It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aboriginal Australians, Pacific Islanders carry DNA of unknown human species

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: projectvxn

Seems to me DNA can change through adaptation to the environment, Wouldn't mean necessarily these people came from another planet.

Yes, someone could have a way to modify dna through the manipulation of epigenetics.

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
A few nights ago I watched a documentary about how Chinese have a unique ancestor which is why they have the facial features that they do have. So it seems that although we can all trace our roots back to Africa the different races we see is a result of interbreeding with other hominids that lived in various parts of the world.

I for example never believed the nonsense that white people are white because they moved into colder climate or that Japanese have slanted eyes because of dust or intense sunlight. White people are white because they picked up that characteristic when they mated with a hominid that must have lived in the far north that had that phenotype and Japanese have those eyes because they inherited it from whatever hominid they interbred with.
edit on 30-10-2016 by zinc12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Stating we can't mate with other species on Earth as a defense that it would not be possible with an extraterrestrial, displays the lack of knowledge and understanding some of our members have.

**As of right now we have Goats that have been genetically spliced with spiders so we can extract the silk out of the goats milk to mass produce spider silk.

www.sciencechannel.com...

** We have also created pigs and cows that glow in the dark.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If you for one second think that a race that can bend space time ( because thats the only way your going to travel light years in any respectable amount of time ) cannot splice their DNA with a human. Then you need to stop perusing this forum and try reading Science-daily instead.

edit on 30-10-2016 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed
a reply to: projectvxn

Who's to say they evolved here from hominids at all?
What if their origins are extraterrestrial? What if Denisovans or Neanderthals are as well?

There's too many holes in evolution to exclude a theory of extraterrestrial origins.

No, there aren't. They're all hominins (hominids). With every discovery this become more clear. The interesting thing is, prior to DNA testing we had only bones and still did a pretty good job of establishing relationships. And when DNA came into the picture, it confirmed everything that had been done with bones. DNA nailed it, as it were. There is no credible extraterrestrial hypothesis out there. It amounts to fanciful speculation by the ignorant.

As to these "different species" of hominim, they amount to sub-species. Why? Because they could all inter-breed. You and I are likely about 2% Neanderthal, about 4% Denisovan. That's an average. And it's not really surprising that ancient man was evolving into separate species back then. There was no or little interaction between sub groups, and when that happens sub groups begin to evolve separately. But as long as they can continue to inter-breed, they are more or less the same kind of guys. If you sat across from them on the subway, you couldn't tell the difference. Indeed, even Homo erectus would fit into the modern variations. Indeed, Neanderthal had slightly bigger brains than us (perhaps a variation due to statistics--not enough samples) By definition this new species hidden on the DNA could inter breed. Otherwise they wouldn't have found it.

The evolution of Homo sapiens may be more complicated than we envisioned in 1900. But the picture of evolution has never been clearer. The combination of archeology and DNA has 'sealed the deal' and no space aliens are required to finish this picture. We evolved here on Earth. Homo sapiens sapiens is the current and only survivor of this process. We're still evolving, and we may be different 100,000 years from now, but we'll still be here regardless, come hell, high water, or comets.
edit on 10/30/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128

If you for one second think that a race that can bend space time ( because thats the only way your going to travel light years in any respectable amount of time ) cannot splice their DNA with a human.

Why do you think extraterrestrials would have DNA?

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I wish I could go back and interact with all the types of human species from erectus to the little people.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

What is telling you that they do not?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
After reading this thread last night I went on a 4 hour spree researching the Ebu Gogo.

It ain't often I find something new....but my mind has been thoroughly blown.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
After reading this thread last night I went on a 4 hour spree researching the Ebu Gogo.

It ain't often I find something new....but my mind has been thoroughly blown.

These are the same as the Junjudee, or little people aka little yowies of Australian folklore.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Triton1128
a reply to: FatherLukeDuke

What is telling you that they do not?

I'm not making any claims about aliens having DNA, you are, therefore the burden of evidence rests with you.

So, why do you think aliens have DNA?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join