It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Idea Of God Play A Pivotable Role In The Conspiracy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Agreed as well as is the second comment related

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'll be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn but who do you trust. Jesus, if he found soul enlightment and his disiples, they were all killed or was it sacrificed? If in fact they really existed, no one can prove it.

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This just caught my eye, and after reading your initial post I would have to say, I should have seen this thread first before starting the one I started about, Is there a point? These are my questions, but being of little intellect compared to you, I found it hard in the end to write *exactly* what my own point of the thread was. So it seems I got lost and lost members as well and thus ended it with "Could be a phase"..

I just wanted to point that out, as alot of the things you are asking, I am ultimately thinking, but as stated above, cannot find words to shed as you can..
I'll certainly read this thread entirely all..

Great thoughts Toltec~

*obviously have trouble typing and spelling too*

[Edited on 7/14/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
TgSoe we can look at what has been said about the past with respect to religions and as a result some skepticism is healthy, but to presume that they were [raving] lunatics is another story.

Maintaining a degree of skepticism with respect to the latter is just as healthy.....

The door swings both ways.

That can and often does apply to all of the decisions one can make.

Thank you Majestica for your comments

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Does The Idea Of God Play A Pivotable Role In The Conspiracy? *The 'idea' of God, I believe does play a pivotable role, because it seems so many perceive Him so differently, by way of religion or beliefs, bible or preachings. God is different to all*

Is the idea of God something, which is to blame for all our problems? *I don't personally blame God for any of my problems, however, He created us (so some believe)
so as a complete result, yes He could be blamed for them all. I don't follow any religion, so I have my own personal beliefs about God and things sacred/spiritual. So blaming Him for anything is not my forte. He gave us life and we choose what we do with it. It is/was and always will be a test or game to Him. Our time here seems long, but to Him, it's the blink of an eye.*

Or is he something, which we should praise as the cure to what is wrong? *We can praise Him as the cure, I do find myself thanking Him when things happen in my life that I've prayed or wished for, but again, we choose what we do here with our time, so we should look within ourselves for praise. To me, I think this means more to Him then having us praise Him. I have a terrible tendency to look at life through His eyes, which most say isn't possible or is a sin, by way of *their* belief. So I feel that if I created something, and it/they do something worth while, then it is they who deserve the pat on the back from themselves, yet in a round about way, they would be patting the Creator on the back as well by saying "See what I can do here, see what I've done, I'm wonderful and you created this/me.*

For thousands of years mankind has lived believing that something exists outside the realm of this awareness.
*Yes, and we will continue for as long as humans remain, to think there is nothing there, could ultimately be thinking that we are nothing*

And the question placed today is does it serve a purpose or is it the result of a fantasy? *The purpose is to find ourselves as not just flesh and bone. To find out we are so much greater then we could ever begin to imagine, our capabilities are hindered sometimes by our simple lack of thinking that "we are mere *humans*".but there is nothing greater to me then the human spirit, the thing about it though, is *most times* we have to look for it in order to find it. Often times we just close our eyes to it when it tries to find us, but just opening them would answer so much about who we really are here. And why we are here at all*

Are we created to guarantee each of us serve a system whose function is intent upon making sure we think God is real? *That is the question of endless answers. I can say from myself, "YES" there must have been every intention for us, each of us to find Him, whether it be through religion or something else or alone. But again, everyone who does find Him, does not necessarily find the same as the next. I believe we all have a personal God-yet the same God, for each of our individualities. We have to, otherwise noone would ever find Him to be real. God made us, each different and suited for each piece of Him. That's why I never bash others beliefs. That is the God for them, that is how they must believe and only He knows that. He offers us MANY ways to find Him, it's up to us to find that *way* that best suits us.*

Is the Holy Bible our master (or for that matter is the Tao te ching its equivalent) ? *I don't think it is, not to me anyway, it is something that can enlighten some and confuse many. But it's there and offered to everyone to read and find meaning to. I do read the bible, but I don't quote it like some do, because again, I find my own personal meanings inside what is written. I can sometimes feel something inside me, a confusion, or some other emotion and something makes me pick up the bible and read-just something randomly selected and I find it always seems to suit what I'm feeling somehow? Could it be magic? Could it be something inside me that needed to read that particular entry? Could it be God Himself? That is for us to decide in the end. The bible let's us peer into a life and lives long ago, when the world was full of paranormal and sacred experiences..yet they were much like us today, so it does have relation, and we can read it beyond words*

Is what we are taught about life and reality with respect to a conservative interpretation valid? *I don't think so, No..but this depends soley on each person and how and who taught them. I wouldn't consider my teachings and beliefs conservative at all..and I don't think it should be either. Conservative is a word I would use for alot of things, but not God or anything holy or spiritual.*

In respect to the issue of conspiracies how does what we today accept as real, differ from what is wrong (in the real world)? Simple, what we accept is what hinders us it's what keeps us from finding what is truly real. We are the conspiracy, not the Creator..we choose what we will and we can only go so far as our *worldly* bodies and minds will let us, in order to move on, we have to break away from it, seperate it, understand that it's not something secret at all, it's not something false or fake, it's as real as we are and it's a part of all of us. We hold ourselves back from finding what is true, yet if we just took one moment of our waking breath to and held it in and looked within we cuold see what is really *real* and what really longs to be brought out and learned as much as our flesh.*

Is creation a mistake, one whose function is to make mankind as a whole feel trepidation over evolution as a valid construct? *I'm not certain? This is only something I've thought about recently, I have thought that He may have made a mistake. And funny as it sounds, it has nothing to do with who we are and how we've evolved at this point. I do think we have every right to think of ourselves or question ourselves as a mistake sometimes. We *are* the creation, we have just as much say so in how we are and why we are as the Creator. We are something for Him to find happiness in, He gave us life and we are living it, while He stands inside watching and trying to live it with us. He tries to understand us as much if not more then we do. WE are one all of us, God included and together we make the whole that finds the truth or the meaning or the regrets and mistakes.*

Does the very fact we are alive act a proof that God is real, or is it evidence that life is part of a process of which God is a conclusion? *Yes, I believe it does, we are proof and we all are the conclusion, God and humans and anything living and existing is the conclusion*

I am open to all ideas and feel that the worst thing to do is to treat something as invalid just because some ideology feels it is wrong.

Has religion acted as an excuse for what is wrong? I wouldn't think so, we get so tied up in blaming and bashing and trying to understand someones elses religion, that we lose our own and we are the ones who become lost and confused. I wish people would stop trying to figure out religion and pinning blame on it. If it's not sacred to you, but is to me or someone else, then respect that. Be happy for someone else that found the truth at all, even if it was by way of religion.*

If there is a conspiracy (which I feel there is) race and color are not the answers but creed may be another story. Wow, yes, I do believe this. However will refrain from comment for now, as I could get very lost in this question.*

What are your thoughts?* And those are my thoughts, not too difficult yet not so simple, because it was my personal journey and continues to be until my time is up*
Magestica

[Edited on 7/14/03 by magestica]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Toltec, I know that religions are basicly good. I just don't get it sometimes. Maybe I haven't lived a perfect enough life to recieve the benefits of religion. Maybe the stories of the Bible for instance have a much deeper symbolic meaning than one might imagine. All I know is that I don't have enough life left on this planet to test every religion and see if it does what it says it will. I believe half of what I see and less of what I hear.

You mentioned the Taino Indians earlier. A spiritual people, yet they were all killed. Why were they killed? Were they a threat to other spiritual people?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes, for religious and political reasons.

They were not totally wiped out the only reason for that is that they fought back.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
David koresh faught back. Fighting back in this day and time would be suicide. Thier horses and swords are to mighty for us paupers on the ground with sticks and stones. Sometimes I get the idea thats what they want; the masses to cause a big uproar so they can swoop down on them and voporize them.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just dont worry about it cause you will know after this body fades away.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join