It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of Candidates

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

edit on 30-10-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

edit on 30-10-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
As an example, this very angry image of Trump accompanies a rather aggressive toned article on Open border policy

Whereas the following image has Trump with a more somber look to reflect the seriousness of the tragedy he was observing and helping with.

You can for the most part see the emotional reaction the article intends to elicit by studying the expression of the subject in question with the images provided.

It can be anyone from a celebrity to a politician to a victim of a tragedy. Marketing is all about appealing to emotions and feelings more than anything else. And these venues have to do what they can to generate their ad revenue, which means targeting the emotions they know their readers want to experience on a subject.

Trump is my man though thats why I used his images, but its the same with Hillary, Obama, John Kerry, Biden, the Generals at the Pentagon, foreign diplomats and so on.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

NLP techniques stand out like sore thumbs. Try not to gorge yourselves on the koolaid folks- Its all a Hollywood Production and Trump is in the Big Club as well the 99% of us are not. Carlin was telling you the truth.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
A picture is worth 1,000 words. We can't afford to pass up an exchange rate like that when illiteracy is at all time highs.
edit on 30-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Kalixi

Reldra read up on the Times OJ Simpson cover

These tactics have been going on for decades.

I thought he was innocent and I never saw the Times cover, I will look at it though.

It's an infamous example. They basically took the mug shot photo of OJ and darkened the image to make him look menacing. The case had so much racial tension with a "black man murdering a white woman" and the Times editor exploited this to sell magazines

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
“Whoever controls the media, the
images, controls the culture.” - Allen Ginsberg

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Mod Note:

Hi People,

Can we keep it on topic please.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

ahh yes, I found it, and the difference is clearly noticeable. It was a controversy then too apparently.

“Pretty crazy, huh?” the African American man working at the newsstand says. “They made him blacker.” Did they really? Yeah, they did. Welcome to the third edition of O.J. Fact Check.

WHAT? NO.
Yes! And it was super obvious. This was a huge deal in June 1994, because magazine covers mattered more than they do now. When both Time and Newsweek put the same person on their covers in the same week, it meant that person was a big deal.

The Internet was in its infancy — so in its infancy that the New York Times didn’t call it the Internet — it called it American Online, and the Time cover was one of the first things to spark Internet outrage — or at least, American Online outrage. The Times explained:

I was an eight year old child that just returned from the beach with my family when pop turned on the TV and there was the pursuit happening live, so I never noticed the covers controversy until you mentioned it a moment ago. Crazy # man.

edit on Sun Oct 30 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

These are the "REAL" pictures of Donald and Hillary the media doesn't want you to see!

Happy Halloween!
edit on 30-10-2016 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I was thinking the same thing. I was reading an article on corn and this is the picture they used..

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Some other posters said it's because of propaganda, that's not quite right though. The pictures match the intent of the article, people who dislike Trump are more likely to read an article that has an unflattering picture of Trump on it. Basically, the images are used so that people subconsciously select the articles to read that go along with their preconceived opinions.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I Think Hillary is looking a Bit Scary Today , maybe the Campaign is Wearing her down ?

Yes , Happy Halloween All !
edit on 30-10-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

ok, thats one helluva pumpkin, I cannot come near that. She is a Predator though isn't she??

<< 1   >>

join