It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just saw something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well this section is for sharing experiences with 'UFOs' and I thought I'd share what I saw just now while outside speaking with 2 friends.

Firstly I'm located in Jamaica, I was speaking to 2 friends and I frequently look at the sky, i'd expect anyone from this forum to look at the sky pretty frequently especially at night. At one point, which was about 20 minutes ago, I noticed 4 lights and they seemed a bit fixated slowly moving across the sky. The arrangement was 2 lights on one side and 2 on the other side, in between there was nothing but sheer darkness and it would be considered a line directly across from each other. At first it looked like just 2 lights, however, I noticed that the 2 lights were swirling around each other on each side in a ying and yang motion.

So just to recap the characteristics of said 'UFO', 2 pairs of lights, orange, traveling parallel, I'm no good judge of distance, but it seemed to be a kilometer apart, it's travelling in a twining motion and there's a see-saw effect between the 2 pairs of light, it seems wobbly. It's not moving at extraordinary speeds, seemed very slow actually, there was no sound, I ruled out satelites as they wouldn't move that fast and wouldn't move as if they were tied together by a piece of string, it traveled a significant range so it didn't appear to be something burning up in the atmosphere but it could be as I guess orange usually indicates fire? And lastly it came from the direction i'd say south heading north not perfect directions but in the direction of america i guess. I didn't get an image of it for it was small and far out of reach for the camera i'd have at the time(LG G5 phone) but I did my best to recreate what I saw with photoshop, If anyone else sees or knows what it is it'd be nice to know.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

You've heard of Chinese lanterns ?
Seems to me that's probably what you saw.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
So you're telling us this is a Photoshop image of approximately what you saw? Well, regardless, they're classified on the Hynek Scale as "Nocturnal Lights." That's the lowest unit on the sale, just below Daylight Disks." Sadly, there's not much you can do with them but speculate. There really isn't enough information to take this anywhere.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
So you're telling us this is a Photoshop image of approximately what you saw? Well, regardless, they're classified on the Hynek Scale as "Nocturnal Lights." That's the lowest unit on the sale, just below Daylight Disks." Sadly, there's not much you can do with them but speculate. There really isn't enough information to take this anywhere.

Schuyler is right. There have been quite a few observations of bizarre lights in the sky, even Columbus wrote of something he saw.

My experience with orange orbs is one experience, but it was fascinating.

I had been talking to a buddy and at one point for no discernable reason i said "watch, we are going to see something in the skies tonight."

About five minutes after saying this, a gal runs in from outside and yells for everyone to come outside. We ran outside and to the west far out over the ocean were 10 orange lights. They moved independently of one another, all in sporadic directions. Suddenly, all of the objects began to move towards the same spot in the sky. As soon as they reached this point, they disappeared one by one.

Some thought we were seeing the back end of rockets. Others thought they were lanterns, but that seemed unlikely due to the distance and altitude over the ocean.

Nice post OP. S n F

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

At least you are reporting it. Maybe someone else saw this from a closer better angle?
Hopefully more people saw it!

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Orange seems to be color of the month for strange sightings.A couple days ago on my way to work I saw 2 sets of orange lights that were in diamond shapes pointing up.Neither were moving that I could see,after I went past a hill both were gone.Never seen anything like that.A relative saw a unknown aircraft being refueled lastweek,He described it as much bigger than the tanker and looking similar to a Klingon bird if prey,kinda sounded like a updated Valkery bomber to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My ex-wife is Jamaican. She and her former navy seal father recall seeing a BBT in Kingston one night in the mid-nineties. I myself lived in Kingston for over a year and that night sky is a beautiful clear star filled one. It's probably all US government covert projects. Refer to one jetsons dog thread! Hahahah

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Chinese lanterns do not spin around each other...But that's the world of UFOs...You don't have to know what it was to qualify...You just have to be pretty sure what it wasn't...

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Iscool
The lanterns follow the wind so it depends on what the wind is doing. If there are little vortices in the wind, of course they can spin around each other, and those happen quite a bit. Sometimes they are called "dust devils", and where conditions are right to create one they are often right to create more than one also. There are 5 vortices seen here, and more when the camera pans.

Multiple dust devils

edit on 20161030 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What pathetic contributions. Might as well just told the OP he was seeing things. . Now we are to stretch our imagination to assume the pair of Chinese lanterns were stuck in some dust devil vortex and spinning in tandem over Jamaica ?

Couldn't of just said military planes? OR is that too believable?

Awesome forum! Great members...
edit on 30-10-2016 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I've had the same experience as the OP did, and also they were orange orbs, I filmed them and zoomed in on it very close to the core of this thing.
They look like Chinese lanterns at first, but the ones who are not are not wobbling and seem like an orange embryo.

It's funny you talk about going into a vortex of hot air, why did the ones I encountered stop exactly above me and start swirling into space?

I've seen them like five times now here where I live and first I had friends over who also saw them. My wife, she's a nonbeliever or, well she don't want to know.After seeing the first one evening, she looked outside, and I was still in my bed, saying " those wacky balloons are again over our house, but it's strange they all fly in a pattern of the big dipper " I said WHAT jumped up and saw it myself.When they slowly passed by the big dipper was right before eyes outside in the night sky.

Don't know what they are, but sometimes it ain't balloons IMO

posted on Oct, 30 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Not believable at all , military planes don't fit the description given by the OP.

Awesome forum! Great members...

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1
I was merely responding to the claim by Iscool that "Chinese lanterns do not spin around each other" which seemed to indicate he was completely unaware of dust devils and how lanterns can certainly do that in a vortex.

I certainly have no idea what you saw but carry your cell phone with you and at least try to get some kind of imagery to review if you want someone to provide some ideas on what you may have seen.

I find it a little disappointing when people make false statements about the capabilities of Chinese lanterns and the wind. So no, we can't rule out Chinese lanterns just because the lights were spinning around each other. There might be other reasons to rule out Chinese lanterns in some cases, but that one isn't supportable in this case.

originally posted by: Triton1128
What pathetic contributions. Might as well just told the OP he was seeing things. . Now we are to stretch our imagination to assume the pair of Chinese lanterns were stuck in some dust devil vortex and spinning in tandem over Jamaica ?
I didn't see anybody say they thought that the OP was hallucinating or even imply it so I don't know why you would say "Might as well just told the OP he was seeing things".

It doesn't sound like a description of military planes to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner
Orange seems to be color of the month for strange sightings.A couple days ago on my way to work I saw 2 sets of orange lights that were in diamond shapes pointing up.Neither were moving that I could see,after I went past a hill both were gone.Never seen anything like that.A relative saw a unknown aircraft being refueled lastweek,He described it as much bigger than the tanker and looking similar to a Klingon bird if prey,kinda sounded like a updated Valkery bomber to me.

Now this is extremely interesting. Where was this? And holy sh**

Um.....have you checked out the "strange california sighting" thread in the aviation forum. For your friends behalf who saw her. You really should.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYREnjoyed your threads, Zaphods and Sammishmans for a long time before joining so yes,I have seen the California thread.Coincidently,I was a KC10 crew chief and remember we sent a plane to Edwards to be fitted with a special tank in 89.Probably shouldn`t say any thing else about that,besides that was just about the time sky quakes started,Anyway both sightings were between Johnson city and Knoxville,east to west and the Smokies and Cumberland gap north and south.I am not surprised to see anything here,sure wish I had seen the green lady,if that's what it was.Just my luck,when we were refueling a bird in very,very restricted air space all of us chiefs had to sit in our seat and couldn`t even look out the window,much less go back and sit in the boom compartment.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I was referring to " non traditional military planes / crafts "

The US government spends BILLIONS on black projects every year. Due to them being of " national defense " they are not required to say what and where they spend those BILLIONS of dollars.

Back in the 90's, it was said that the US government has technology that is 40+ years ahead of what they share with the public. If that is any bit true, then what they are currently experimenting with, or testing could be what we are seeing.

Fact: The US military is always researching, testing, and building more advanced crafts.
Assumption: Someone flew 2 sets of Chinese lanterns over Jamaica that got caught in a ocean side dust devil.

^ I hope you can understand my point I was trying to make.

posted on Oct, 31 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

I hope you can understand my point I was trying to make.

I understand it I just don't believe it.
If I were testing a supersecret craft I wouldn't fly it slowly over an occupied area , I would test it somewhere less conspicuous or over the ocean.
Lanterns exist in Jamaica and are used at wedding parties , I think it more likely that is the explanation for what the OP saw.

edit on 31-10-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Interesting, considering another poster just posted this.

Orange Ball of Light, 0630L, Nov 1, 2016

and I replied to his post as I have also sighted ORBs like this myself, I posted a sighting 7 years ago but I had no photos either because the dark night sky just made my mobile photo look like a laser dot in the blackness of the night.

Orange Ball/Orb In Sky Over UK/Manchester

new topics

top topics

join