It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met Opera House Evacuated After Suspicious Powder Sprinkled Into Orchestra Pit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The Metropolitan Opera was evacuated after an audience member walked over and sprinkled an unknown powder into the orchestra pit during an intermission. Hazmat Crews and police are on the scene investigating. The suspect has not been apprehended.

This is an active event so not much is known at this point. A stretcher was wheeled in and out with an inflated suitcase device on it. Ambulance also on scene and police are currently searching for the suspect.
abc7ny.com...
www.nbcnewyork.com...
www.facebook.com...

The Metropolitan Opera House was evacuated Saturday night after an audience member went on stage with a suspicious powder. An unknown person went on stage during the intermission of the show and sprinkled powder into the orchestra pit shortly before 5:30 p.m., police said.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That awkward moment when you drop your bag of coco......

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I'm guessing it was some sort of psychedelic powder, like some sort of super-powerful shroom spore mixture.

The guy probably wanted the orchestra to kick it up a notch for the second half or maybe get a little spacey or something.

Just my guess, of course.

I guess we'll learn more.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

It could be anything at this point. Funny that first 2 posts are saying some kind of psychedelic or coc.. I see what's on your minds. J/K

There was someone on facebook saying that maybe someone was sprinkling a loved one's ashes possibly. Hope they update soon. I'm sure they'll find out who did it since there's cameras everywhere and most people who can afford the opera probably don't pay in cash.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yeah I think its one of many forthcoming distractions to pry our attention from the obvious criminal behavior that the Clinton's represent

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Did they go ONTO the stage and drop the powder? Or did they drop it INTO the pit? Two different things. (The article says both things in the same sentence) To get onto the stage is more difficult than walking to the front of the auditorium and dropping something into the pit, which is the area below and at the front of the stage where the orchestra is situated in operatic performances or musicals, when there is action and motion ON the stage.

posted on Oct, 29 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

A person on facebook posted that they were there and an audience member walked to the edge where you can look down into the pit and sprinked it from there.

top topics

join