It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am in the hospital

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hey my fellow ATS-er, and brother in so many ways, I am rooting for you.

Keep going. Go with your higher power.

I also have problems with alcohol, and totally understand.

Things never change unless there is a crisis.

You need to go with your higher power now, whatever that may be.

Focus your crisis, and like a Phoenix, come out reborn and stronger on the other side of the rebirth with a greater understanding of it all, and you are going to be happier with everything

Best wishes for the journey.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Can't say too much other than "Hang in there man!" Sucks seeing a forum reg go through crap like that.

I'd probably be in a similar situation if it wasn't for family. Not so much the drinking (my vice is sweets, so I'm not entirely without one), but the homeless thing. It really sucks when the job situation just isn't there or doesn't pay off. Hopefully somebody local will try to get the connections going in order to get you back on your feet.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Innocuous

It's more a difference in technique. People say what they think the other person needs to hear. Some practice tough love, some are preachy, some overly flattering. All are hoping Tech hears what he needs to, to keep going. Well Tech, here's nine pages of people who care. You better be paying attention.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackmoonJester

I couldn't disagree more. And I'm curious, why would you flatter a homeless alcoholic? That seems destructive, dangerous and foolish overall.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well man, sometimes life happens. Just grab it by the nuts and smack it around a bit, and it will start playing ball again.

Hey buddy, if you need a place to crash, my father in law is currently in Hereford, and he has a room. Take 287 North to 86 west, and then north to 385. It is a farming town, so English is a second language there, at least that what it seemed when I was there in the summer. He was outside of Amarillo last year, so Hereford was new to me. Anyways, we got an understanding, so if your serious about getting on your feet, and don't mind putting in a little bit of work, let me know. I can make things happen in six states.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Honestly you folks can't see the damn forest for all them trees. Pat him on the back, send him on his way, you'll be fine. Just go drink yourself to death. I guess somewhere along the lines I became jaded & an asshat.....but I never thought having a drinking problem would be something to be proud of. I'll stand by my original words, in my original post. I u2u the OP to let him know this isn't personal to him it's all about the problem.....an alcohol problem. I've seen it kill good people, bad people, ALL PEOPLE it has no problem with any race, creed or color. Alcohol is a killer. I'm sure OP has other problems in his life, we all do. But alcohol as a coping mechanism is absurd. Alcohol makes every problem he has 1000 times larger,heavier, than they would be other wise. Tech, hope you get the help you need & life works out better for you in the days & years to come. Peace.oym1262 reply to: Riffrafter

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Tech, hope you get the help you need & life works out better for you in the days & years to come. Peace.oym1262 reply to: Riffrafter

Finally. Would it have killed you to have said that in your first post? That is what all the rest of us have been saying in this thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

But kicking someone when they are clearly down is abysmal in my opinion.

Of course he has a problem, and I do believe he recognizes it, but right now - while the poor bastard is lying in the hospital - a little support and encouragement can go a long way.

If you can't bring yourself to do that - I understand. But considering where he is, the golden rule applies. Or to put it in Riff terms, if you can't say something positive, then please STFU.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Damn buddy, get well soon, keep us up to date hey

Just to add:

If you were here in OZ mate, you could always stay in our crazy house

edit on 2/11/2016 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Damn i always took you for a crack head not a drunk....

Just jokes...get well there fellah i expect you to have one of the cute nurses phone number before you leave that place ...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Man, hate to hear that.

I've been there. Homeless, and addicted. (except for me it wasn't alcohol, it was "snow")

When you're at the bottom there are only two choices, stay there, or climb your way out. I chose the latter, and never looked back. Quit cold turkey, dealt with the withdrawals, and worked my tail off to made my life better.

For me, not for anyone else.

You got this, don't give up, and don't give in.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
So many pages of love already, but I will add my bean to the pile. Best wishes and hopes for a full recovery. Both from your emergent acute issues, and the beastly disease that is alcoholism. And it is a disease, no more worthy of scorn than cancer or HIV. The brain is a physical organ. I have seen addiction in all its guises - of which alcohol is but one - harm a lot of people, and have seen firsthand good people doing all they can to struggle against it, stumble. I have no scorn for anyone experiencing that horrible affliction. Only love and sympathy and best wishes.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Rest and find yourself, rest and take a look at yourself....heal and take a look at yourself, you are strong because your still around....dont beat yourself up too much....just another little stone in front of ya...

u can do it!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Bravo!

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There is nothing in your lifetime that will ever get me to...stfu. I never kicked anybody when they were down...I simply told the man the goddamn truth. Versus the damn pity party everyone else wants to throw him...In the hospital, because of a drinking problem. Sounds like a good reason to pat him on the back. a reply to: Riffrafter

edit on 2-11-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

One day at a time, stay sober...after 20 odd years of sobriety...I love my life.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

edit on 2-11-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Life's a rollercoaster. You're headed up. Hang in there.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Still watching this thread and waiting for any updates Tech!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join