It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you know? Heb. Eli becomes Julius in Latin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

J is even called Jod in German and most other Germanic languages. J was actually introduced into Ecclesiastical Latin in order to render the Hebrew Jod better. For Heb. letter Jod is a consonant, thus it cannot be properly rendered as I or Y.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Okay, gotcha. I thought you were actually serious about this... sorry for wasting your time and energy trying to have a real discussion. Won't make that mistake again!

My reply is a subtle codex reference: Long story made short: Revelation 12:14 in the Latin Vulgate.

«The great eagle is the imperial eagle, eh?»

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

And none of that has anything to do with names that start with 'E'.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Probably not. They don't even have the same meaning. The name Julius is a descriptor, like "short haired," "red haired" etc..it's actually kind of plain as far as those things go, kind of like "Smith." Eli, el, etcetera have drastically different meanings. Look it up.

Btw you're not doing yourself any favors!..
edit on 30-10-2016 by breakingbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: breakingbs
Julius is a descriptor, like "short haired," "red haired" etc...

I think you may be confusing that with Caesar which was used to describe hair. The name Julius is derived from the Greek and meant 'Jove's child'.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

My reply is a subtle codex reference...

And there's the problem... I'm not good at subtle!!! I'm more like the proverbial bull in a china shop... I need things spelled out for me (hanging my head in embarrassment...)

So thank you for the reference. I will check that out and think about it in new terms. Much appreciated!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

Julius is the male form of his mother's name Julia (IVLIVS or Julius, it doesn't matter, they didn't have lowercase letters either in pre-Ecclesiastical Latin. Stole most of them from Koine Greek.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No, I meant it's a descriptor "such as"...

You know. Brown haired, short, stout, etc. Wasn't being too specific. I looked it up. Must have seen another reference.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: breakingbs

I gave you the definition, it means 'Jove's child'.

His Anglicized name, Gaius Julius Caesar, would be something like Happy Bald Child of Jove.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

My reply is a subtle codex reference...

And there's the problem... I'm not good at subtle!!! I'm more like the proverbial bull in a china shop... I need things spelled out for me (hanging my head in embarrassment...)

So thank you for the reference. I will check that out and think about it in new terms. Much appreciated!

Needless to say, these stories are everything but obvious? Aquilae is Eagle in Latin. Magnae refers to its magnificence, The Great Eagle. Rome? Germany? USA? Maybe all of them? Also look up the OT apocryphon 2nd Ezra....
edit on 30-10-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm seeing multiple references. One to a family name meaning downy bearded, etc. Hate to burn your goat but It's not important. My point was that they're different words from different sources. Look at it how you choose..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm seeing multiple references.

Only if you look at 'Caesar'. The name 'Julius' always meant what I stated:

Julius: as a boys' name is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Julius is "youthful; Jove's child". Source

As it became the fashion in the later times of the Republic to claim a divine origin for the most distinguished of the Roman gentes, it was contended that Iulus, the mythical ancestor of the race, was the same as Ascanius, the son of Aeneas, and founder of Alba Longa. Aeneas was, in turn, the son of Venus and Anchises. Source

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Yes, I know they did that. There are other references. And we could quibble over sources. But my point was my point.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Needless to say, these stories are everything but obvious? Aquilae is Eagle in Latin. Magnae refers to its magnificence, The Great Eagle. USA?

I have seen a similar theory (is that the right word?) in relation to the quatrains of Nostradamus.

It does seem to me that there is an underlying code or language in Biblical and other ancient manuscripts of some significance. Perhaps something that was understood by certain people at the time... perhaps lost today? But clues left behind for "those who have eyes to see?" But I sure don't know. I just want to know!

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

There are other references.

I have not seen any. Please post them.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Google it. I know that's lazy but so am I. And the references were pretty spread out. Will probably take you ten minutes, my task master sir, to sort thru and see if you think the sources are valid. They are wiki and various others. And I could be wrong. Sir I'm a clod hopper. Just some sh#t kicker out here. But my point still stands (?)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Julius is a descriptor, like "short haired," "red haired" etc...

I think you may be confusing that with Caesar which was used to describe hair. The name Julius is derived from the Greek and meant 'Jove's child'.

Latin Jupiter (Gen. Jove) would be the same as Greek Zeus or for that matter Canaanee Ba'al. Now turn your page until you read about the wings of the Temple when the stone-fixed Devil speaks his dusty whisper tempting Jesus to letting Aquilae Magnae found up there-- to drop the serpent he is holding in his claws

Then ponder why Saulus "Terio" greet a certain "Bar-Jesus" with "Son of the Devil", that is Son of Jupiter, Julius. Was Jesus his own son? What is it they call him again: "Only begotten" or Gr. Monogenes - lit. "self begotten".

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Google it. I know that's lazy but so am I.

I did, nothing showed up for what you claimed 'Julius' meant. What are your sources?

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Awesome. None of that has anything to do with you not understanding the Latin alphabet.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And none of that has anything to do with names that start with 'E'.

Why would they hide the Jew in Julius? E? Should they rather called him Ali?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join