'm glad you responded. Your comment, this morning, on another thread about Trump's comment, last year, actually inspired me to write this post.

My gut says it's something more nefarious, too.

edit on 30-10-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Reminds me of the local story of a pedophile who claimed the kids came on to him, therefore it wasn't his fault. Apparently Weiner knew the girl's age. She did not lie to him or keep it from him. Given that it doesn't really matter if he was set up by a clever girl. He still did it, knowing her age. Wiener is obviously out of control. Even after he was caught the first time, and the second time, he continued to do it. He threw away a very promising career. I'm not a Hillary fan at all--quite the opposite, but I feel sorry for Huma and the humiliation she has had to endure. It may have been a political marriage of convenience and all that, but they have a kid together. How would you like to be that kid and grow up and read the newspaper account of your father's behavior? So yeah, Wiener may have been set up, but there's no doubt he took the bait. He didn't have to.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Reminds me of the local story of a pedophile who claimed the kids came on to him, therefore it wasn't his fault. Apparently Weiner knew the girl's age. She did not lie to him or keep it from him. Given that it doesn't really matter if he was set up by a clever girl. He still did it, knowing her age. Wiener is obviously out of control. Even after he was caught the first time, and the second time, he continued to do it. He threw away a very promising career. I'm not a Hillary fan at all--quite the opposite, but I feel sorry for Huma and the humiliation she has had to endure. It may have been a political marriage of convenience and all that, but they have a kid together. How would you like to be that kid and grow up and read the newspaper account of your father's behavior? So yeah, Wiener may have been set up, but there's no doubt he took the bait. He didn't have to.

As I stated in my OP, Weiner is a sleazebag. My post did not mean to suggest otherwise.

However, I am not willing, at this point, to rule out that Weiner was possibly a willing participant in a plan to set him up.

So far, evidence that he tried to get the girl to meet him for sex has not been made public -- if it exists. Perhaps nothing more comes of his investigation than the FBI reopening the investigation into Hillary's email server. If Weiner is not charged with anything, then I would definitely not rule out that he might be a willing participant in a very grand scheme.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Why would Huma set up her own husband in the middle of a presidential election that would shine back on her and her candidate such a negative light?
Unless Huma knows some serious stuff she doesn't want to be a part of and wants "out"(?) Could this be her way of "killing two birds with one stone"
Inundate his computer with all the goodies she doesn't dare bring to light herself, set up her husband for something he's already know for and wait for them to come take out the trash, knowing the investigation would lead back to the serious thing she couldn't divulge herself.
She comes out like she is as confused and frustrated as everyone else in the Clinton camp.........

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I agree, I actually posted 20 mins ago suggested he may of been honey trapped, Remember weiner would of known a LOT about Huma and Clinton.

Those emails in the life insurance folder may of been life insurance after all.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Whatever is given to the masses via MSM is mostly a diversion.

hmmmm, NATO tanks entering Lithuania near Russian border. Bond market is starting to tank leading to DOW implosion.

But hey, lets keep up to date on the Kardasians whilst Rome burns.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I never thought anything other than him being a weirdo until now. But i found it extremely strange when Trump said he would expose it all. Maybe Trump knew all along

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Since you opened this thread, I may as well share here what I've posted elsewhere in relation to this:

[tinhat]
NSA knows everything about everyone

They know about every connection everyone has to everyone else

They have profiles on everyone, the more important you are or the closer you are to an important person, the more detailed a profile they have

They knew not all of Hillary's emails were deleted and also knew were else they would be contained

Knowing all of the above, it is not too much of a stretch to think that someone would have initiated an Op to take advantage of the existing proclivities of Wiener in order to provide the impetus to take the investigation in a direction which would lead to the uncovering of previously unknown (to investigative agents, not unknown to the NSA) information relating to the closed case

[/tinhat]

Or it could have happened through a fortuitous circumstance of an, "unrelated investigation."

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I'm more inclined to believe your tinhat scenario.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
ultra deep conspiracy theory:

Weiner and Huma are both Mossad.

Think about the Israel advantages to get first hand intel directly from inside the U.S. Secretary of State's office.

Weiner being Jewish might make him eligible to "return" to Israel without criminal prosecution?

The entire Weiner sex scandal might be just a diversion.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Has it been proven that TDog is really 15 yrs. old, or that these messages were actually 100% for certain sent by her?

I ask this because I live in a world of 12 - 16 year olds, more or less! The texting is nothing like a 15 yr. old would text. I have never seen a 15 yr. old girl spell out a number (twelve as opposed to 12).

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

of course he knew, Trump is rich he probably has paid spies everywhere feeding him blackmail material,he probably even has people sending the F.B.I. anonymous tips, " pst, hey guys you should look a little deeper into this weiner guy"

or

he may have paid informants in the F.B.I. or NSA giving him info.

edit on 30-10-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Sorry to burst your bubble but that is not how the current scandal started.

The story actually broke a full month before.

link

From the link:

He attached a picture of his crotch, with his son curled up nearby in a blanket. “You do realize you can see you[r] Weiner in that pic??” the woman responded, according to the Post

I appreciate what you are saying here and you may be right , But Anthony Weiner is his own kind of butt-hole

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join