It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The stupidest thing I have ever tried to light a cigarette off of is.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well I thought this would be a good funny topic when I started thinking about the time I tried to light a cigarette off of a light bulb. When that failed I tried using one of those space heaters with the red coils in it.

O.k. I know it is stupid to non smokers but I was once under 18 and could not buy them or sneak out to get something to light it with. Trust me I know I am not the only one who has tried stupid things. I have brought this up several times with smoking friends and there are always some funny responses.

My all time worst though is the light bulb.

[edit on 24-1-2005 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I hate to admit it, but i've tried the stove, gas and electric, strangers cigarretes, electric heaters too- I never tried lightbulbs-betcha they have to be extremely high wattage to get the light, huh?

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It is more difficult than you may think to get your light from a raging bonfire.

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
It is more difficult than you may think to get your light from a raging bonfire.

LOL OMG, I saw a dude Burn his hair that way , I hope you didn't get burned trying to do that

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A toaster.

Seriously.

Works well, makes your breakfast taste terrible though.

JAK

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Years ago I was round at a party where a good friend and I were chatting in the kitchen with some others. No-one had a light for his cigarette when someone suggested he use the cooker.

At home he had only ever had an electric cooker, the one in this house however was gas. Quite surprisingly it was the first time ever he had used a gas cooker to light a cigarette. So, with a few drinks inside him and withough thinking he lent right over the hob with the cigarette in his mouth thinking of how with an electric cooker you would place the cigarette directly against the element.

It looked a little like this
but credit where it is due, it was the highlight of the evening.

Jack

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The animation makes it oh so much better. I've used gas stoves several times also but have never had that bad of an experience.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
An overclocked iMac G5. I mean, seriously, those things are going to have some major cooling issues in their later years.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've done the electric stove bit to get a light. Nothing more drastic than that, i usually get frustrated not finding a light and will drive down to the corner store to get matches or a lighter.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

LOL OMG, I saw a dude Burn his hair that way , I hope you didn't get burned trying to do that

No, fortunately. Just press the cig up to a glowing log at the bottom of the pyre and turn away, the hair on your knuckles will singe off but anyway you will look less neanderthal that way for next year's Darwin awards, LOL.

*Pauses to reflect - how did that bonfire get started, anyway? *

I hope some of you smokers will be reformed soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

[*Pauses to reflect - how did that bonfire get started, anyway? *

I've often wondered that myself several times. Truth is bonfires usually involve alcohol. Most people are sober when the fire is lit so they haven't had a chance to lose their lighters. 6 or 7 drinks later and the lighters especially start to disappear. Hence the using burning sticks or putting your life at risk to light a cigarette.

Ever been driven around while your drunk. Cars eat lighters like washers and dryers eat socks. I always wondered where they went. Then one day I took out my speaker box in my jeep which was behind the back seat and behold! Literally 7 lighters.

I am sure others can back me up about while you drink your lighters disappear.

top topics

join